PDA

View Full Version : Music downloads

Railbird
12-05-04, 12:40 PM
My wife has taken an interest in down loading some tunes and since that has nothing to do with racing I haven't a clue.

Tips or suggestions?

Clown
12-05-04, 12:51 PM
Suggestion: Have an affair with a college girl whilst she's busy downloading ;)

Anyways, Try LimeWire or Bittorrent (I recommend Suprnova.org and Azureus).

Ziggy
12-05-04, 01:06 PM
'bird, I only used Napster a few times, then it went south. Brother uses Limewire quite a bit. FWIU, you must have a pretty stout virus program as some jokers get their kicks by spreading virus's

(vi russ essssssssss)???????????

GTP race at one oclock. Land of the mighty go fasts

JoeBob
12-05-04, 02:16 PM
If she's willing to pay for the music, Apple's iTunes is really good.

Classic Apex
12-05-04, 03:51 PM
WinMX.

nissan gtp
12-05-04, 04:05 PM
If she's willing to pay for the music, Apple's iTunes is really good.

I agree. Unless she wants to be a computer geek, buy her and iPod and get iTunes on your 'puter. You can rip all your CD's (nice and easy), and paying $1 a song seems reasonable to me.

iTunes works great for listening to "The Truth" too :laugh:

JohnHKart
12-05-04, 07:59 PM
These days I normally only download so I can learn songs to play in my cover bands and I always buy my favorite artists albums. I've been having a lot of trouble with Kazaa lately. There's tons of fake tracks so you download the track and end up with silence. In the middle of the night there is better luck there. WinMX seems to be less problems with fake tracks. I have the pay Kazaa and anti spy ware software so the spy ware thing is not a problem, point being made is, Kazaa probably isn't the way to go.

John

Clown
12-06-04, 12:27 AM
you must have a pretty stout virus program as some jokers get their kicks by spreading virus'sLinux :p

cart7
12-06-04, 04:47 PM
since that has nothing to do with racing I haven't a clue.

Does that excuse work with stuff like mowing the yard, painting the house, taking out the garbage, etc, etc. ?
:gomer:

mapguy
12-06-04, 05:11 PM
WinMX.

I used to use WinMX and it was great. But for some reason lately when I launched it my computer would shut down after only a minute of running it. I have since switched to LimeWire and I love it.

BTW. I haven't bought a CD in over 4 years thanks to Napster/WinMx/LimeWire.

JoeBob
12-06-04, 05:49 PM
Does that excuse work with stuff like mowing the yard, painting the house, taking out the garbage, etc, etc. ?
:gomer:

You can race lawnmowers. ;)

indyfan31
12-06-04, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=mapguy]I used to use WinMX and it was great. But for some reason lately when I launched it my computer would shut down after only a minute of running it....QUOTE]

I would immediately blame it on the fact that it has "Win" in the name of the product. ;)