PDA

View Full Version : college hoops

G.
12-02-04, 06:21 PM
Anybody else see my Fighting Illini totally stomp on number one ranked Wake Forest last night? :thumbup:

Hope they don't peak too soon!

Final Four(tm), baby!

IlliniRacer
12-02-04, 06:29 PM
Anybody else see my Fighting Illini totally stomp on number one ranked Wake Forest last night? :thumbup:

Hope they don't peak too soon!

Final Four(tm), baby!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOSKEE WOW WOW
ILLINOIS
OUR EYES ARE ALL ON YOU
OSKEE WOW WOW
ILLINOIS
WAVE YOUR ORANGE AND YOUR BLUE
RAH! RAH! RAH!
SO WHEN THE TEAM TROTS OUT BEFORE YOU,
EVERY MAN STAND UP AND YELL
BACK THE TEAM TO GAIN ANOTHER VIC-TOR-RY

OSKEE WOW WOW ILLINOIS!

Sean O'Gorman
12-02-04, 06:57 PM
Two games into the season and Cleveland State is already 2 wins away from matching last year's total. :laugh:

They sure showed Hillsdale and, uh Norfolk State who's boss, and hopefully tonight they'll crush Clarion! :saywhat:

Don Quixote
12-02-04, 06:58 PM
Winning such a big game so early in the season in such convincing fashion is akin to a premature ejaculation (not that I'm an expert or anything). :p

dando
12-02-04, 07:40 PM
Good win for the ILLini. They managed to salvage some respect for the Big 10 (a very weak Big 10 yet again). However, Wake proved it is not the #1 team. They should have lost to 'zona Friday night, but the Cats choked. IMHO, Jayhawks or Jackets are the best @ this point.

-Kevin

Chitowncartfreak
12-02-04, 07:47 PM
Two words - GO HAWKS!!!

Methanolandbrats
12-02-04, 11:03 PM
You will all be seriously schooled this year.............

http://www.uwbadgers.com/photos/sport/gs/badger_bucky_gs_01_02af.jpg

dando
12-02-04, 11:16 PM
M&B, I'm thinking something along the lines of the foosball Badgers: end of season choke. :p

-Kevin

bdogg187
12-02-04, 11:18 PM
Uggh last night sucked. I expected a loss, playing on the road against such a good team is very hard, but one that bad is embarassing. Anyway, the pressure is off our guys, now they can concentrate playing basketball. Chris Paul hasnt been playing as well as he did last year and hopefully he will find his game. It sure as heck isnt over for us! Its going to be a nasty and ugly fight to the finish in the ACC this year, and all the ACC teams are going to be better because of it. Let the Illini grow soft playing their weak opponents in the Big 10. March is a long way away! :D

Ankf00
12-02-04, 11:31 PM
Uggh last night sucked. I expected a loss, playing on the road against such a good team is very hard, but one that bad is embarassing. Anyway, the pressure is off our guys, now they can concentrate playing basketball. Chris Paul hasnt been playing as well as he did last year and hopefully he will find his game. It sure as heck isnt over for us! Its going to be a nasty and ugly fight to the finish in the ACC this year, and all the ACC teams are going to be better because of it. Let the Illini grow soft playing their weak opponents in the Big 10. March is a long way away! :D
way to give up #1 to the big 10 fool, now my burnt orange have to come to your house to play some non #1 ranked team :p

CART T. Katz
12-03-04, 01:37 AM
http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif

two words:
FRANSISCO GARCIA

Jervis Tetch 1
12-03-04, 11:58 AM
http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif

two words:
FRANSISCO GARCIA

Two words: IOWA HAWKEYES

Ankf00
12-03-04, 12:08 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/7949981

the NCAA just needs to stfu, how the hell do they have control over what a kid does at age 16? This court case will ruin the NCAA's ability to limit ppl, I can't wait.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/7939083
my favorite quote from this article...

"NCAA: "We have travel records for Michael Williams to Boston."

Williams: "Ma'am, I've never been to Boston."

NCAA: "Well, Michael, we have these records, and they say you've been to Boston."

NCAA: "We also have records where you stayed at Embassy Suites in Boston."

Maybe the NCAA should check out Buffalo, I hear Texas paid for Mike Williams to play right tackle for the bills, UT also paid for Mike to play WR for the Trojans last year, they should check into that too, you know, to do a thorough job and all, then they should start investigating Roy Williams' strange trips to/from Norman, OK the past 6 years, to/from Dallas the past 2 years, and to/from Chapel Hill and Lawrence, KS, Roy Williams is leading a triple identity life :rolleyes:

Tim
12-03-04, 02:15 PM
You will all be seriously schooled this year.............

http://www.uwbadgers.com/photos/sport/gs/badger_bucky_gs_01_02af.jpg

Wisconsin will be hurt by there lack of a good point guard. Taylor is impatient. Chambliss has never played it before and Michael Flowers has some learning to do. Look out in future seasons for the guy though. The whole Flowers family schooled me and my friends on the court since 5th grade.

Sean O'Gorman
12-03-04, 02:27 PM
The whole Flowers family schooled me and my friends on the court since 5th grade.

There you have it folks. Michael Flowers is a star basketball player because he beat Rahalnut in a pickup game when he was 11. Damn, you are more of an expert than Cork! ;)

G.
12-03-04, 02:29 PM
The only thing that will stop the Illini is themselves. I do believe that will probably happen. :shakehead Cocky SOB's.

Why don't they just pay the damn players? Student-athletes my ass. They're entertainers.

Give them all (star to bench-warmer) $40k/year. May keep some of 'em out of trouble. Course, then they (the school) will need MAJOR insurance in case the next MJ blows out his knee while under their employment...

Tim
12-03-04, 02:41 PM
There you have it folks. Michael Flowers is a star basketball player because he beat Rahalnut in a pickup game when he was 11. Damn, you are more of an expert than Cork! ;)

Those guys are insane man. There are 5 brothers and only one didn't go on to play some sort of college b-ball. I bet my old principal was begging the mom to have more kids. :D

CART T. Katz
12-03-04, 03:07 PM
Two words: IOWA HAWKEYES

true

you will not find me anywhere on any forums that i participate in saying that louisville is better than iowa right now. possibly later on in the season but certainly not now.

however some of our fans think otherwise...

IlliniRacer
12-03-04, 03:19 PM
The only thing that will stop the Illini is themselves. I do believe that will probably happen. :shakehead Cocky SOB's.

Cocky? :confused:

I think they play some of the most unselfish "team" basketball than any team I've ever seen. I worked directly with the 88-89 Flyin' Illini and honestly think that this year's team is all-around better. Not as flashy or athletic, but much better defensively and better shooters. Also, any team that doesn't have Marcus Liberty is better. ;)

Jervis Tetch 1
12-03-04, 03:47 PM
true

you will not find me anywhere on any forums that i participate in saying that louisville is better than iowa right now. possibly later on in the season but certainly not now.

however some of our fans think otherwise...
If they meet again somewhere down the road Iowa had really better be prepared. Beating Louisville twice in a season is going to be extremely hard.

G.
12-03-04, 04:43 PM
Cocky? :confused:

I think they play some of the most unselfish "team" basketball than any team I've ever seen. True dat. I worked directly with the 88-89 Flyin' Illini and honestly think that this year's team is all-around better. Not as flashy or athletic, but much better defensively and better shooters. Also, any team that doesn't have Marcus Liberty is better. ;)By cocky, I'm talking about Final Four (tm) talk in the preseason, with the attitude that it's a given. Talk about draft picks before the Big Ten play starts.

I'm a Cubs fan, ok? I expect something good to self-destruct. :gomer:

But I do stand by my statement, "The only thing that will stop the Illini is themselves." They control their season. They ARE that good. :thumbup: