PDA

View Full Version : San Jose GP Tickets

donasay
12-03-04, 05:54 PM
Has anybody out there tried to purchase tickets for the San Jose Grand Prix?

Apparently the only way to get tix is thru Ticketmaster. I was trying to order 5 "Silver Package" tickets. The tickets go for $125.00 each. Ticketmaster adds three different surcharges to your tickets: First - $6.00 per ticket for "Building Facility Charge"; Second - $12.75 per ticket for "Convenience" Charge.; Third - $4.05 per Order for "Order Processing Charge". I can see assessing an Order Processing Charge but the other two "fees" are on a per ticket basis. Does Champ Car see this as a way to get more "butts in the seats?" As I mentioned, I WAS trying to purchase tickets but navigating thru the Ticketmaster Order Processing windows is incredible. The "system" doesn't seem to know it's a race. When you click on "seating" you get a nice seating chart of the HP Pavillion and you get your choice of events including Concerts, Wrestling, Basketball...... I then quit the online attempt and tried the "old fashioned way" - a phone call. Speaking to Ticketmaster representatives was even more difficult. The folks I talked with had no idea of a race in San Jose....

I may try again, or I may just say "SCROOM"......

Don Asay
Mission Viejo, CA

Wabbit
12-03-04, 06:02 PM
Welcome to Ticketmaster. Best of all, if for some reason it's cancelled, none of the "fees" are refundable.

Steve99
12-06-04, 08:21 PM
I really hate Ticketmaster. Their fees are always over-the-top. This goes in the "Con" column as to whether I decide to go to this race or not.

Dave99
12-06-04, 08:34 PM
They are called TicketBastard for a reason. :shakehead

pchall
12-06-04, 08:49 PM
Stop complaining here and send your e-mails to Kalkhoven via the Champcar site.

dando
12-06-04, 11:36 PM
I can almost hear Pearl Jam while reading these posts... ;)

-Kevin

chop456
12-06-04, 11:49 PM
Ticketmaster performs a service for a fee. You can use them or you can ease on down to the San Jose Grand Prix box office. No ticket office? That's the organizer's fault. Sucks.

Methanolandbrats
12-07-04, 12:27 AM
Hell, why don't you guys use your heads. This "Grand Pricks" is in SoCal. Why not just wait for a little rain and then head for the nearest on ramp and watch cars run into concrete traffic barriers. Same thing as the SJGP and it's free.

Sean O'Gorman
12-07-04, 12:45 AM
Hell, why don't you guys use your heads. This "Grand Pricks" is in SoCal. Why not just wait for a little rain and then head for the nearest on ramp and watch cars run into concrete traffic barriers. Same thing as the SJGP and it's free.

^^^ What he said.

Not being able to get tickets for this crap race is going to be a blessing in disguise. Save up the money and go fly to Portland or Cleveland instead.

Dr. Corkski
12-08-04, 10:55 PM
^^^ What he said.

Not being able to get tickets for this crap race is going to be a blessing in disguise. Save up the money and go fly to Portland or Cleveland instead.Took the words right out of my mouth. :thumbup: