TedN
12-09-04, 09:30 AM
Story (http://tinyurl.com/3rtpq)

Ted

jonovision_man
12-09-04, 10:16 AM
Story (http://tinyurl.com/3rtpq)

Ted

"I've heard there are possibly two more races in South America that are going to be added in the next couple of weeks. The series is starting to come up pretty good."

Two?

jono

rosawendel
12-09-04, 10:49 AM
captain crunch? i don't recall that one....

dando
12-09-04, 03:08 PM
I believe the Penske guys hung that on him during his last season with the team.

August 23, 1999
CART - ANDRETTI BLASTS TRACY
Paul Tracy is auto racing's version of the obnoxious driver who hangs on others' bumpers and takes paint chips with him when he blows by. He was at it again Sunday. And just like last year, Michael Andretti got tangled up in the mess. Tracy knocked himself and Andretti out of the Target Grand Prix when he bumped Andretti and sent them both into a wall as they battled for third place. The crash left Andretti lightheaded - and then livid. "I don't understand what Tracy was thinking," Andretti said. "He put me in an impossible position. He was swerving toward me beginning down the straightaway. He could have hurt me." While Tracy has won once this year and is fourth in the points standings, his career has been tainted by his history of aggressive - some say reckless - driving. His nickname on the circuit is "Captain Crunch." Team Kool Green owner Barry Green had to tell him and teammate Dario Franchitti to knock it off after they had a series of bumps last year.

http://www.racelink.com/rl_news/archive/0899/drn_wk5.html

-Kevin

rosawendel
12-09-04, 03:10 PM
excellent. thanks for the info.

JohnHKart
12-09-04, 07:44 PM
"I've heard there are possibly two more races in South America that are going to be added in the next couple of weeks. The series is starting to come up pretty good."

Two?

jono

I'd love to see one in this city...

http://ofi.mef.gob.pe/ilpes/HTML/Edif-Bogota-sl-edi-5.gif

I've got friends there and I heard the women are totally hot...:)

John

lone_groover
12-09-04, 07:57 PM
ChampCar in Bogota would be awesome.... or Teaneck, or Leonia or even Moonachie.

:thumbup:

pchall
12-09-04, 08:05 PM

That nick is a decade old when PT was bending up a Penske chassis every race weekend.

Methanolandbrats
12-09-04, 08:22 PM
Crashing into temporary traffic barriers on all Continents should be the longterm goal.

Amanda B.'s Mom
12-09-04, 11:35 PM
Captian Crunch was also immortalized. At one of the Wisconsin races, Road America, I believe, the Penske paddock display had a photo of Paul pasted on a Captain Crunch cereal box. I have a photo of that somewhere.

nrc
12-10-04, 01:20 AM
As long as we're complaining about "urban races" has anyone seen a layout of the "Finning Speedway at City Centre Airport?"

I'm glad to see that the "Indy" moniker will not be applied to this event.

Winston Wolfe
12-11-04, 03:06 AM
Captian Crunch was also immortalized. At one of the Wisconsin races, Road America, I believe, the Penske paddock display had a photo of Paul pasted on a Captain Crunch cereal box. I have a photo of that somewhere.

What about the "Michael Andretti Driving School for the Blind" t-shirts that Paul and Robby Gordon had made up after some of Andretti the lesser's indescrtion's on the race track back in the CART days ????

Now THAT is some funny **** !!!! :D

formulaben
12-16-04, 03:57 PM
I still think the best was Robby Gordon at Cleveland after the checkered flag when he "accidentally" ran into Andretti. The camera just happened to be on him at the time. They exchanged looks and then Robby just turned right into him. Afterwards in the interview, he exclaimed that the steering gets real heavy when these cars go slow... :rofl:

Ankf00
12-16-04, 04:29 PM
*sigh* memories :)

ncmlj
12-16-04, 07:35 PM

I remember one time at RA by N/H transpoters they had a table set up and on the table they had a box of captain crunch with PT on the box as the captain, I thought it was pretty cool myself. I am looking for a pic to post I know I have one, just have to find it.

Old3Fan
12-16-04, 08:52 PM
I remember one time at RA by N/H transpoters they had a table set up and on the table they had a box of captain crunch with PT on the box as the captain, I thought it was pretty cool myself. I am looking for a pic to post I know I have one, just have to find it.

Old3Fan just emailed you one. Have fun. :gomer: :p