PDA

View Full Version : Atlantics pilot Tonis Kasemets to test Coynemobile

FCYTravis
11-25-04, 07:22 PM
Indianapolis IN – Mundelein IL USA

TONIS KASEMETS to TEST in Dale Coyne CHAMP CAR

Team Tonis is in full preparation for the entire Toyota Atlantic Championship Season in 2005. While we continue to complete finances, Tonis is taking a short time-out December 14th and 15th to strap into his “hopes for the future” and take a 2-day Champ Car ride at Sebring.

Having climbed through the ranks of SCCA of Formula Continental to Pro Zetec to Pro Atlantic (last season), this is “now a chance to taste a Champ Car”. Tonis also adds: “We’d like to thank Dale Coyne for choosing Toyota Atlantic drivers to test. We appreciate the fact that Dale still believes the Road to Champ Car is through Toyota Atlantics. I’m looking at moving up to the next level soon, therefore this is a good opportunity to ‘feel’ it now. Personal thanks to Dale for believing in the talent coming up through the Atlantic ranks.”

For more information about Tonis, contacts and more: www.toniskasemets.com

Hope to see you Tuesday and Wednesday - December 14th and 15th at Sebring !!
For more information about Dale Coyne: www.dalecoyneracing.com

Sincerely,
Team Tonis / Jill Savage

Tonis is a hell of a shoe... hope this works out for him! :cool:

Jervis Tetch 1
11-25-04, 11:28 PM
He is, but I wonder how many "coynes" it will take to secure a ride.

Fio1
11-26-04, 01:52 AM
I remeber him in 1994 at Magny Cours. He was racing Formula Opel Lotus. All the teams had engineers, 5-6 mechanics per car, and a big transporters. Tonis showed up in a motorhome with the racecar on an open trailer and virtually no crew. His team wasn't even parked in the paddock with the rest, it was parked outside the paddock where teams had their motorhomes, I guess because no one was allowed to sleep in the paddock. Comedy as it seemed at the time, I think he did fairly well considering how small his operation was. The guy has heart, and he could step on the gas, I think he'll do quite decent in a Champcar.

TravelGal
11-27-04, 08:45 PM
I remeber him in 1994 at Magny Cours. He was racing Formula Opel Lotus. All the teams had engineers, 5-6 mechanics per car, and a big transporters. Tonis showed up in a motorhome with the racecar on an open trailer and virtually no crew. His team wasn't even parked in the paddock with the rest, it was parked outside the paddock where teams had their motorhomes, I guess because no one was allowed to sleep in the paddock. Comedy as it seemed at the time, I think he did fairly well considering how small his operation was. The guy has heart, and he could step on the gas, I think he'll do quite decent in a Champcar.

Great story, Fio1. I like the guy already. Anyone reading Zanardi's book? ;)

Sean O'Gorman
11-27-04, 09:42 PM
I for one would love to see Tonis get a ride. I've seen him race F2000, FC, etc. at Mid-Ohio and Cleveland enough times that he seems more like a homegrown talent than an Estonian driver to me. He is quite the hard charger too, his Road America run this year was very impressive. :thumbup: