PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas On How To Get Someone's Unlisted Home Phone Number?

Dave99
12-03-04, 11:51 PM
I will start off by stating that there is a woman locally here using my home phone number as part of her personal information.

I get many, many "courtesy" calls for this woman and despite my best efforts to tell them they have a wrong number, the calls continue.

I know her name of course but only recently found out her home address from a conversation with a telemarketer.

The local phone company's Annoyance Calls Dept. rep tells me this woman has never owned that number. Local Sheriffs tell me it is not considered fraud for her to use it on any documentation she fills out.

I have tried online Reverse Directories without success.

I am trying to find out her home phone number only so I can pass it along to anyone calling for her...you know, as a "courtesy" to her. ;)

I could easily confront her at home but I know that would be a dead end.

Please post any ideas or smart-ass remarks below. Any "other" suggestions will be gladly accepted via PM. ;)

Thanks!

racer2c
12-04-04, 12:01 AM
Divorce sucks. :)

Ankf00
12-04-04, 12:08 AM
^^^ :rofl: :rofl:

JLMannin
12-04-04, 12:40 AM
You might want to check your credit report. She may be using more than just your phone number.

You could always look through her trash to find pizza delivery boxes - those may have her phone number on them.

pineapple
12-04-04, 01:01 AM
DMV or real estate records may have a phone # listed.

A woman scorned....

Michaelhatesfans
12-04-04, 01:43 AM
A woman scorned....
Yeah, friends are one thing, but when it's her sister, it really gets ugly. I mean, that's what I've heard, anyway.

pineapple
12-04-04, 01:47 AM
Yeah, friends are one thing, but when it's her sister, it really gets ugly. I mean, that's what I've heard, anyway.

Uh huh. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
12-04-04, 02:22 AM
Dude just admit you started this topic to stalk some girl. :laugh: ;)

Dave99
12-04-04, 02:23 AM
Hmmm, one Google search netted me the husband's name.

A search for both names resulted in a vintage car show they were registered in last summer.

Just so happens I may enter my own car next summer. I wonder if a call to the show's organizers can provide me with a phone number of anyone in my area for a testimonial?

Heh heh heh...

Not that I don't relish looking through garbage. I bet they're shredders anyway.

Winston Wolfe
12-04-04, 02:38 AM
Hmmm, one Google search netted me the husband's name.

A search for both names resulted in a vintage car show they were registered in last summer.

Just so happens I may enter my own car next summer. I wonder if a call to the show's organizers can provide me with a phone number of anyone in my area for a testimonial?

Heh heh heh...

Not that I don't relish looking through garbage. I bet they're shredders anyway.

Dood, "Vintage" car shows do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, include your ultra-mint, low mileage 1978 Gremlin XLT..... HAH ! :D :rofl: :rofl:

Winston Wolfe
12-04-04, 02:40 AM
I will start off by stating that there is a woman locally here using my home phone number as part of her personal information.

I get many, many "courtesy" calls for this woman and despite my best efforts to tell them they have a wrong number, the calls continue.

I know her name of course but only recently found out her home address from a conversation with a telemarketer.

The local phone company's Annoyance Calls Dept. rep tells me this woman has never owned that number. Local Sheriffs tell me it is not considered fraud for her to use it on any documentation she fills out.

I am trying to find out her home phone number only so I can pass it along to anyone calling for her...you know, as a "courtesy" to her. ;)

Please post any ideas or smart-ass remarks below. Any "other" suggestions will be gladly accepted via PM. ;)

Thanks!

Maybe you should have removed that "temporary" ladder you had hidden in the bushes under the bedroom window.... that's always a dead giveway for a stalker.... or at least 'that's what I've heard'....

EDwardo
12-04-04, 12:04 PM
Change your number!

Dave99
12-04-04, 04:45 PM
Maybe you should have removed that "temporary" ladder you had hidden in the bushes under the bedroom window.... that's always a dead giveway for a stalker.... or at least 'that's what I've heard'....
Good idea. I gotta get me one of them Jon Belushi "Bluto" deluxe models.

Dood, "Vintage" car shows do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, include your ultra-mint, low mileage 1978 Gremlin XLT..... HAH ! :D :rofl: :rofl:
Since when??? It's got Cragar wheels, Glass Packs and a rally stripe on the hood!!

Change your number!
Nah. It's a relatively new number and only a handful of people know it. I don't even get telemarketer calls for myself (esp after registering on the National Do Not Call List). This lady is the only glitch in the system.

Jag_Warrior
12-05-04, 12:15 AM
So... when are you going to tell us why she's doing this? ;)

CARTNUT
12-05-04, 02:06 AM
Please post any ideas or smart-ass remarks below.

Was that directed at me???? :saywhat:

So. now if this number is relatively new to you, could it be that this is her old number?

Check this out: A couple months ago when I went up to Mojave to see the SpaceShipOne flight, I took Mrs. NUT's cell phone to call home and let her know when I got there safely, as I was traveling in the middle of the night. Well it just so happens that our area code in the IE had just changed, and now my home# is in (951), but the cell# is still (909) because of where I bought the piece of crap (for the wife.) But, for some reason, I kept entering my mom's area code, (562), thinking that was my new area code. Well this very nice lady in Cerritos, with MY HOME PHONE NUMBER answers at 3:00am! The first thought that crossed my mind was that Mrs. NUT was having a lesbian affair. (No such luck.) I called back again and she answered again. And again I apologized. About 7:00am, I tried again and the nice lady told me what my new area code was and that she was happy to hear that I got there safely! :o

That's part of the reason I do not own a cell phone!

Dave, I'll bet it's the same lady!

Or maybe it's just an area code mix-up?!?!?!

'NUT :gomer:

theunions
12-05-04, 02:16 AM
So. now if this number is relatively new to you, could it be that this is her old number?

He already said "this woman has never owned that number."

Winston Wolfe
12-05-04, 02:19 AM
Was that directed at me???? :saywhat:

Check this out: A couple months ago when I went up to Mojave to see the SpaceShipOne flight, I took Mrs. NUT's cell phone to call home and let her know when I got there safely, as I was traveling in the middle of the night. Well it just so happens that our area code in the IE had just changed, and now my home# is in (951), but the cell# is still (909) because of where I bought the piece of crap (for the wife.) But, for some reason, I kept entering my mom's area code, (562), thinking that was my new area code. Well this very nice lady in Cerritos, with MY HOME PHONE NUMBER answers at 3:00am! The first thought that crossed my mind was that Mrs. NUT was having a lesbian affair. (No such luck.) I called back again and she answered again. And again I apologized. About 7:00am, I tried again and the nice lady told me what my new area code was and that she was happy to hear that I got there safely! :o

That's part of the reason I do not own a cell phone!

Dave, I'll bet it's the same lady!

Or maybe it's just an area code mix-up?!?!?!

'NUT :gomer:

larry - DOOD.... I am laughing my *** off, with the part about you wishing that Mrs.'NUT was having a lesbian affair (No such luck).... :thumbup:

trish
12-05-04, 02:38 AM

Thanks!
Whatever they are selling just say ok, and give them her address.

JoeBob
12-05-04, 02:20 PM
If you do want to check your credit report, the FTC is now making them available for free to all Americans (you're allowed one per year - and they're rolling it out region by region - The western US can now use the site)

https://www.annualcreditreport.com

fourrunner
12-05-04, 07:31 PM
I'd just start charging $10.00 per minute to talk to me !! ;)

Well Dave might only get $5.00 per minute, but give it a try anyway! ;);)

Car-B-Q
12-06-04, 12:23 AM
Whatever they are selling just say ok, and give them her address.Why not be generous and buy 2....COD of course!

Fitti Fan
12-06-04, 06:52 PM
First stalking outside of the porta potties, now this......... :shakehead