PDA

View Full Version : College foosball: Conference Championship Week

dando
12-04-04, 12:56 PM
Here we go, last chance to change the BC$ standings....

Miami (+7)/Va Tech
Auburn (+15)/Tennessee
OU (+22)/Colorado
USC (+23)/UCLA

The only surprises I expect are Va Tech over Miami, and the Buffs make the Big 12 championship closer than expected. Auburn and USC will roll big. Ank will be pulling for S. Miss to @ least stay close to Cal. Ain't gonna happen.

In other news, Zook is rumored to be headed to ILLinois, and UofL's Petrino is favored for Ole Miss. Domers still don't have a clue....how 'bout Mike Price? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-04-04, 02:00 PM
Price is staying at UTEP for at least 2 more years, he owes them, he owes them big... Mike "call me jack daniels" Leach is rumored for the illinois gig too, but don't see why he'd leave the state for illinois of all programs, dan hawkins is being rumored for the domer gig cuz he's catholic, and of course everyone thinks stoops will go, why? i don't know, the man has one of the top tradition laden programs with one of the best recruiting bases... *shrug*

dando
12-04-04, 07:03 PM
Price is staying at UTEP for at least 2 more years, he owes them, he owes them big... Mike "call me jack daniels" Leach is rumored for the illinois gig too, but don't see why he'd leave the state for illinois of all programs, dan hawkins is being rumored for the domer gig cuz he's catholic, and of course everyone thinks stoops will go, why? i don't know, the man has one of the top tradition laden programs with one of the best recruiting bases... *shrug*
Price was suggested in jest...that would give the domers the triple crown for stupidity the past three years. So coach Mooch was contacted and declined...no matter what happens, it looks like the domers won't have a big name or hot young coach. Back to the drawing board...

BTW, this piece (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=1938204) by Ivan Maisel is pretty spot on about ND's status and issues. Behold the Emperor's new clothes!

Stoops is always mentioned because the talking heads assume the grass is greener away from Norman. Heck, why would anyone leave OU knowing they have that game in hand each year @ UT? :gomer: Perhaps Greg Robinson is ready for a new challenge? ;)

Also, UofL Cardinals rolling big against 2lane. 2 bad they dint beat Miami. :gomer:

EDIT: note the good call on the Va Tech upset. 'SC having a bit of a problem w/UCLA...wonder if Dave is sweating yet? ;)

-Kevin

dando
12-04-04, 07:48 PM
Just wondering....when will Norm Chow's name come up for a head coaching spot?

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-04-04, 10:55 PM
Greg Robinson is my hero. His defense is glorious. Lay off his glorious defense.

HOOK 'EM GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://home.engr.utexas.edu/patelaa/pictures/hookem.gif

dando
12-04-04, 11:44 PM
Greg Robinson is my hero. His defense is glorious. Lay off his glorious defense.

HOOK 'EM GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://home.engr.utexas.edu/patelaa/pictures/hookem.gif
I think yer secretly in love with above mentioned Mr. Robinson (SOG is jealous). :gomer:

Nevermind my earlier call on the Big 12 Championship game...the Big 12 North should be disbanded ala the SWC. Horrible, just simply horrible.

Nice extra point attempt, Golden Eagles! :rofl:

-Kevin

dando
12-04-04, 11:49 PM
So much for dem Eagles (and the Shorthorns BC$ chances).

How many WRs does Cal have left? :eek:

-Kevin

FCYTravis
12-04-04, 11:57 PM
beautiful extra point. couldn't have kicked it more straight into the bears' hands myself. now I'm watching almond throw passes into the end zone seats.

I'm smelling roses...

Hail to California, Alma Mater Dear.
Sing the joyful chorus, Sound it far and near.

Big C means to fight and strive and WIN for Blue and Gold.

:D :laugh:

FCYTravis
12-05-04, 12:00 AM
Suck it down, Southern Miss. Suck it long and suck it hard.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BULL****.

FCYTravis
12-05-04, 12:04 AM
Class move at the end.

EDwardo
12-05-04, 12:06 AM
SC tired awfully hard to lose. Auburn was less than impressive. The Sooners are in the process of crushing Colorado. And the Pittsburg State Gorillas are heading towards a D-II championship.

The Trojans and Sooners are gonna lay it out in Miami. Life is good.

dando
12-05-04, 12:09 AM
Man, that clipping call was BOGUS. :thumdown: Me thinks one of Ank's buds in the stands impersonated a ref on that one.

Consider the Shorthorns hooked...hello, Big D. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
12-05-04, 12:15 AM
SC tired awfully hard to lose. Auburn was less than impressive. The Sooners are in the process of crushing Colorado. And the Pittsburg State Gorillas are heading towards a D-II championship.

The Trojans and Sooners are gonna lay it out in Miami. Life is good.
Life is good?!? WTF! From this objective fan's seat on the sidelines....NFW!!!! :mad:

After this season, there can be no doubt that a playoff is needed and badly. 5 undefeated teams? 4 in the top 6?!? Put an * next to whichever team wins this mythical championship. :thumdown:

EDIT NOTE: I don't believe AU played well enough to deserve a spot in the Orange Bowl, but there is clearly not a dominating team in 1-A this season.

-Kevin

dando
12-05-04, 02:07 AM
Class move at the end.
I just hope that class move @ the end doesn't cost them the Rose Bowl as the Chris Fowler suggested on the Gameday wrap up 2night. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-05-04, 03:03 AM
Life is good?!? WTF! From this objective fan's seat on the sidelines....NFW!!!! :mad:

After this season, there can be no doubt that a playoff is needed and badly. 5 undefeated teams? 4 in the top 6?!? Put an * next to whichever team wins this mythical championship. :thumdown:

EDIT NOTE: I don't believe AU played well enough to deserve a spot in the Orange Bowl, but there is clearly not a dominating team in 1-A this season.

-Kevin

there are 3 undefeated teams, and 2 teams with high school defenses.... 4 team playoff is needed to sort out the au/ou/sc business, lets wait to see if au beats the hokies in new orleans

Ankf00
12-05-04, 03:58 AM
http://www.tedwilliamsphotography.com/pixs/photogs/associated/images/dewey_defeats_truman.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/flyingsquirrel/TX-vs-MI.jpg

if this happens... first time to play ever. this is greatness.

#3 in all time wins vs. #1 in all time wins

we caught up by 5 on ND this season, so we're only down 17 now :cool:
big blue's at 845 or something, they'll be impossible to catch, ever...

Ankf00
12-05-04, 04:08 AM
hehehehe, they're holding hands, cute:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041205/capt.msrs11012050516.california_southern_miss_msrs 110.jpg

southern miss got ****stomped at HOME by CINCI to the tune of 52-24

southern miss got ****stomped by texas christian 42-17

southern miss is a 6-5 CUSA team, save the "hostile environment" bs

Ankf00
12-05-04, 04:10 AM
Man, that clipping call was BOGUS. :thumdown: Me thinks one of Ank's buds in the stands impersonated a ref on that one.

Consider the Shorthorns hooked...hello, Big D. :gomer:

-Kevin
I actually know folks who were on the fone with those guys during the game, haha

Ankf00
12-05-04, 04:11 AM
and because I just can't get enough of this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/flyingsquirrel/TX-vs-MI.jpg

Ankf00
12-05-04, 04:53 AM
I read this, found it to be badass, so I'm posting it

The Past Decade:

Big XII has the most Heisman Trophy Winners (4)
Big XII has the most Football National Champions (4)
Big XII has the most National Championship Game Appearances (6)
Big XII has the most BCS appearances

This year:

The Big XII South Division alone leads all conferences along with the SEC in total number of teams represented in the BCS Top 25 (5)
The Big XII will once again place a team in the BCS National Championship game (superseding a 12-0 team from the SEC to get there)
The Big XII will once again have a good shot at having 2 teams in the BCS (looking more likely)
Big XII had the best non-conference record of the major conferences

the past 4 years, only 2 teams have had 10 win seasons the entire time
UT... OU... muahahaha. wait... we're OU's bitch... :cry: :(

SAC-10 can eat it :cool:

dando
12-05-04, 02:52 PM
Brad Edwards' latest BCS take:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=roadtobcs/1204

The big question now, of course, is whether Texas will jump over Cal in the BCS Standings. Given that nearly 100 voters currently have the Bears ranked higher, and that many of them might have seen Cal play live for the first time all season on Saturday night in a 10-point win over Southern Miss, it seems logical that at least three or four would have been unimpressed enough to change their order and cause a BCS switch.

But regardless of which team finishes fourth, expect that team to be Michigan's opponent in the Rose Bowl. That leaves Utah against Pittsburgh in the Fiesta and Virginia Tech to play Auburn in the Sugar Bowl.

Kinda silly that the Cal/So Miss even factors into the equation....had it occurred in Sept. as scheduled, it would have been totally meaningless unless Cal had lost. Alas, may the better team go (all things being equal I favor Cal as the better team)...I'll be rooting for the Wolverines either way.

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-05-04, 03:11 PM
ya, playing a 50th ranked SOS and only 2 bcs top 25 teams all year is definitely the way to prove you're WITHOUT question the better team :rolleyes:

bottom line: cal knew what it had to do in this game, execute, and they didnt, 17-16 in the 4th quarter, and once again, like the oregon game, had to rely on the other team missing their extra point

if mangino the hutt didn't cry about the pass interference call in the kansas game, no one notices that game and you don't have corso and herstreit lying to the country saying "southern miss is better than kansas, texas almost lost to kansas"

Ankf00
12-05-04, 05:38 PM
Supposedly it's official, Texas vs. Michigan rose bowl, newspaper ads are being placed the upside of having 3 of the top 5 advertising firms in austin :cool:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls04/bowl?game=rose

dando
12-05-04, 10:32 PM
Supposedly it's official, Texas vs. Michigan rose bowl, newspaper ads are being placed the upside of having 3 of the top 5 advertising firms in austin :cool:

Yeah, it's official. I feel sorry for the Cal guys. They got horked just like the Hawkeyes in '02. This conference bowl affiliation cr@p is just plain silly (ala 33 is just a number). They need a playoff system using the existing bowl structure with four or eight teams. For once I actually agree w/Trev Alberts. The BC$ is simply cr@p. The official polls should be published until just before the BC$ starts...maybe a week or two before. Let every Tom, Dick, and Harry publish their own polls until then. I know that this is all pie-in-the-sky, as the greedy conferences, schools, and media bastiges will never go for it. I am officially an objective observer on all of the BC$ happenings this year, and this just plain reeks. I don't give a rat's @ss about SC, OU, Texas, Cal, or AU (other than poking fun @ Ank about the Shorthorns)...I just want to see something fair and balanced. History shows that the BC$ just doesn't work.
</RANT>

Texas/Michigan should be a good game. Michigan has problems with mobile QBs (OSU/MSU), so Youngs will present a challenge. I just don't know whether UT has enough deep threat speed like Holmes and Ginn to exploit the D.

-Kevin

dando
12-05-04, 10:35 PM
Oh, and I hear they are now expecting a flood of white trash in Pasadena instead of an influx of hippies. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-05-04, 10:41 PM
Oh, and I hear they are now expecting a flood of white trash in Pasadena instead of an influx of hippies. :gomer:

-Kevin

White trash? Why do you say that? Ohio State or Oklahoma aren't going to the Rose Bowl dude....

It's Austin and Ann Arbor, and if you spoke to anyone in the southwest or plains states who saw Austin was going to Pasadena, they'd say that there was going to be an influx of hippies ;) or as Turn7 calls us, "poofsters" :D

FCYTravis
12-05-04, 10:50 PM
That is HORSE****.

I hope Texas gets stomped into the ground.

dando
12-05-04, 10:54 PM
White trash? Why do you say that? Ohio State or Oklahoma aren't going to the Rose Bowl dude....

It's Austin and Ann Arbor, and if you spoke to anyone in the southwest or plains states who saw Austin was going to Pasadena, they'd say that there was going to be an influx of hippies ;) or as Turn7 calls us, "poofsters" :D
Just f'ing with ya my good man. Enjoy the game...I have a feeling you'll need fond memories like this next season. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-05-04, 11:01 PM
Just f'ing with ya my good man. Enjoy the game...I have a feeling you'll need fond memories like this next season. ;)

-Kevin

I can't wait to be undefeated going into dallas next year with michigan and OSU under our belt ;) :D

Ankf00
12-05-04, 11:02 PM
That is HORSE****.

I hope Texas gets stomped into the ground.
:rofl: funny, I was hoping the same for Cal... btw, welcome to the snubbed club... membership dues: utter dejection, and contempt for the bcs.

but you should blame the rest of your conference for losing to the likes of boise and oklahoma state and making your SOS look like crap, the writers putting louisville and iowa ahead of UT could only last so long, decent SOS from a good pac-10 sched would've put you 5 in the computers instead of 6, oh ya, blame pitt and the big least

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/flyingsquirrel/TX-vs-MI.jpg This is greatness!

you know, I was really nervious that Dewey defeats Truman pic was going to come back to screw me in the morning after hearing espnradio's straw poll of ap voters gave us enough votes, but it came through nicely :D

also, if the writers weren't playing politics with their poll putting a 10-1 lousiville ahead of us, or a 2 loss Iowa, and if mangino the hutt didn't lift his face out of his trough after he gave up 4th and 18 to vince young, giving national attention to our close call while no one mentioned cal needed 5-6 oregon to miss an extra point IN BERKELEY to win, texas would've been ahead of cal the past 2 weeks instead of the other way around, and this wouldn't have been half the shocker.

conclusion: system sucks ass, cal and ut should both be here, pitt should be in the myteamsucks.net bowl, not the Tostitos Siesta Bowl

dando
12-05-04, 11:14 PM
I can't wait to be undefeated going into dallas next year with michigan and OSU under our belt ;) :D
I see what you mean about hippies....I can almost smell the dope smoke from here. ;)

Oh, and y'all will exit Big D same as always: with a loss under yer belts. I see ya didn't mention the outcome of the OU game in that post. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-05-04, 11:16 PM
something has to take off some of the sting after the 2nd weekend in october every year :gomer: :D

also, you never answered my open letter, you bastid!

I'm already rounding up ppl for next september, probably road tripping it, and hitting up cedar point and the R&R hall of fame while we're at it

what good hotels are near campus? I was checking out the hyatt, and the renessaince has some decent rooms for about 100, and the horns msg board has a massive block booked at the Westin Southern, which looks super snazzy, and what's the tailgating scene like? room for visitors or all taken up?

and I said "into dallas" and not "after dallas" for a very specific reason, dude ;)

dando
12-05-04, 11:39 PM
also, you never answered my open letter, you bastid!

I'm already rounding up ppl for next september, probably road tripping it, and hitting up cedar point and the R&R hall of fame while we're at it

what good hotels are near campus? I was checking out the hyatt, and hornfans.com has a massive block booked at the Westin Southern, which looks super snazzy, and what's the tailgating scene like? room for visitors or all taken up?

Must have missed that post whilst ranting @ the toob last night (with the wife upstairs shaking her head as usual). :) I actually fell off the couch and bonked my head while watching the MSU/Hawaii game last night (MSU invented a new standard for choking this season), and I just came to my senses.

