PDA

View Full Version : Dinger Wins Autosport Award

TedN
12-06-04, 10:04 AM
Link (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=41061&s=90)

Monday December 6, 2004
US Champ Car star voted in by autosport.com users

AJ Allmendinger has been voted the autosport.com rookie of the year. The 23-year-old American ended the season sixth overall in the Champ Car World Series standings with two podiums and finished top rookie.

Allmendinger was voted by you ahead of new Ru-Sport team-mate Justin Wilson, IRL star Darren Manning, F1's Christian Klien, Nextel Cup ace Kasey Kahne and BTCC Seat driver Rob Huff.

"It's been great for me," said Allmendinger. "I've had a lot of success but I've had a lot of good people behind me. Paul Tracy has been a good influence.

"Carl Russo has spent a lot of money on me and I have cost him a lot on damage! But it has been a great year and a lot of great things happened. Champ Cars is a great series right now with a lot of people in it that want to spend a lot of money.

Allmendinger said he is looking forward to the challenge of having Wilson as a team-mate in 2005: "He is going to tower over me, but hopefully not on-track," joked Allmendinger. "I had a great time racing with him this year. He is going to try and steal my thunder but I don't want to let him."

mapguy
12-06-04, 05:08 PM
:thumbup: I was pleasantly surprised considering Dan "just call me Imelda" Wheldon was in the voting.