PDA

View Full Version : TG Steps Aside...

JoeBob
12-09-04, 05:36 PM
... Kinda.

Brian Barnhart is now President and COO of the Indy Racing League.

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/ims/news/story.php?story_id=3851

fourrunner
12-09-04, 06:07 PM
I saw that

I'm thinking Tony is relinquishing first hand involvement so that when the series goes Belly Up, he can say that it's Barnhardts Fault not his !

Same with IMS when NASCAR buys into it !

"I trusted these guys with the Crown Jewels of my Family , and they blew a successful history .... They squandered My Vision" Tony George ...June 1, 2005 ;)

Andrew Longman
12-09-04, 06:08 PM
Clabber Girl?

OK, so it got me googling and now I know that the Hulman forture was built on baking powder. I did not know that. I also did not think that was important.

Why the **** is this appointment announced on the IMS website? Other than it has something to do with the Hulmans what does it have to with IMS or the IRL? What makes TG thinks that even the most frequent visitor to the IMS website would give a hoot about the head of Clabber Girl? I certainly hope this was not the only press release about Clabber Girl because for those who really care about baking soda, I doubt they are snooping the IMS site looking for news.

Am I missing something? Are they that full of themselves? Are they that marketing tonedeaf?

No need to answer. I think I know.

RichK
12-09-04, 06:16 PM
Andrew, all those references to TG as "Clabber Boy" over the last 8 years must have been really confusing! :laugh:

(it took me about 5 years...)

Wally
12-09-04, 06:20 PM
Got to make you wonder what the motivation is.

Damage control? Will they be even bigger puppets?

:D

pinniped
12-09-04, 06:26 PM
You know, sometimes there are news stories that at first seem insignificant but really are huge...this might be one of those...hey its near christmas, a boy can be optimistic can't he?

SteveH
12-09-04, 06:31 PM
I remember a few years ago when Virginia Halas McCaskey removed her idiot son Michael as Pres. of the Chicago Bears........... ;)

dando
12-09-04, 07:10 PM
That's the first step...I hope the next one is off a cliff. :gomer:

Thx for the reminder to buy another brand of baking powder.

-Kevin

pchall
12-09-04, 08:44 PM
That thread title made me think that he got back up the curb before the 16th street bus got him.

Otherwise, it seems like the President of the Lucky ***** Club is getting out before the nonoxynol-9 arrives.

indyfan31
12-09-04, 09:05 PM
I just figured the move was meant to keep TG from saying stupid things to the press.

Methanolandbrats
12-09-04, 09:17 PM
Maybe Tony ran out of ideas to improve things.

Joe in LA
12-09-04, 09:36 PM
This really looks like a non-event to me. More a title change than a practical change. TG is still CEO and still the "owner".

Ozarkian
12-09-04, 10:12 PM
"Ummm, Brian, here are the keys to the Titanic. Don't know what those big, white things in the water are, but I'm sure you'll figger out somethin'. I'm goin' in. Goodnight."

Andrew Longman
12-10-04, 02:28 PM
Andrew, all those references to TG as "Clabber Boy" over the last 8 years must have been really confusing! :laugh:

(it took me about 5 years...)

Yup, I just chalked it up to the many things about the sport I don't know. As it is I always associated TG with Peruvian Marching Powder, not baking powder. (Not that that's gonna change)

Dave99
12-11-04, 02:58 AM
TG to BB-

Here's your new office, Brian. You try to figure it out. I'm going out for a beer.