PDA

View Full Version : Zanardi on "Late Night with David Letterman" ;)

CARTNUT
11-30-04, 01:48 AM
From the Late Show Newsletter:

Friday, December 3rd
Formula One Champ :shakehead , Alex Zanardi

What's up with that? :flame:
C'mon Dave, Get It Together! Ya better start reading his book.
That's Two Time CART Champ, Alex Zanardi!

pchall
11-30-04, 11:16 AM
From the Late Show Newsletter:

Friday, December 3rd
Formula One Champ :shakehead , Alex Zanardi

What's up with that? :flame:
C'mon Dave, Get It Together! Ya better start reading his book.
That's Two Time CART Champ, Alex Zanardi!

Once Letterman gets his lugnuts tightened that ought to be an amazing appearance.

Ziggy
11-30-04, 12:33 PM
Dave's no dummy. He's one of "them" now.

That's Kool-Aid in his cup ya know

Lola_B70
11-30-04, 02:00 PM
While we're are the topic of mistitled champions...
Speedvision, yesterday on the Sunday speed news....lol....interviewed Tony Kanaan and beneath his name it read, "Champ Car Champion 2004"!
I laughed my head off. He wishes.
Sebass was labeled properly.

TravelGal
11-30-04, 04:36 PM
While we're are the topic of mistitled champions...
Speedvision, yesterday on the Sunday speed news....lol....interviewed Tony Kanaan and beneath his name it read, "Champ Car Champion 2004"!
I laughed my head off. He wishes.
Sebass was labeled properly.

WHAT A HOOT! I'm going to laugh all day about that one.

As to Zanardi, he was in Formula 1 and since that's the name familiar to the great unwashed, that's what they used in the advertising blurb. Probably some copy editor thought the word "Car" was redundant (see unwashed allusion above). Hence the lack of Forumula 1/Champ Car. :shakehead

I think we can assume Alex will straighten THAT out. :laugh:

Ziggy
11-30-04, 05:02 PM
I think we can assume Alex will straighten THAT out

Let's hope so, but I doubt it. I would not be surprised at this time to hear of him doing a one off at the Indy 500.

Im serious

RaceGrrl
11-30-04, 05:16 PM
I'm with you on this one, Ziggy.

racer2c
11-30-04, 05:25 PM
I think we can assume Alex will straighten THAT out

Let's hope so, but I doubt it. I would not be surprised at this time to hear of him doing a one off at the Indy 500.

Im serious

In his Dispain interview he mentioned an Indy one off and he referred to Champ Cars as IndyCars more than once. Keep in mind when Alex left though, the IRL was as significant as a flea. Cheap went to the IRL. His good buddy Kanaan went to the IRL. AS much as I love ol' Alex, I don't think he's going to mount the podium and preach about Champ Car.

indyfan31
12-04-04, 04:28 AM
I'm listening to Alex describe his accident, and I'm seeing the images in my head, and in spite of the lightheartedness in his attitude I'm still getting a lump in my throat. My God that's difficult to listen to.

indyfan31
12-04-04, 04:50 AM
Well, that was a pretty good show. Alex has a charm that makes him very likeable, and Dave knows enough to let certain guests talk with little interruption.

On that note, has anybody else noticed over the years that Dave has a handfull of guests that he really REALLY likes, Bonnie Hunt is one of those ... and I have to agree. :D

theunions
12-04-04, 06:10 AM
In his Dispain interview he mentioned an Indy one off and he referred to Champ Cars as IndyCars more than once. Keep in mind when Alex left though, the IRL was as significant as a flea. Cheap went to the IRL. His good buddy Kanaan went to the IRL. AS much as I love ol' Alex, I don't think he's going to mount the podium and preach about Champ Car.

From the end of his ChampCar teleconference on Dec. 2:

ALEX ZANARDI: If I may just say the final thing, to whoever is
listening at the beginning of this teleconference. I made a little bit
of fun saying Indy Car, Champ Cars. I do absolutely not mean to not pay
respect to these guys that are racing and what is the series that threw
me up in the success world. I had the opportunity to meet these last
two days with my dear friend, Jimmy Vasser, which is a co-owner in the
series. And I do believe that you can change the name, you can change
everything you want, but as a result, you've got a great competition.
And I'm really glad, you know, Champ Car has been able to go through a
difficult moment, this is undoubtable that it's been a very, very
difficult moment. But the decisions that have been taken recently I do
believe are very wise ones, very good ones. So I wish Champ Car all the
best, because it is really a fantastic series and very, very valuable
for the fans. So with that, you know, thank you again and last words,
just to say happy holidays to everybody, Merry Christmas and very
successful new year. Thank you.

Beevis
12-04-04, 11:22 AM
AS much as I love ol' Alex, I don't think he's going to mount the podium and preach about Champ Car.Of course he wasn't going to do that. He's in the U.S. pimping his book, not the shadow of the series he once raced in.

nrc
12-04-04, 11:26 AM

Glad to see that. Looks like Chimmee may have had a heart to heart with Alex about his prior comments.

racer2c
12-04-04, 11:52 AM

:thumbup:

racer2c
12-04-04, 11:53 AM
Of course he wasn't going to do that. He's in the U.S. pimping his book, not the shadow of the series he once raced in.
:shakehead

Forza Lancia
12-04-04, 12:00 PM
Well, that was a pretty good show. Alex has a charm that makes him very likeable, and Dave knows enough to let certain guests talk with little interruption.

On that note, has anybody else noticed over the years that Dave has a handfull of guests that he really REALLY likes, Bonnie Hunt is one of those ... and I have to agree. :D

It was great to see Alex looking and sounding healthy and happy. And Bonnie Hunt seemed to have been genuinely impressed by his attitude toward his ordeal. But maybe Alex could dispense with the leg tricks next time... :eek:

JoeBob
12-04-04, 07:22 PM
The interview gave me shivers.

I'll never forget the sinking feeling I saw the first time ESPNNews showed his crash. (Remember, the race was shown on tape delay, it was not shown live in the US) There's no way you could have convinced me then that a few short years later I'd be laughing as Alex suggested they use his legs to play "Will It Float?".

Alex is a true inspiration.

theunions
12-04-04, 08:04 PM
Someone here please tell me they Tivo'ed it or something...I got an important 1 hour long distance call from one of our own right when the time slot started, and not only did I completely forget to watch, I didn't even remember to switch channels from Leno. :(

TravelGal
12-05-04, 01:50 AM
Someone here please tell me they Tivo'ed it or something :(

I don't have nearly as good an excuse. The VCR cut off about half way through. Any links? Anyone?????

Clown
12-05-04, 07:36 AM
FDL :gomer:

audi quattro
12-05-04, 02:54 PM
Maybe Cam can help out here???
Cammmmmmmmm??????????????

pinniped
12-05-04, 07:41 PM
Of course he wasn't going to do that. He's in the U.S. pimping his book, not the shadow of the series he once raced in.

Don't let the door hit you in the ASS!

indyfan31
12-05-04, 08:50 PM
Someone here please tell me they Tivo'ed it or something...I got an important 1 hour long distance call from one of our own right when the time slot started, and not only did I completely forget to watch, I didn't even remember to switch channels from Leno. :(

Try this: Zanardi segment (rtsp://boonta.binarysunset.com/boonta.binarysunset.com/zanardi_letterman-20041203.mov)