In any case, on campus there are two hotels: an older Holiday Inn and The Blackwell, which is brand spanking new. The team stays @ The Blackwell, so y'all got no chance to stay there. The Westin Southern must be downtown (formerly The Southern Hotel), which was recently rennovated and is pretty darn nice. There's plenty of room downtown, which is ~5 miles from The Shoe. I doubt the NHL guys will be using any of the rooms downtown next season either. :saywhat: Anyway, there's two Hyatts, a Clarion or Mariott, Holiday Inn, and a former Adam's Mark (not sure what it's being called these days). Alternatively you can stay in the 'burbs with yahoos like me and commute the 15-30 minutes.

Tailgating near the stadium is pretty exclusive. My father in law has had season tix for 30+ years (even while they lived in NJ), and pays $50 per game to park a mile from The Shoe across the river. :eek: There are public spots just a little further away, but beware the crackdown on opener containers of the past couple of years. The fun ****s are on patrol. :(

The big scene before and after the game is @ a party called the Heiney Gate, which is right out front of the Holiday Inn on campus (plenty of Girls Gone Wild action). You've also got to check out the Varsity Club, which is a renowned spot for having beverage before games (it's been mentioned in SI in the past).

Cedar Point is only open weekends after local schools start, so you'll need refrain from partying too much on game day.

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-06-04, 12:56 AM
cork hasn't gotten online all day, I wonder where all of his Holiday Bowl taunts have gone... what a shame, his team gets to go to his favorite bowl in San Diego :rofl:

Dave99
12-06-04, 01:55 AM
cork hasn't gotten online all day, I wonder where all of his Holiday Bowl taunts have gone... what a shame, his team gets to go to his favorite bowl in San Diego :rofl:
Maybe next year Cork's team will play Kansas and benefit from a horsesh00t call by the zebras. --> :p <--

Ankf00
12-06-04, 02:03 AM
Maybe next year Cork's team will play Kansas and benefit from a horsesh00t call by the zebras. --> :p <--
they keep benefiting from missed PAT's, probably so

oh ya, 4th and 18... :laugh: <---that's for corkie

CART T. Katz
12-06-04, 02:39 AM
hehehehe, they're holding hands, cute:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041205/capt.msrs11012050516.california_southern_miss_msrs 110.jpg

southern miss got ****stomped at HOME by CINCI to the tune of 52-24

southern miss got ****stomped by texas christian 42-17

southern miss is a 6-5 CUSA team, save the "hostile environment" bs

southern miss fan is delusional enough to think that louisville and louisville fan is jealous of southern miss. after all, they do have more football (4), basketball (1), and baseball (who knows) CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS than louisville.

meanwhile louisville has a few basketball national championships and a collision course with the football national championship (the only variable is time) in its future.

and louisville is jealous how? :rolleyes:

ps. word around here is that bobby and ad tom jurich will be working on a new deal before the track meet that will be the liberty bowl. so in other words, bobby ain't goin nowhere. :gomer:

http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif
#1 in scoring offense at 50 POINTS PER GAME

pps. and yeah we should have beat miyami :flame:

Jervis Tetch 1
12-06-04, 12:55 PM
Just wondering....when will Norm Chow's name come up for a head coaching spot?

-KevinWhen Norm Chow does leave, you'll find that Pete Carroll is nothing more than a mediocre coach, just like he was in the NFL.

dando
12-06-04, 01:27 PM
When Norm Chow does leave, you'll find that Pete Carroll is nothing more than a mediocre coach, just like he was in the NFL.
Precisely. Altho Pete does seem to be able to recruit...albeit in the Pac 10 vacuum. Now that UCLA and Cal are on the upswing, we'll see if his success continues....or if he'll be able to continue using the private plane to swoop in and grab recruits @ the last minute ala Toldeo's Fred Davis last year. :flame:

Just like where UT's coach Brown would be SOL w/o Ank's love interest Greg Robinson... :p

-Kevin

dando
12-06-04, 01:29 PM
CART T, defense wins championships, BTW. Hope yer boyz can keep Petrino. I can't see Ole Miss being much more attractive than being stuck in KY. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-06-04, 01:38 PM
Greg Robinson is my Hero.

Derrick Johnson is a man-child.

Fear Greg Robinson's man-child. Fear.

also, dude, we did have the #1 D in '01 and would've been in the rose had greg davis and simms not choked like wankers

funny, we almost made the rose bowl that year, last year if OU had won out, then SC would've played OU in the sugar and we would've gone to the rose, and this year we're finally going to the rose :D

CART T. Katz
12-06-04, 02:03 PM
CART T, defense wins championships, BTW. Hope yer boyz can keep Petrino. I can't see Ole Miss being much more attractive than being stuck in KY. :p

-Kevin

i know. our d is pretty good too. it just gets overshadowed by the offense. we shut out kentucky (i know, i know) and carolina in chapel hill if it means anything. the last two games we played were virtually shutouts and the only reason the other team scored was because we played or second team.

and louisville is not a part of kentucky, just so you know. ;)

Racing Truth
12-06-04, 02:43 PM

Yep. Congrats Ank and the 'Horns.

Ankf00
12-06-04, 04:10 PM
"Would Bob Stoops (of Oklahoma) or Mack Brown have gone for the score there?" Rodgers asked. "Yes. But coach Tedford is a classy guy."

"I'm a little frustrated, but I'm not surprised," Rodgers said. "Every year, there's a BCS controversy. This just shows it's a flawed system. After the Stanford win, we lost ground in both polls, so I don't know. I knew we had to have a convincing win (over Southern Mississippi), but the place we played and the team we played, and we didn't run the score up ... I guess that's not good enough for the voters."

Rodgers needs to stfu, Mack took a knee in A&M territory and kept playcalling conservative the entire 4th quarter

Michigan and Wisconsin losing the stanford weekend resulted in UT gaining what were previously UM's and UW's votes. He also selectively ignores that cal gained 17 votes during their BYE WEEK when we beat A&M, ya, big east-coast conspiracy :rolleyes:

Ankf00
12-06-04, 04:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1939823

new 5 year deal for Tedford, Cal will be here for a while, hopefully they don't tank like Mike's ducks :p

dando
12-07-04, 12:08 AM
Good news: Tedford gets extension.

Bad news: So will Mack Brown. Shorthorns fans stuck with John Cooperesqe losing streak to arch rival OU.

:p

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-07-04, 12:10 AM
after 20 years of utter suck from '84 to '97, we'll take 10 and 11 win seasons, don't want to turn into nebraska or florida ;)

oh and get this, after years of taking cork's **** about chris simms, mack brown, and the holiday bowl... Mr. Holiday Bowl himself has me blocked from aim, bloody wanker.

I say OGorman be elevated in status and the title of "Wussy" be given to everyone's favorite driver judge seeing as he tucks tail and hides now that his boys are going to San Diego

Have fun at the Holiday Bowl, short round.

The last laugh is soooooo underrated :D

dando
12-07-04, 12:22 AM
after 20 years of utter suck from '84 to '97, we'll take 10 and 11 win seasons, don't want to turn into nebraska or florida ;)

Well, take it from me, and John Cooper...there's something to be said about beating your arch rival once every couple of years. JT's 3 of 4 against Meechigan is more satisfying than Cooper's numerous 10- and 11-win seasons, but 2-10-1 against Meechigan. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-07-04, 01:25 PM
ya but mack's 6-1 v. aggy compared to his 2-5 vs. OU, I can live with the balance, now if he loses to both, he's gone, no question

Ankf00
12-07-04, 08:02 PM
so given the computer polls are what they are, Cal #6 and UT #4, if EVERY voter voted Cal #4 and UT #5, then the BCS would've been a straight tie, so a single #4 vote was all that was ever needed. Thank you Craig James, The Pony Express, now on ABC on saturdays :D

dando
12-07-04, 10:27 PM
so given the computer polls are what they are, Cal #6 and UT #4, if EVERY voter voted Cal #4 and UT #5, then the BCS would've been a straight tie, so a single #4 vote was all that was ever needed. Thank you Craig James, The Pony Express, now on ABC on saturdays :D

Speaking of smoking crack..... :gomer: Using Craig James for confirmation is like using Trev Alberts. Brotha, wake up! You might as well be a Todd Blackedge disciple. ;)

Repeat after me, Ank: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, but I'm still a UT fan. :p

-Kevin

dando
12-07-04, 10:29 PM
ya but mack's 6-1 v. aggy compared to his 2-5 vs. OU, I can live with the balance, now if he loses to both, he's gone, no question
Aggy/OU, Aggy/OU....you sound like Lloyd Carr trying to 'splain why MSU is a bigger rival and Ohiya State. He still doesn't get it.

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-07-04, 11:12 PM
Aggy/OU, Aggy/OU....you sound like Lloyd Carr trying to 'splain why MSU is a bigger rival and Ohiya State. He still doesn't get it.

-Kevin
Aggy's in our fight song, okie isn't :p

and I don't necessarily *like* Craig James, but he voted us 4th, thus he helped us get in, so go Pony Express :p The formulation wasn't done by him, I don't think he's smart enough to handle so many numbers ;)

Ankf00
12-08-04, 01:36 AM
Texas had home/away/home series with Utah in '07,'08,'09... Utah asked to be let out of the contract in the middle of this season, but the games still show up on the schedule, who knows, too bad Utah will suck by then

dando
12-08-04, 08:30 PM
Ank, for all of your shots @ The OSU's academics:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1940651

The schools with the worst graduation rates, both overall and for black players, were Pittsburgh and Texas. Pittsburgh had an overall graduation rate of 31 percent and 20 percent for black players. Texas had an overall graduation rate of 34 percent, 33 percent for its black players.

Texas spokesman Bill Little said the study didn't take into account that many football players left and graduated at other schools after coach Mack Brown took over the program in 1998.

"When you change coaches, there are guys who don't want to play in that system," Little said.

I guess the Rhodes Scholars musta transferred... :p

As Mark Twain once said, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-08-04, 09:41 PM
known that stat for a while, actually, that's better than the last # I saw, then again, we could have mack teach class and up that # too ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/TXUMbbs.jpg

dando
12-08-04, 11:10 PM
we could have mack teach class and up that # too ;)

How to lose against OU? Doesn't he already coach the team to do that? :p

-Kevin

dando
12-08-04, 11:17 PM
For Ank:

Every rose has its thorn

We both lie silently still
In the dead of the night.
Although we both lie close together
We feel miles apart inside
Was it somethin' I said or somethin' I did
Did my words not come out right
Tho' I tried not to hurt you
Tho' I tried
But I guess that's why they say

Chorus:
Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn

Yea it does

I listen to your favorite song
Playin' on the radio
Hear the DJ say love's a game of
Easy come and easy go
But I wonder does he know
Has he ever felt like this
And I know you'd be here right now
If I could have let you know somehow
I guess

Chorus

Though it's been awhile now
I can still feel so much pain
Like a knife that cuts you
The wound heals, but the scar, that scar remains

I know I could have saved our love that night
If I'd known what to say
Instead of makin' love
We both made our separate ways

Now I hear you've found somebody new
And that I never meant that much to you
To hear that tears me up inside
And to see you cuts me like a knife

:gomer:

Ankf00
12-09-04, 01:03 AM
my christmas gift for corkie (sorry travis, he's got 3 year's worth of **** talking come back his way):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/202HOLI.jpg

dm, jb, what are the wagers on this little match? :D