PDA

View Full Version : BARRY BONDS

Wheel-Nut
12-03-04, 12:37 PM
I didn't know they were steroids but I really liked what they were doing to my body!!

spinner26
12-03-04, 01:16 PM
Does playing stupid really pass now a days for multi millionaires? I mean when does accountability come into play with professional athletes? A professional businessperson commits the same crime in their respective industry and is put in front of the whole world to be charged, prosecuted, convicted and sent to jail and then pay restitution. Professional athletes have ZERO accountability and commit the same acts over and over and over!!!!!!!!!!!! When will we, the paying public get a grip and say enough is enough already? We pay the salaries by watching t.v., buying tickets, buying merchandise and so on. We are all a part of the problem. HOW DO WE FIX IT??????? :flame: :flame:

Michaelhatesfans
12-03-04, 01:47 PM
When will we, the paying public get a grip and say enough is enough already? We pay the salaries by watching t.v., buying tickets, buying merchandise and so on. We are all a part of the problem. HOW DO WE FIX IT??????? :flame: :flame:
Hey, I'm doing my part - I haven't watched baseball for fifteen years. :cool:

oddlycalm
12-03-04, 02:40 PM
When will we, the paying public get a grip and say enough is enough already? Like MHF, I quit watching a very long time ago. I have no interest in watching people that I wouldn't speak to on the street. I can't tell you for certain that Reggie Jackson never once used drugs, but I can tell you that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in public with him and he can carry on an actual conversation. Ask yourself if you can say the same about the legions of plate heads and creeps that populate "professional" stick and ball sports today. What's the revelation de jour for a multi-millionaire athlete going to be tomorrow, rape, assault, under age girls, crashing their $200,000 car that they don't know how to drive or animal abuse and dog fighting....? :shakehead

oc

Ankf00
12-03-04, 03:37 PM
Like MHF, I quit watching a very long time ago. I have no interest in watching people that I wouldn't speak to on the street. I can't tell you for certain that Reggie Jackson never once used drugs, but I can tell you that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in public with him and he can carry on an actual conversation. Ask yourself if you can say the same about the legions of plate heads and creeps that populate "professional" stick and ball sports today. What's the revelation de jour for a multi-millionaire athlete going to be tomorrow, rape, assault, under age girls, crashing their $200,000 car that they don't know how to drive or animal abuse and dog fighting....? :shakehead

oc
R Kelley's already got the under-age thing in his resume, and dany heatly already took care of the smashing the 200K car, so you can check those off your list :D

Tifosi24
12-03-04, 06:26 PM
dany heatly already took care of the smashing the 200K car, so you can check those off your list

You left out the killing his teammate part as well.

Dave99
12-03-04, 09:15 PM
I didn't know they were steroids but I really liked what they were doing to my body!!
Relax. It was only a topical cream. For arthritis. ;)

"A balm? What balm? Who-told-you-to-put-the-balm-on?" - Jackie Chiles

Ankf00
12-03-04, 09:39 PM
You left out the killing his teammate part as well.
and the part where the atlanta D.A. is saying "he's already suffered enough" :rolleyes:

DaveL
12-03-04, 11:34 PM
Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs without the use of any drug. And he did in era when pitching was far superior than what it is today. Until someone comes along and hits 756 drug free home runs, The Hammer will always be the Home Run King to me.

spinner26
12-04-04, 09:55 AM
and the part where the atlanta D.A. is saying "he's already suffered enough" :rolleyes:

That was only because the dead kids family requested that he not be charged. They wanted him back on the ice a.s.a.p as a way to recover if you can imagine that. :shakehead

chop456
12-04-04, 11:39 AM
What's the revelation de jour for a multi-millionaire athlete going to be tomorrow, rape, assault, under age girls, crashing their $200,000 car that they don't know how to drive...

Rape - Mike Tyson
Assault - Indiana Pacers, Mike Tyson
Underage Girls - Mark Chmura
Crashing - Danny Heatley, What's his face from the Charlotte Hornets, Jay Williams, Pelle Lindbergh, etc.
Drugs - LaMar Hoyt, Steve Howe, Dwight Gooden, Dexter Manley, Leon Lett, Daryl Strawberry, etc...ad nauseum
Murder Conspiracy - Rae Carruth, Ray Lewis*
Gambling - Pete Rose, Art Schliester

*Innocent, naturally. ;)

Ask Jeff Kent what a great guy Barry Bonds is.

FBB

spinner26
12-04-04, 12:27 PM
And NOW the commissioner wants to speak to Giambi! He openly admitted in court that he used but "THOUGHT" he was under protection.

I suppose Selig will slap him on the hand and say now you bad boy you knew we had this covered to protect arguably one of the best players of the game and you went and broke the silence, how dare you!

pineapple
12-04-04, 03:54 PM
Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs without the use of any drug. And he did in era when pitching was far superior than what it is today. Until someone comes along and hits 756 drug free home runs, The Hammer will always be the Home Run King to me.

