PDA

View Full Version : Forsythe Racing on the History Channel 11/30

Anteater
11-23-04, 08:18 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8582

Pretty cool! :thumbup:

mueber
11-23-04, 09:17 PM
Very cool. I have to work 12-9 that day, so it's your responsibility to remind me to set the vcr. :)

Dave99
11-23-04, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the alert, anteater. This should be a good show to check out.

I could only hope they included a few of PT's radio transmissions. He was extraordinarily colorful. :eek:

Huh manic? :laugh:

manic mechanic
11-24-04, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the alert, anteater. This should be a good show to check out.

I could only hope they included a few of PT's radio transmissions. He was extraordinarily colorful. :eek:

Huh manic? :laugh:

If they took the first 35 laps at Laguna, the conversation would be uninteligible (after censure). :rofl:

mnaic

Anteater
11-29-04, 04:05 PM
BUMP!!!!

Here's a reminder; as it turns out, the show is about more than just PT and Forsythe Racing:

INDIANAPOLIS (November 24, 2004) - Part of the History Channel's program lineup this season includes an exciting new series about military inventions that go mainstream and over the next few weeks drivers, team owners, and engineers of the Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford will be featured on two upcoming episodes.

Each week the show Tactical to Practical explores the innovations developed for combat that have developed into useful tools for civilian life. The episode on Tuesday, November 30, which airs at 1 p.m. Eastern and again at 7 p.m. Eastern, reviews the history of military aerodynamics and explores how the civilian world incorporates those military aerodynamic breakthroughs into everyday life.

Host Hunter Ellis, a former Navy Fighter Pilot who is widely recognized as a contestant on the reality show "Survivor: Marquesas", interviews the drivers, owners, and engineers from various Champ Car teams including Newman/Haas Racing, RuSPORT, PKV Racing, and Forsythe Championship Racing, as well as Champ Car Executive Vice President of Operations, John Lopes to explain the vital role that aerodynamics plays in racing and winning in the Champ Car World Series.

Filmed at the Grand Prix of Monterey at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in September, Tuesday's episode is the first of two Tactical To Practical shows to highlight Champ Car racing. The second episode, featuring g-force, can be seen on Monday, December 13 at 11 p.m. Eastern as the show examines the new designs that keep race car drivers from blacking out during extreme g-force acceleration.

:thumbup: :cool:

theunions
12-02-04, 12:10 AM
Anyone else underwhelmed by the five minutes of coverage?

sadams
12-02-04, 08:22 AM

My thoughts exactly. Lame in light of the press. :thumdown:

RTKar
12-02-04, 09:21 AM

Anyone been in McDonalds lately...the official fast food of Champcar...........samething.

theunions
12-02-04, 04:40 PM
My thoughts exactly. Lame in light of the press. :thumdown:

Precisely. The advance impression I got, having never watched the show before, was that it would be 100% ChampCar.

fourrunner
12-02-04, 05:50 PM
I was also surprised at the small amount of CC on the show .... BUT .... I think it's better than nothing, and there is a second episode with Champ Car, so maybe more there!

This is Broadcast to a more intelligent TV watcher or at least those that have inquiring minds .... so they'll tend to remember whats on the show, so maybe they'll show up at a Race or watch it on TV for the first time!

Anteater
12-03-04, 02:16 PM
Having finally gotten a chance to watch a recording of the show, I have to say:

1. It may have only been 5 minutes, but it was quality.
2. Any positive exposure for the series is good.

I'll be sure to watch the next show on 12/13, even if it is only another 5 minutes.