wonder how this affects ownership of The Clubhouse up in Dallas

Robstar
12-09-04, 02:27 AM
S**t !

Pantera Rob's fave band... :(

RIP :(

Willam
12-09-04, 03:40 AM
I saw them live once back in 1999 in Mexico City, opening for Metallica. Always hoped for a reunion tour or album...He'll definitely be missed, hope that Vinnie Paul and everyone else is ok... :cry:

JohnHKart
12-09-04, 07:10 AM
I always fear these kind of things in clubs....Just unbelievable...I wasn't a Pantera fan but I've read about Dimebag for years in guitar magazines.....This is horrible.

John

RaceGrrl
12-09-04, 10:49 AM
I know someone who was at that show last night. She's not at work today, so I hope she's all right. :(

G.
12-09-04, 11:39 AM
"The shootings came exactly 24 years after John Lennon was shot to death outside his New York apartment building by a deranged fan. "

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/nightclub_shooting

"Police spokeswoman Sherry Mercurio identified three of the victims of Wednesday's shooting as Abbott, who played for the Texas-based band Damageplan, and two other men, Nathan Bray, 23; and Erin Halk, 29.

She identified the gunman as Nathan Gale, 25, of Marysville, 25 miles northwest of Columbus. She said there was no information on a motive or any connection to the band."

A caller on a radio station this AM suggested that they have a monent of noise in his honor.

RIP :(

Methanolandbrats
12-09-04, 11:49 AM
Have to change his name to Bodybag :)

pinniped
12-09-04, 02:38 PM
no offense to the raised lighter and external leather jockstrap crowd, but what kind of dude goes by the name "dimebag"?

Ankf00
12-09-04, 02:40 PM
no offense to the raised lighter and external leather jockstrap crowd, but what kind of dude goes by the name "dimebag"?

talk to anyone who's met him and had beers with him at The Clubhouse, and they'll ALL tell you he's one of the nicest, coolest guys they've ever meet

pinniped
12-09-04, 03:04 PM
talk to anyone who's met him and had beers with him at The Clubhouse, and they'll ALL tell you he's one of the nicest, coolest guys they've ever meet

Ooopps, I guess my prejudice against that genre of music is showing...my bad...

spinner26
12-09-04, 03:18 PM
Rumor has it Sug Knight is behind this. He was trying to sign the new group to his label and Dr. Dre was getting the upper hand. www.damageplan.com. Nice looking dude huh.

JohnHKart
12-09-04, 07:23 PM

It's really wierd, I've been around people that are involved with dope before, and I've read about this guy for years, but I didn't even put two and two together till I heard Howard Stern last night asking someone why was he called Dimebag and the guy said he was a major party head. Obviously it refers to Marijuana.

John

Ankf00
12-09-04, 07:24 PM
Rumor has it Sug Knight is behind this. He was trying to sign the new group to his label and Dr. Dre was getting the upper hand. www.damageplan.com. Nice looking dude huh.
?? I'm assuming that's a joke... anywho, looks like it was some psycho from Ohio that blamed Dimebag for breaking up Pantera... what I don't get is why security just followed the wanker up on stage, why did they let him on the stage in the first place? You'd think at a club with previous shootings that they'd take security a bit more seriously :rolleyes:

Rob
12-09-04, 08:33 PM
Have to change his name to Bodybag :)
Tasteless. :thumdown:

pinniped
12-09-04, 09:26 PM
It's really wierd, I've been around people that are involved with dope before, and I've read about this guy for years, but I didn't even put two and two together till I heard Howard Stern last night asking someone why was he called Dimebag and the guy said he was a major party head. Obviously it refers to Marijuana.

John

Sure, it just sounded kind of lame. That would be like calling yourself Johnny Shootup.

Sean O'Gorman
12-09-04, 09:45 PM
Why did it have to be Dimebag Darrell and not Eight-ball Anton? :saywhat:

Clown
12-09-04, 10:13 PM
Tasteless. :thumdown:
But funny :p

Seriously though, I saw this on the news this morning, ****ing weird :saywhat:

Dave99
12-09-04, 11:07 PM
Sorry about your bud, Rob. :(

Why did it have to be Dimebag Darrell and not Eight-ball Anton? :saywhat:
Who's to say he's not on the list?

Everybody run, the homecoming queen's gotta gun! :eek:

Warlock!
12-09-04, 11:13 PM
Usually, when someone passes whom I have less than positive feelings towards, I try to just STFU.

Warlock!

rabbit
12-09-04, 11:55 PM
There is nothing funny about somebody's son/brother/father/husband/friend getting shot by a wacko, whether you're a fan or not. :thumdown:

RusH
12-10-04, 12:19 AM
I won`t pretend to have followed Pantera music or knew his name when it was mentioned in the news, but that was some messed up shiess to happen. Every Dec 8, I remember what happened in 1980. The fans killed makes it even worse, no matter what you think of his nickname, seems he was a nice guy...shame. :(

Ankf00
12-10-04, 12:52 AM
Vinnie's in the hospital and recovering, he should be fine

JohnHKart
12-10-04, 06:27 AM
From what I heard on Howard Stern Dimebag did not break up the band but lead singer Phil Anselmo wanted to leave and become a solo artist....so it wasn't even Dimebag's fault!

John

Ankf00
12-10-04, 11:34 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/12-04/1210gale.jpg

here's the douche of a marine corps reject that did it, why isn't he one of the ones getting blown to bits in iraq? :flame: seems the cops took his psycho ass out with a shotgun or rifle to the face :flame:

G.
12-10-04, 11:45 AM
Link, Ank?

I heard that the scumbag had a chockhold on a fan, gun to fan's head, cop walked up and gave him a pop-off valve. Props to the cops!

Ankf00
12-10-04, 12:02 PM
dallas morning news, dallasnews.com, but it's free subscription, news.google should have plenty...

he had a headlock on someone, and that person survived unharmed, he was taken down while he was reloading supposedly

rabbit
12-10-04, 01:18 PM
Turns out the moron was a semi-pro football player for the Lima Thunder.
http://www.limaohio.com/story.php?IDnum=10104

Rob
12-10-04, 01:49 PM
Turns out the moron was a semi-pro football player for the Lima Thunder.
The Lima Thunder? Is that the sound made after someone eats too many lima beans? :p

On a serious note, I think the last thing we need is for this wacko to get his name and photo posted everywhere. That's a sure ticket to celebrity status and inspiration for other lunatics seeking attention.

oddlycalm
12-10-04, 04:33 PM
I wasn't a Pantera fan but I've read about Dimebag for years in guitar magazines...Exactly right. Darrel was a great player and had the respect of musicians from a wide range or genres over a long period of time. Pantera was simply the most well known stop on his journey. Metal isn't really my thing, but there are some great musicians out there playing it and I've never considered it a shooting offense... :thumdown:

oc

JohnHKart
12-10-04, 06:55 PM
Link, Ank?

I heard that the scumbag had a chockhold on a fan, gun to fan's head, cop walked up and gave him a pop-off valve. Props to the cops!

Heck yeah.....I'm totally for insta justice by the cops when justified....Now no interviews, no prison...no glory for this guy he's out.

John