PDA

View Full Version : Always wanted to own a piece of ashphalt? Now you can!

devilmaster
12-07-04, 02:24 PM
http://www.e-kmi.com/fyi.html

INDY 500 TICKET BUYERS CAN PURCHASE A PIECE OF RACING HISTORY

Indianapolis, Indiana — Fans who purchase reserved-seat tickets for the 89th Indianapolis 500 can buy a mounted piece of the famed asphalt from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval for the discounted price of $10.

Pieces of the surface were removed this fall as part of the first complete repaving of the 2.5-mile oval since 1995. Those pieces were used for a special collection of track surface keepsakes now on sale at the Brickyard Authentics Online Store at www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com.

Indy 500 ticket buyers can purchase a rectangular piece of asphalt measuring 2 11/16th inches by 1 inch, mounted on a plaque with the famous IMS Wing & Wheel logo, for $10. This piece was created exclusively for Indianapolis 500 reserved ticket holders. A similar piece sells for $25 at the Brickyard Authentics Online Store.

Both renewal and new customers are eligible to take advantage of this offer, which makes an ideal holiday gift. Fans should call (800) 822-INDY or go online at www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com to purchase tickets and discounted IMS asphalt pieces. The offer is limited to five pieces of track surface per customer and while supplies last.

Customers who purchase tickets at www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com will see a banner ad showing the asphalt offer upon completing their ticket transaction. Customers who already have renewed their tickets for the 2005 Indianapolis 500 will receive information and an order form for the asphalt promotion via mail within the next week.

The 89th Indianapolis 500 is scheduled for Sunday, May 29, 2005.

Steve

racer2c
12-07-04, 02:26 PM
I want the slippery peice that made Buddy Lazier spin coming out of pit lane while leading! Or was that Scott Sharp. It's hard to keep them straight. :)

RacinM3
12-07-04, 02:27 PM
I'd pay 10 bucks for a mounted piece of TG's brain.

Oh wait......

pchall
12-07-04, 02:45 PM
They've still got tens of thousands of the 'original' bricks to scam gomer folks on as well. I've been told that those bricks come from a refuse pile left from the original paving. How Gomeresque.

theunions
12-07-04, 02:50 PM
Why is KMI publicizing this?

2DB
12-07-04, 03:01 PM
Having a cup of coffee before leaving for work this morning the TV was on one of the local channels when the ad came on for tickets and you get a piece of "asphalt" with each order. Ticket sales, as well as I can remember from being around for a few years, have never been hawked this early to my knowledge and never a gift of asphalt was included. Mr. and Mrs. Bird did, however, give me a Goodyear marble from the third turn from the inaugural Brickyard 400.

Kelvis

P.S. Yep I still have the marble, thats sick.

Sean O'Gorman
12-07-04, 04:37 PM
Its too bad they aren't big enough to throw through Defender's windows. :thumbup:

B3RACER1a
12-07-04, 05:09 PM
Sean, you beat me to it! :rofl:

devilmaster
12-07-04, 05:16 PM
Why is KMI publicizing this?

Dunno. But they are.

Personally, I was waiting for someone to make a "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" comment......

Perhaps one of the resident photo-shoppers can make something to match. ;)

Steve

L1P1
12-07-04, 11:45 PM
Hi. I'm TG.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20030523/tony_george_34386.jpg

Buy my pee-pee. My pee-pee has been run over much more than the asphalt of my grandfather. And by much more important people.

And, if you buy TG pee pee, you get Indee Tickee! Freebee!

Spicoli
12-08-04, 12:06 AM
waste of a good orgasm.

Jervis Tetch 1
12-08-04, 09:59 AM
waste of a good orgasm.OMG!!!!! That's got my vote now as the funniest post of the year. :rofl: