PDA

View Full Version : School Taxes and the BS they spend it on....

Turn7
11-29-04, 07:13 PM
I wonder why my district is having a bond election asking for an additional 713 million for much needed things.

This is what they are busy doing with my money they already have.

http://www.pbkarchitects.com/Projects/assets/Ath/Berry1.jpg

Every HS basketball player needs to feel like an NBA star. :eek:

Is this normal across this land and I am stuck in the past?

This is the link to a construction companies website that showcases the facility.
http://www.pbkarchitects.com/Projects/Ath/berry.htm

The district website hides it as the Berry Educational Support Center. A 9500 seat basketball arena and an 11000 seat football stadium with 4000 parking spaces is an Educational Support Center.

Lord only knows what they will do with 3/4 of a Billion $ if they manage to get this bond passed. :rolleyes:

And my daughter still doesn't have a math book going on 4 months into the school year. WTF!!!!!!

Ankf00
11-29-04, 09:13 PM
DAMN, CY FAIR IS BLINGING! :eek:

you guys had some nice ass track facilities back when I was in 9th grade, but the gym was bleh, that new setup looks ridiculous

if you want to check out the definition of bling, all 3 Plano senior high schools, they all have their own FOOTBALL PRACTICE BUBBLES!!!! It cost UT over 2 mil to build theirs, yet each of the plano football factories has one.

Clear Creek district goes ghetto with the football stadium, the same old aluminum bleacher set up, all 3 HS play at Clear Creek district stadium... but we did just pass a massive bond, all the elementary and middle schools have crossing guards at all major intersections near the schools now, a couple of needed new schools were built, but I think the gyms are now completely revamped, not quite your University of Kansas Naismith Center though :gomer: but I bet our english dept still doesn't have enough books for all of their required reading :rolleyes:

also, dude, are those wannabe "skyboxes" over the top of the bleachers :eek:

just found out, the ISD Clements is in has a "district" stadium that's supposed to be pretty nice

Michaelhatesfans
11-30-04, 12:36 AM
One of my professors in college once related a story that always stuck with me. He was on a budget committee for a local high school. He said that one night they spent an hour and a half bickering over paper vs. styrofoam cups for the teacher's lounge, and how much they should spend on them. At the next meeting, it was announced that the much needed renovations to the gym were quoted at $50,000 (this was fifteen years ago). Everyone shrugged their shoulders and voted yes without a word of debate.

I have a feeling that his story wasn't unique.

bdogg187
11-30-04, 01:04 AM
People want to increase education funding, for what? So every school can have a stadium like that! Maybe money just needs to be better spent.

The Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum only has 14,500 seats, where Wake Forest has its basketball games (Currently the #1 NCAA B-ball team in the Nation :D ), and this high school stadium 9500 seats!

CARTNUT
11-30-04, 02:05 AM
They don't teach "common sense" in college.

chop456
11-30-04, 05:01 AM
"Staff Development Center - This portion of the project includes new offices for the district’s staff development staff, "

I wonder if it will also house the Department of Redundancy Department. :laugh:

I assume that since making an expenditure like this is feasible, all the kids are getting 1600's on their SAT's? :shakehead