PDA

View Full Version : America One Network?

nrc
12-06-04, 08:35 PM
America One, based in Fort Worth, Texas, is a 24-hour broadcast network that provides Western, equestrian and American values programming to more than 20 million households via nationwide network TV, cable and satellite distribution systems in the U.S.
In January, the network will carry a full weekday prime-time schedule of sports, the company said. In addition to Canadian Football League games, AOTN will add the American Basketball Association and auto racing with the Champ Car World Series.

I sure hope they mean ancillary programming like qualifying or Dangerous Curves. :saywhat:

http://adweek.com/aw/regional/southwest/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000732555
http://www.americaone.com/

FCYTravis
12-06-04, 08:50 PM
WTF????

They can't be serious. AmericaOne was advertised as the TV home of the AMERICAN INDYCAR SERIES back when that was running. Maybe some overzealous Web copywriter decided the AIS was now the Champ Car World Series??? :confused:

Turn7
12-06-04, 09:20 PM
AOL/AOTN whats the difference? :gomer:

nissan gtp
12-06-04, 11:05 PM
huh ? :confused:

Do you want to see America One on your Digital Satellite System?

We need your help.

Call your Digital Satellite Provider and request that America One Television be added to the channel lineup.

for gods sake, just say no

Spicoli
12-06-04, 11:07 PM
It says "WEEKDAY" programming.

Maybe they will run replays of the races? :confused: Maybe someone should call down there and ask. Does Cuban have anything to do with this?

And btw - we getting HDTV back too?

Mike Kellner
12-07-04, 12:57 AM
Wasn't there a post here to the effect that CC was going to be on CBS & NBC? CBS is Viacom, which owns about half the cable channels, so it is likely to end up on one of theirs. I think the Guy Channel or whatever it was they were on last year is Viacom. I am sure I don't get America One, and I am on Charter, which is one of the big cable companies, which means a zillion other mid west cites don't get it either.

I want MTV to be our cable network. Champ Car is a perfect fit for MTV. Extreme sports, and it has nothing to do with playing videos. Maybe we could get some drivers on Date My Mom, or Room Raiders.

mk

Clown
12-07-04, 01:08 AM
Um... America One broadcasts the "Fellowship of Christian Cowboys rodeo ministry" :saywhat: :rofl: :laugh:

Mike Kellner
12-07-04, 01:11 AM
America One broadcasts the "Fellowship of Christian Cowboys rodeo ministry"

When it comes to savin' souls, they believe in takin' the bull by the horns. :laugh:

mk

dando
12-07-04, 01:24 AM
I am sure I don't get America One, and I am on Charter, which is one of the big cable companies, which means a zillion other mid west cites don't get it either.

20mm households doesn't equate to one of the top 4 or 5 cable providers (Comcast, TWC, Adelphia, Charter...). It makes Speed look like ESPN.

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-07-04, 01:56 AM
ya, that DEFINITELY sounds like Fort Worth.

FCYTravis
12-07-04, 02:03 AM
No... AOTV makes SPEED look like ABC.

No matter how many households get this channel somewhere up in the 790s of their America's Top And Bottom 1000 Every-Channel-In-The-Universe-And-Then-Some-Whether-You-Like-It-Or-Not package from DirecDISHTV, nobody's ever heard of it and even fewer ever bother to watch it.

manic mechanic
12-07-04, 02:41 AM
Wasn't there a post here to the effect that CC was going to be on CBS & NBC? CBS is Viacom, which owns about half the cable channels, so it is likely to end up on one of theirs. I think the Guy Channel or whatever it was they were on last year is Viacom. I am sure I don't get America One, and I am on Charter, which is one of the big cable companies, which means a zillion other mid west cites don't get it either.

I want MTV to be our cable network. Champ Car is a perfect fit for MTV. Extreme sports, and it has nothing to do with playing videos. Maybe we could get some drivers on Date My Mom, or Room Raiders.

mk

The MTV genre probably wouldn't comprehend Champcar. Not enough air, too many wheels, and no Bud car.

MTV is all about the thump & bump, bling bling, and (sellout) Dale Jr. these days.

Get Bronte in a video, and maybe you could generate some interest (however casual it may be). Other than that, I'm skeptical that the ADD afflicted youth that watch MTV would stay on the channell.

Oh yeah..Let's see PT pitching "date my mom"... :rofl: (no offense, Viv.)

manic

Michaelhatesfans
12-07-04, 03:20 AM
America One broadcasts the "Fellowship of Christian Cowboys rodeo ministry"
Not even sure where to start here...

I mean, just for a start, there's like 500 jokes about bull***** to choose from...

What's a smarta$$ to do?

JoeBob
12-07-04, 04:36 AM
http://www.americaonesports.com/

It looks like they make sports programming available to local channels that don't have their own sports programming. This is from their site:

America One Television has over 100 affiliated stations located all over the United States.
If you can’t see us on one of our current affiliates then call your local UPN, WB, or Local broadcast station and ask for America One’s Sports programming, or email us, and we’ll see what we can do to help.

The email address is: query@americaone.com

cart7
12-07-04, 08:56 AM
I sure hope they mean ancillary programming like qualifying or Dangerous Curves. :saywhat:

A broadcast network providing "American Values Programming", sounds like a right of center Christian network.
Great, there goes all the gratuitous skin shots of Bronte and the coverage of Surfers will be almost unwatchable.
;)

Wheel-Nut
12-07-04, 10:52 AM
Um... America One broadcasts the "Fellowship of Christian Cowboys rodeo ministry" :saywhat: :rofl: :laugh:

Climb on the back of one of these and you need religion!!

http://espn.go.com/i/prorodeo/PG3_pr_PPPC03_0925_Richards.jpg

Methanolandbrats
12-07-04, 10:57 AM
Climb on the back of one of these and you need religion!!

http://espn.go.com/i/prorodeo/PG3_pr_PPPC03_0925_Richards.jpg I love bull riding. I always root for the bull. Nothing better than a huge animal stomping the **** out of a redneck :thumbup:

Mike Kellner
12-07-04, 11:03 AM
I realized the other MTV show ChampCar could work with....

Pimp My Ride.

Not only could it produce some unique pace cars, but that already is the motto of many of the team owners. :laugh:

mk

Easy
12-07-04, 11:49 AM
How to church up Champ Car for Mtv consumption:

•Have Sprewell make a spec spinner wheel for all those Lolas.

•Fit a PS2 in the cars and a flat screen on all steering wheels.

•Have all champ cars fitted with a booming system the whole block can hear.

•Give each driver a (TRL Friendly) music genre to fit into. PT can be rap; Jourdain latin pop; AJ, Wilson, Tag and RHR a boy band; Bruno can wear eye shadow like those half assed punk/goth bands (Good Charlotte).

Actually, if it wasn't made up of mostly gentleman racers, Speed Touring Car could be a nice fit for a half hour magazine show on MTV in addition to full race coverage on Speed. I'll take any and all credit for that if it comes to fruition. A season or two in Cunningham's Nissan will be fine, thank you.

Michaelhatesfans
12-07-04, 01:35 PM
I love bull riding. I always root for the bull. Nothing better than a huge animal stomping the **** out of a redneck :thumbup:
Agreed!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ankf00
12-07-04, 01:50 PM
jeebus that's a big, pissed off mammal

pferrf1
12-07-04, 02:46 PM
I realized the other MTV show ChampCar could work with....

Pimp My Ride.

Not only could it produce some unique pace cars, but that already is the motto of many of the team owners. :laugh:

mk

Now thats a funny line!

Clown
12-07-04, 05:51 PM
I love bull riding. I always root for the bull. Nothing better than a huge animal stomping the **** out of a redneck :thumbup:
Thats sooo f'ing funny :rofl: :laugh: :thumbup:

nissan gtp
12-07-04, 11:21 PM
I'm up for CC on MTV (quallies and Dangerous Curves) :D

L1P1
12-07-04, 11:36 PM
I like the theory that this is for live broadcasts. PT wrote about a 7/7 split between CBS and Spike. That would be good if it could be done.

JoeBob
12-08-04, 02:34 AM
"1" of the other sites is reporting that they'll be replaying last season's races starting in January.