PDA

View Full Version : Next season should be interesting

pinniped
12-10-04, 01:56 PM
I'm looking forward to this next season...I don't think Ferrari will be so dominant - toward the end of last year it appeared Williams and McLaren were on the pace, BAR and Renault close...It looks like all the proven "fast" drivers are in quality cars - Webber at Williams, perhaps Heidfeld too, Fisichella at Renault, Button at BAR, Montoya and Kimi at McLaren...this could get good...

Hard Driver
12-10-04, 02:58 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I had hope last year too. We all kno whow that looked at half way done. I do think the rule changes with a single tire will make the most difference. How will the tire companies deal with the new tires will decide the first half for or against Ferrari is my guess.

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 03:04 PM
Ferrari stopped developing their car in August :laugh:

btw, I'm always looking forward to F1 ;)

pinniped
12-10-04, 03:16 PM
Ferrari stopped developing their car in August :laugh:

I've got a bridge to sell you, Crapus! ;)

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 03:51 PM
Yeah... I'm sure they developed it all the way through Brazil despite clinching both titles many, many weeks earlier. And I'm sure that their announcement that they have stopped development was just a big lie. And we also know that Michael Schumacher has very little to do with the design of their cars as well :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

pinniped
12-10-04, 03:55 PM
Yeah... I'm sure they developed it all the way through Brazil despite clinching both titles many, many weeks earlier. And I'm sure that their announcement that they have stopped development was just a big lie. And we also know that Michael Schumacher has very little do do with the design of their cars as well :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

If you follow formula 1 as much as you obviously do, I cannot figure how you haven't determined that the clearest sign that something isn't going to happen or that it didn't happen, is if a team makes a formal announcement to the effect that it will or that it did.

If I were Ferrari, and had clinched the title early, I might put out such an announcement.

I might also be running development parts and pieces to determine their speed or reliability.

I have been following formula 1 since you were in diapers. You wanna continue?

Ankf00
12-10-04, 03:58 PM
alright everyone, now now, time to settle this

here is the judging table, as you can see, the surface is graduated linearly in .01 inch increments, laser sensors will determine girth as well as length, both of these factors shall be utilized in calculating final 'size'

now unzip and let the judging begin

:D

cork, as inventor of this competition, and designer of this measuring equipment, shall be the final judge, and he sits over in that luxury box over there ---->

*runs* *hides* *covers eyes and ears*

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 03:58 PM
So you're saying they continued to develop their 2004 car up until the end... yet lost significant ground to Williams and McLaren? :gomer:

Can you explain it? :gomer:

pinniped
12-10-04, 04:03 PM
So you're saying they continued to develop their 2004 car up until the end... yet lost significant ground to Williams and McLaren? :gomer:

Can you explain it? :gomer:

the more cynical (realistic) among us have suggested that Schumacher may not have been performing up to his usual level once he won the championship. One can speculate as to whether that was due to lack of motivation or intent. A rather humorous British article was posted here recently along those lines.

I do find it funny, that once he had the title sewn up, all of the sudden Rubens starts outqualifying him and winning races, and that Williams and McLaren are starting to win races on merit.

Hey, no offense intended. I was posting a thread to express my enthusiasm for the next season. Perhaps I shouldn't sell you the bridge after all.

As to losing ground to McLaren and Williams, that can best be explained by the fact that both of those cars were radically altered from their beginning of season forms. I do believe that Williams gave a push to its aerodynamicist at the end of the season as well. No more tusks.

As further support for that hypothesis I would offer the fact that both McLaren and Williams started the season being outpaced by BAR and Renault. So they moved up on all of them, not just Ferrari.

Maybe they did stop developing the car. Neither of us know, but I doubt it.

Or are you such a self-proclaimed insider that you can show us proof?

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 04:20 PM
When I have proclaimed to be an insider?

I do know that they said they halted progress on the F2004 package aside from the usual engine development and tire testing that is routinely carried out throughout the year. Each track has different characteristics... so there is naturally some level of preparation for each circuit. I don't necessarily consider that to be "development" of the 2004 package... and its certainly not aggressive development by any stretch.

I do believe that the vast majority of Ferrari resources were diverted towards the 2005 project much earlier than anyone else. Their dominant position in the championship gives them this luxury. It doesn't take an insider to understand that you have to sacrifice 2004 development in order to do this.

There is evidence of this. In July, Ferrari actually stopped work on the clean sheet F2005 package according to Ross Brawn (see below) because the regulations were still up in the air. At that time, the decision was made to start the 2005 season with a hybrid 2004 car (again--another division of labor working on another project other than the development of the 2004 car for the 2004 season... you can call it development of the current package if you want... but I would suggest instead that they are trying to find solutions to the problems that must exist when trying to take a package designed for one set of regulations work for an entirely different set of regulations)... and without question since they have been also working on the 2005 car.

Here is the article:

Ferrari Scrap 2005 Car Designs

Saturday July 24th, 2004

Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn revealed on Saturday that the World Champions have scrapped development on their 2005 car and could start next season with their current machine

"We had already started next year's car and done quite a lot of work on it and most of that is now scrapped," Brawn said. "We have had to stop gearbox design and have put a hold on some of the chassis design.

The engine that we were making has been stopped and we are now going to keep the same engine because of the requirement for it to last for two races. So (the rule changes) have had quite an impact and a lot of teams will be looking at taking their old cars to the first few races. It is a big compromise but you have to design a car for next year that is good over 19 races.

pinniped
12-10-04, 04:24 PM
Well, perhaps.

But that is kind of an incongruous argument ya got there, feller! Ok, so since IN JULY they determined that they had to scrap a good deal of their work on the 05 Ferrari, and that Ferrari would have to start the next season with an 04 car - Ferrari then stopped developing the 04 car IN AUGUST knowing it would be used for the beginning of the following season as well.

I get it. :rolleyes:

pinniped
12-10-04, 04:28 PM
When I have proclaimed to be an insider?

Well, isn't that the whole tone of this series of your posts? That I am but an unwashed formula 1 fan compared to the mountain of up-to-the-minute formula 1 information known as crapus? Come on, you wanna be condescending, don't be surprised if someone calls you on it.

Have a nice day.

Dr. Corkski
12-10-04, 04:49 PM
Did you copy and past this from last year? :laugh:

pinniped
12-10-04, 04:53 PM
Nope. :confused:

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 05:21 PM
Call me on what? :laugh:

Dude... I have no opinion of you as a knowledgeable F1 fan. I do think that your opinion on the development of the F2004 is pretty much fantasy... while common sense and facts support my opinion. :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 05:29 PM
Well, perhaps.

But that is kind of an incongruous argument ya got there, feller! Ok, so since IN JULY they determined that they had to scrap a good deal of their work on the 05 Ferrari, and that Ferrari would have to start the next season with an 04 car - Ferrari then stopped developing the 04 car IN AUGUST knowing it would be used for the beginning of the following season as well.

I get it. :rolleyes:No you don't :gomer:

This was covered...

(again--another division of labor working on another project other than the development of the 2004 car for the 2004 season... you can call it development of the current package if you want... but I would suggest instead that they are trying to find solutions to the problems that must exist when trying to take a package designed for one set of regulations work for an entirely different set of regulations)

pinniped
12-10-04, 05:30 PM
Call me on what? :laugh:

Dude... I have no opinion of you as a knowledgeable F1 fan. I do think that your opinion on the development of the F2004 is pretty much fantasy... while common sense and facts support my opinion. :thumbup:

Laugh it up monkeyboy...what you posted makes no fricken sense whatsoever. Common sense would have Ferrari developing their car if it is to be their vehicle for the next 6 months or so. In fact, the article you posted as "proof" shows that.

To wit: "they are trying to find solutions to the problems that must exist when trying to take a package designed for one set of regulations work for an entirely different set of regulations". Sounds like divullupmint to me :laugh:

:gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 05:38 PM
:gomer: uh... not for the 2004 season, supergotard. Its a totally separate project. You obviously have no idea how technical problems are worked in F1. Anyone else recall McLaren's multiple working groups during the MP4-17D, MP4-18, MP4-19 days?

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 05:50 PM
Still got your head in the sand? :gomer:

Ferrari to Stop Development of Current Package

Tuesday July 27th, 2004

By Michele Lostia

Ferrari will stop the development of their current car from now on and focus on 2005, according to the Italian squad's boss Jean Todt.

The World Champions need just nine more points in the six remaining races to clinch the constructors' title, while their star driver Michael Schumacher is 49 points ahead of the closest of his non-Ferrari rivals, BAR's Jenson Button.

Schumacher's teammate Rubens Barrichello, together with Button the only other driver with a mathematical chance of winning the title, is 36 points behind the German.

With both titles nearly in the bag, and with radical new rules expected to be introduced for next season, Todt said continuing with the development of this year's car would be pointless.

"We are on the right track for the two Championships. We've done a good job in Germany too, with perfect reliability and an excellent work by the entire team," Todt told Gazzetta dello Sport. "What is happening is truly extraordinary.

"Now all efforts will go towards next season's project: there is absolutely no reason why we should carry on working on developing the current package, unless this could be useful also for 2005."

The sport's governing body, the FIA, is aiming to introduce radical new measures for next year, in the hope of slowing the cars down and reducing costs. The measures are likely to be imposed if satisfactory alternative proposals had not been agreed by at least eight teams and presented by September 6.

Todt, however, said talks between the teams were progressing.

"The F1 technical working group has made some proposals to the FIA and it is now up to the FIA to establish whether these are enough or not," he said. "In the latter case they will make some modifications, but anyway I think I can say that we are moving in the right direction."

I'm sure that was all bull**** :gomer:

pinniped
12-10-04, 05:52 PM
dude, if you really believe that Ferrari, which outspends every other team, stopped developing the car they would be using for the end of 04 and the beginning of 05, well, you oughta buy my bridge after all. If you can't figure that out, you have no way of knowing the incredible intricacies of telling your rear end sphincter from a hole in the ground.

pinniped
12-10-04, 05:53 PM
:gomer: uh... not for the 2004 season, supergotard. Its a totally separate project. You obviously have no idea how technical problems are worked in F1. Anyone else recall McLaren's multiple working groups during the MP4-17D, MP4-18, MP4-19 days?

you mean like way back last season? :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 05:56 PM
dude, if you really believe that Ferrari, which outspends every other team, stopped developing the car they would be using for the end of 04 and the beginning of 05, well, you oughta buy my bridge after all.I think we've achieved maximum density.... :gomer:

again... not for the 2004 season... which was the original context of this thread. The hybrid car will have little in common with the 2004 car. Rubens drove it with 2005 downforce levels today for the first time. Here are his comments:

Barrichello Bashes '05 Aero Package
Written by: Cassio Cortes
Jerez de la Frontera, Spain – 12/10/2004 Barrichello admitted the new aero package felt "very strange" during his Jerez testing session (LAT Photo)

Returning to his Ferrari cockpit for the first time since season’s end, Rubens Barrichello got his first taste of the new aerodynamic regulations set by the FIA for 2005 - and didn’t like it at all.

The Brazilian believes the new configurations, introduced in an attempt to slow down the cars, will actually make the sport “more dangerous.”

“The car has more understeer and more oversteer,” he felt, admitting to be “shocked” by his Ferrari’s behavior. “To overtake with this, I really don’t know how it is going to be done.”

“The car is much more nervous now,” added Barrichello. “There is no mechanical grip, because you are lacking in aerodynamic grip and behind someone you lose everything again – effectively you do not have the car to turn the corner.”

Although he eventually affirmed to be looking forward to the challenge of adapting to the new package, “Rubinho” predicted at least one collateral effect for the “slower” regulations: a mixed grid in next season’s Melbourne kickoff.

“Expect a host of surprises [there]. You can count on a lot more spins next year than 2004, for sure.”

mapguy
12-10-04, 05:57 PM
If Ferrari stopped developing their car in July then why did they introduce new barge boards for the last two races of the year?

pinniped
12-10-04, 06:01 PM
If Ferrari stopped developing their car in July then why did they introduce new barge boards for the last two raced of the year?

shhh...crapus has got some secret insider-y stuff that he's gonna cut and paste... :rofl:

pinniped
12-10-04, 06:04 PM
I think we've achieved maximum density.... :gomer:

again... not for the 2004 season... which was the original context of this thread. The hybrid car will have little in common with the 2004 car. Rubens drove it with 2005 downforce levels today for the first time. Here are his comments:

I fail to see how the fact that they also developed (there's that word again) the car for 05, and that Rubens tested it in 05 configuration after the end of the 04 season, shows anything other than that they also developed it for 05. Further, since it is fundamentally based upon the same chassis, I find it hard to believe that no improvements apply to both seasons.

Did you take logic in college? :confused:

Methanolandbrats
12-10-04, 06:49 PM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/piss2.gifhttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/cwm/cwm/piss.gif

pinniped
12-10-04, 06:51 PM
Crapus' monkey is smaller! :gomer:

Railbird
12-11-04, 08:01 PM
nice pizzing contest boys, please continue.

no really

I wish Williams would have signed Button just to see how "the next Alan Jones" would size up. Heidfeld might be chompin' at the bit.

McLaren should be quite the show with the binge drinker matched against the binge eater.

With Fisi and Alfonso Renault may well have the most interesting matchup imo.

Will BAR manage to maintain it's momentum with the cockpit occupants in a holding pattern?

I see Toyota as Team Neurosis with an unpredictable pairing of headtrips.

Could Sauber's recent windtunnel advancements and tire change turn the Massa/Villeneuve matchup into something meaningful?

Will Square Head Dave make a big splash with Red Bull?

WTF is going on at Jorden?

Minardi will be there I guess.

jonovision_man
12-11-04, 10:09 PM
There was a rumour going around that Ferrari was well down the road to developing a new engine, but then the final specs were different so it was completely scrapped... left them scrambling to get their 2005 competitor right.

Add to that the testing restrictions which will harm Bridgestone and help Michelin significantly, and you never know, 2005 could look more like 2003 (went down to last race) than 2004.

I'm still betting on Ferrari to win it all though... WCC & WDC.

jono

Dr. Corkski
12-12-04, 03:52 AM
And it will still be David Richards' fault one way or another. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
12-13-04, 11:36 AM
You didn't think I was going to waste any of my precious weekend on this wankery, did you? :laugh:

If Ferrari stopped developing their car in July then why did they introduce new barge boards for the last two races of the year?No new design work was being carried out in Maranello from July/August. Anything different that showed up on the car later in the year... for example, a Monza aero package, was already designed/built/tested.

Dirty Sanchez
12-13-04, 11:46 AM
I fail to see how the fact that they also developed (there's that word again) the car for 05, and that Rubens tested it in 05 configuration after the end of the 04 season, shows anything other than that they also developed it for 05. Further, since it is fundamentally based upon the same chassis, I find it hard to believe that no improvements apply to both seasons.Yes, you fail to see.

The F2004 was not designed for the 2005 regs. It was designed for the 2004 regs. Any design solutions for 2005 would not benefit them in 2004 because the regs are drastically different. The fact that they have a 2005 spec-aero package available to test now shows that they've been busy designing it and manufacturing it over the past several months. :gomer:

It takes resources to accomplish this... resources that would otherwise be earmarked towards aggressively improving the F2004 for the 2004 season... which didn't happen :gomer: Why?

B E C A U S E

T H E Y

A L R E A D Y

W O N

B O T H

C H A M P I O N S H I P S

pinniped
12-13-04, 01:51 PM
Okay, you know what, its been a few days and I'm willing to let this little wankfest pass on into history. If you want to declare yourself the victor, go ahead. I don't really care if Ferrari stopped developing their 04 car (for the 04 season) before or after August. I sincerely doubt it, and aside from cut-and-pasting some press releases you don't know either.

I might direct you to some other recent gems in formula one press releases. First, Richards isn't fired from BAR, followed a day or so later by his resignation. Button to Williams. Trulli to remain at Renault for remainder of 04 season. Couthard not necessarily being fired at the beginning of the 04 season when McLaren had admittedly already hired both Montoya and Raikonen for 05. There will be no Silverstone. I can go on and on. I am sure you get the picture. Or not.

But if you feel that you are the supreme geek of internet formula aficionados, far be it from me to disabuse you of that hallucination. Keep reading your press releases! :gomer: That apparently is more important to you than actually contributing to a thread which was supposed to be about expressing enthusiasm for the next season.

I've got work to do...bye.

Dirty Sanchez
12-13-04, 02:19 PM
WIN-NAR! :D

I only believe believable press releases... you've supplied some good examples of releases that turned out to be false. Bravo! It has nothing to do with this topic however... unless you are suggesting that all press releases are false (please try to make that argument).

It is easier to question a press release when there is a logical motive for you to believe otherwise. In this case, there is no reason to question it because there was nothing for Ferrari to gain... they already had the 04 season in hand.

Furthermore, the 05 regs don't even come close to jiving with 04. Every aspect of the car... tire technology, engine performance (given the assumption that longer engine life comes at the expense of performance), and aerodynamics are being changed dramatically. The end result will be a slower car and longer laptimes.

Sorry... its more likely than "they continued developing the car all season long but Schumacher just lost his motivation" theory you've offered. :gomer:

So waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :cry:

Now as far as being excited about next year. I'm always excited for F1 (as I stated previously). I disagree with this statement however for the reasons above... "I don't think Ferrari will be so dominant - toward the end of last year it appeared Williams and McLaren were on the pace, BAR and Renault close"

Perhaps you only appreciate contributions that agree with what you write :gomer:

pinniped
12-13-04, 02:23 PM
Perhaps you only appreciate contributions that agree with what you write :gomer:

I wasn't aware that I owed you a duty to appreciate your off-topic "contribution." I'm still not aware of that in fact. :confused: It's a forum, not everyone will agree with you. Some might do it based upon common sense, deal with it. You're gonna need new panties soon.

Dirty Sanchez
12-13-04, 02:30 PM
Yet, I appreciate yours. Oh, the irony. :laugh:

pinniped
12-13-04, 02:32 PM
Yet, I appreciate yours. Oh, the irony. :laugh:

I am flattered. :gomer: A guy who calls himself "Crapus" likes my "posts" unh-huh... :saywhat:

Dirty Sanchez
12-13-04, 02:33 PM
Getting any work done? :gomer:

pinniped
12-13-04, 02:34 PM
Getting any work done? :gomer:

I'll send you a bill. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
12-13-04, 02:43 PM
Please send it c/o supreme geek (or dickhead--whichever you prefer) of internet formula aficionados :laugh:

pinniped
12-13-04, 02:44 PM
Please send it c/o supreme geek (or dickhead--whichever you prefer) of internet formula aficionados :laugh:

Okay :laugh:

geeks and dickheads are sometimes similar, which do you prefer?

Railbird
12-13-04, 09:43 PM
What chassis will the Scuderia start the 05 season with?

jonovision_man
12-13-04, 09:54 PM

According to them? :) 2004 chassis modified for the 2005 rules.

Could just be a bluff though...

jono

Methanolandbrats
12-13-04, 10:14 PM
Feel the forum love http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/guus/liefde.gif

Cam
12-13-04, 10:52 PM

Trust 'bird to hit the nail on the head! :laugh:

pinniped
12-18-04, 07:11 PM
as crapus knows, this is all in humor, but I still refuse to believe I am wrong...