:thumbup: Bonds may one day surpass the 755 mark in homeruns, but he won't accomplish it with the pure athleticism, style, and grace under tremendous pressure that Aaron did. The current players aren't even in the same league as Hammerin' Hank, and asterisks should be placed next to all of their names to note the dubiousness of any of their achievements.

Dave99
12-04-04, 04:35 PM
Aaron will always be #1 in my book as well.

One more thing to add about Henry Aaron... his career was during a time when black athletes were not considered equal. He also recieved death threats when closing in on Ruth's 714 mark. If Bonds recieves any death threats it's not because he's African American or breaking any records. It's because he's a Class A jerk.

theunions
12-05-04, 04:02 PM
Hey, I'm doing my part - I haven't watched baseball for fifteen years. :cool:

And I don't watch ANY stick and ball games or spend any money on them, at any level.

oddlycalm
12-05-04, 04:32 PM
Rape - Mike Tyson
Crashing - Danny Heatley, What's his face from the Charlotte Hornets, Jay Williams, Pelle Lindbergh, etc.
Drugs - LaMar Hoyt, Steve Howe, Dwight Gooden, Dexter Manley, Leon Lett, Daryl Strawberry, etc...ad nauseum
Gambling - Pete Rose, Art Schliester And that's just off the top of your head. The irony is that I have trouble keeping track of all the felonies members of our local round ball team were involved in during a single season. Ask yourself if your employer would keep you on the payroll after your first drug bust, let alone your third in the same year. :laugh:

oc

Sean O'Gorman
12-05-04, 05:47 PM
What's his face from the Charlotte Hornets

Bobby Phills. When he played for the Cavs he left his 911 where I work. Of course I wasn't working at the time, but they said he wouldn't let anyone park it because he was afraid they'd abuse it. :rolleyes:

http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/sr000116.htm

Winston Wolfe
12-05-04, 09:18 PM
Rape - Mike Tyson

*Innocent, naturally. ;)

Ask Jeff Kent what a great guy Barry Bonds is.

FBB

Murder - you forgot Orenthal.....

-ooops, my bad.... that's right, he was found INNOCENT in the criminal trial for butchering two people..... but somehow, he was found guilty in the civil trial..... another "role model" bites the dust..... :rolleyes:

Ankf00
12-05-04, 09:31 PM
giambi's been a recluse in the yankees clubhouse for the better part of the year, and that pituitary gland cancer may be the side effects of everything, his yanks career's probably over, he always complained of being "tired" this season, wasn't used at all in the postseason

RTKar
12-05-04, 09:34 PM

:thumbup: Real baseball stopped with the advent of free agency,expansion, astro turf, and steroids.

dando
12-05-04, 10:06 PM
Bobby Phills. When he played for the Cavs he left his 911 where I work. Of course I wasn't working at the time, but they said he wouldn't let anyone park it because he was afraid they'd abuse it. :rolleyes:

He must have watched Ferris Bueller. :gomer:

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
12-06-04, 01:21 PM
Hank broke the HR record because of some incredible longevity and remarkable consistancy.

Aaron first hit 40+ homers in 1957 at 23, averaged more than 30 a year for the next 17 seasons and had his last 40-homer season in 1973 with 40. As previous posts stated, he faced better pitching with the likes of Bob Gibson, Juan Marichal, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, etc., but what they didn't point out was the pitching mound (from 1962 to 1968) was raised several inches and the strike zone larger, which makes his achievement all the more remarkable.

Bonds on the other hand didn't reach the 30 homerun plateau until he was 25 (1990) and didn't get to 40+ until three years later (46). Since 1996, he hasn't hit below 34 homers.

My question is when did Bonds allegedly start juicing up?

KaBoom21
12-08-04, 01:15 PM
Rape - Mike Tyson
FBB

Let's not forget Green Bay Packer Najee Davenport, the Mad Crapper. :rofl:

rabbit
12-08-04, 01:27 PM
Why is no one talking about the fact that confidential grand jury testimony has been leaked? Whoever leaked the testimony also deserves punishment.

/not defending Bonds, Giambi & Co.

oddlycalm
12-09-04, 05:11 AM
Ironically, the long term users of steroids will be punished severely for their trouble by none other than the steroids they took. Large men and bones that are brittle and crumble like sawdust (can you say Bo Jackson), spinal compression fractures, severe psychological episodes, impotence, liver damage, cardiovascular disease, and Gynecomastia which is the formation of enlarged breasts on men.... fun stuff. Wait until they start getting a lot shorter over just a few years due to the bone deficiencies. Where will the television coverage be on the back end when these guys will be paying a heavy price so that kids that are tempted can see what the end game looks like...?

The only reason to take steroids, ever, is if they are the only thing that will keep you alive, which they are for some pulmonary patients in particular.

oc