PDA

View Full Version : Do you know the way to San Jose?

Pages : 1 [2]

Ankf00
12-10-04, 06:43 PM
They sure did, but they got rid of 'em as soon as they figured out they sucked. Their street race experiments have not been repeated.

ALMS is heading away from parking lot races. Champ Car, on the other hand, is embracing them like a savior and moving AWAY from real road courses.

ALMS is going in the right direction - Champ Car is going in the wrong one. Thus my deep concern.

"The goddamned PLANE has crashed into the MOUNTAIN!"
"This is our concern, dude"

Ankf00
12-10-04, 06:47 PM
Somebody point me to where the real Champ Car fans hang these days. This thread has made me sick to my stomach. I'm ashamed to call myself a Champ Car fans with elitist like those here.

With a schedule like we have for 05 and I read this "Two years ago I made it a point to go to all four different American road course Champ Car races - if 2005 doesn't change soon I'll be able to go to ONE. Unacceptable."

Stop kidding yourselves, you are not a fan of Champ Car and if that's "pumping sunshine" like one mouth breather wrote, take it how you will.

This forum just changed for the worse.

ya, we're not fans, we're just here to get a rise out of the true fans :rofl:

We're not employed by CCWS, we're fans, fans who enjoy this sport, ENTERTAINMENT, as soon as it ceases to entertain then it's no longer worth the $

THAT'S business

not that I'm saying it's reached that point, but once it does are you still going to be here trying to tell us we're only real fans if we pay for all the crap they're trying to sell us without thinking for ourselves?

keep drinking the CCWS branded bordeaux dude...

I have no interest in keeping alive a fight with TG just to have a fight, if the end product of CCWS reaches a point where it isn't worth purchasing and defending, then TG can have whatever the hell it is he won... and KK and crew can move on to their next business venture

trish
12-10-04, 07:10 PM
According to some, this is a business for the new owners but a charity for the fans. So just suck it up and make your donation.

Don Quixote
12-10-04, 07:27 PM
Sorry folks, I am still too much in the "happy that the series is still alive" mode to piss and moan about this street race or that street race. I don't remember a single poster supporting the Denver race in the first two years. Look what happened in 2004, it was arguably the most successful and best race of the year. Give these guys a chance. I agree the SJ course looks lame, but give it a couple of years of tweaking and who knows, maybe it will come through. I miss MO as much as anybody here, but what the hell are the amigos supposed to do about it? All they can do is fish for venues where they are wanted. All may noy be rosy, but its sure as hell is better than this time last year. At least they have engines for the future. Give me a break. Patence grasshoppers.

RaceGrrl
12-10-04, 07:53 PM
I still go to ChampCar races because it's the kind of racing I enjoy most. Is it ideal? No. Is it a shadow of what it once was? Yes, but right now it's still the series that I most enjoy. Once that changes, and it's possible that it will if all of the natural terrain courses are gone, then I'm likely gone too- at least as a hardcore fan who spends a fair amount of time and money supporting the series. At that point, I become a casual fan.

CCWS' current direction is towards the money, which I can understand given its dire financial condition. If following the money means leaving the hardcore fans in the dust, then they may find out down that they have no hardcore fanbase left. It's great that the present owners have enough belief in the series that they'll open their wallets to pay for it. I'm sure that the reason they did this is not simply out of love for the series, but instead because they expect a return on their investment.

Rebuilding the series on street courses is a slippery slope. "The street venues are making us money, why go back to MO or RA!" Fact is that it isn't the fans ponying up the dough, and as much as we KNOW that the natural terrain courses belong on the schedule, wishing isn't going to make it happen. We should let KK know how we feel but I'm also willing to walk away when the series is no longer entertaining instead of clinging to a memory of what it once was.

If feeling this way means I'm not a real fan, then what the hell are we doing running this site? It just means that I expect more than what we're getting right now, and that I will try to be patient to see what develops, but I won't wait forever.

nrc
12-10-04, 08:47 PM
I'll ask it again... why is it so important for you, as a fan, that Champ Car makes a profit? And most importantly, do you think the series is better or worse with 1.3 mile streetfests instead of balls out road courses? Answer as a fan instead of an armchair executive for a change. Remember this is a fan-forum :rolleyes:

I'd rather see Champ car running on road courses. But then a lot of kids want a pony for Christmas, too.

trish
12-10-04, 10:56 PM
I'd rather see Champ car running on road courses. But then a lot of kids want a pony for Christmas, too.
In business, the goal is to make a profit by meeting a want or need. Or at least that's what I thought it was about. When you stop meeting the wants and/or needs of your customer you're gonna go out of business. If you haven't worked with a customer you most certainly have been one. If you feel you are getting a poor product or service, you don't give the company a break because they can't afford to offer you a superior product anymore. No customer does that. They take their business elsewhere. Real world. Fans are customers and sentiment will only come into play for a very tiny group. That's not going to be enough. This has nothing to do with Christmas wishes or fairy tales.

Dirty Sanchez
12-11-04, 01:21 AM
I'd rather see Champ car running on road courses. But then a lot of kids want a pony for Christmas, too.omg, that's almost clown clever :gomer:

Spicoli
12-11-04, 01:27 AM
omg, that's almost clown clever :gomer:

back it down a notch there francis. there's more than just YOU to consider.

:hater:

Dirty Sanchez
12-11-04, 01:34 AM
back it down a notch there francis. there's more than just YOU to consider.

:hater:yeah, don't forget the alpacas. :gomer:

haha... friday night fights, eh? bring it, sally :laugh:

Ankf00
12-11-04, 05:19 AM

I got something in my teeth could you get it out for meee eeeee? now that's ****ing TEAM WOOOOOORK!!!

Spicoli
12-11-04, 08:50 AM
yeah, don't forget the alpacas. :gomer:

You can come and get your Mom now, she's all done doing my laundry. :gomer:

:kiss:

jonovision_man
12-11-04, 11:43 AM

But the kid down the street is getting them! (IRL)

jono

Dirty Sanchez
12-11-04, 11:56 AM
You can come and get your Mom now, she's all done doing my laundry. :gomer:

:kiss:I went to Applebee's last night. You were right, man. That place rocks HARD :gomer: