PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill

nrc
11-22-04, 11:40 PM
According to a rumor on Paddock Talk Rusport will have a teleconference to announce their 2005 plans tomorrow. Rumored to be good news.

They also have a rumor saying that the TV schedule could be six races on CBS and four on NBC. That seems too good to be true.

sundaydriver2
11-23-04, 03:11 PM
Dinger and Wilson to be drivers for 05.

theunions
11-23-04, 03:17 PM
What exactly was said regarding Jourdain in the teleconference? And does Wilson have a sponsor?

SteveH
11-23-04, 03:27 PM
Rumor is Jourdain is off to Herdez, or whatever it will be called.

So, what happens to RHR? :confused:

pchall
11-23-04, 03:39 PM
Rumor Mill? Isn't he the American karting hotshoe that Red Bull wants in one of their Junquars next year?

Easy
11-23-04, 04:03 PM
Herdez, or whatever it will be called.

Hola Viva Mexico or HVM.

SteveH
11-23-04, 05:22 PM
Just saw on AR1 that Jourdain may be off to NASCAR :shakehead

Anteater
11-23-04, 08:14 PM
No longer a rumor:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8581

I like Justin Wilson, but what about Michel? :confused:

rabbit
11-23-04, 11:04 PM
Wilson and 'Dinger? I smell a "Mutt and Jeff" marketing campaign. :gomer:

JLMannin
11-24-04, 12:53 PM
Rumor is Jourdain is off to Herdez, or whatever it will be called.

So, what happens to RHR? :confused:

Perhaps more accurately, "So, what happend to Dominguez?" I think there is a lot of animosity between Michel and Mario - when Jourdain had the ride at Bettenhausen (Herdez), there were Herdez people that were stong supporters of Dominguez and wanted Jourdain out, and vice versa.

I think it would be the ultimate irony if they ended up being teammates. They would be so gung-ho about outracing each other that a wise driver would stay far away until one of them sent the other in the wall.

L1P1
11-24-04, 05:30 PM
Fernandez back to ChampCar with Roberto Gonzales.

Heard that one today.

Wabbit
11-24-04, 05:36 PM
Fernandez back to ChampCar with Roberto Gonzales.

Heard that one today.

Thanks, I needed a laugh today. :rofl:

Willam
11-24-04, 06:48 PM
There are two official quotes today regarding AF and MJ, they're working towards MJ running Indy next year with Fernandez Racing. Michel has said that he has offers to run NASCAR and the IRL and he's looking for something in Champ Car.

spinner26
11-25-04, 12:59 PM
Word on the street is that if Adrian does come back that Cheap is coming back with Dixon. Cheap does not want to be the first one to hear "told ya so". Dixon overhear at banquet speaking to his agent that he's not "comfortable" racing in "this series" when not out front. I would assume that this comment came after he heard from Williams he was no longer a contestant in the running for their open seat. Does it all not look like anything is possible now? Remember they, the defectors, all kept their Cart equipment, was this so they could do one off races? Think not . They ALL knew OWRS would prevail and they'd be back.

fourrunner
11-25-04, 01:11 PM
I may be wrong, BUT after the "Heroic" decision by Michel staying with Champ Car this past year, deserves an equal effort fron Champ Car to keep him here in 2005....

I know that the final decision will rest with Michel , but....

Also, I think all this speculation about NASCAR & IRL, and HVM, are typical
"Driver PR" to raise his value ... I mean what's the guy to do, say that NO one wants him.

I think he is an important element of Champ Cars stability ! even if it's just symbolic ... Especially with the Mexican Races!

He is a Champ Car "Veteran" who is more than competent in competitive equpment ....

racer2c
11-25-04, 03:36 PM
Word on the street is that if Adrian does come back that Cheap is coming back with Dixon. Cheap does not want to be the first one to hear "told ya so". Dixon overhear at banquet speaking to his agent that he's not "comfortable" racing in "this series" when not out front. I would assume that this comment came after he heard from Williams he was no longer a contestant in the running for their open seat. Does it all not look like anything is possible now? Remember they, the defectors, all kept their Cart equipment, was this so they could do one off races? Think not . They ALL knew OWRS would prevail and they'd be back.

I disagree. They kept their Champ Cars so that there would be fewer cars for the new teams in order to break Champ Cars back. Sure, Chip and Penske want to go to the stronger series. Their whores. But they won't come back, no one in Champ Car will pay them the yen they're used to. They'll ditch Tony and focus on their existing Grand Am and NASCAR teams. Good riddance.

Wally
11-25-04, 11:54 PM
Wow dixon,floyd,af....you guys are spinnin some good ones. Must be a triptofan OD.:p

spell check :confused:

Fio1
11-26-04, 02:12 AM
2004 Euro F3000 champion, Nicki Pastorelli is talking to a few teams about running champcar in 2005. I don't know too much about the guy, other then he won the Euro-F3000 title, I just read this in Autosprint.

ChampCar#3
11-26-04, 11:58 AM
ChampCar should do everthing possible to keep MJ here. After all the cluster screw-ups of past administrations, lets not start now.
WE NEED TO SHOW LOYALTY TO THE ONES THAT SHOWED IT TO US!
Afterall we get peeved at the defectors who showed none to us!

Amanda B.'s Mom
11-26-04, 08:41 PM
I strongly agree that OWRS sg=hold do what is necessary to keep MJ in /the series. He is someone who entered the series with not enough experiences, and with a nioncompetitive team. Just look what hedid, how with maturity and with the right equipment and support staff., he became very competitive. Yes, some of this was do to other drivers oving to a differnet series. Or was it? Granted, I thinnk, that the future of almost every OWRS driver depends more on their equipment and team, than it does on racing talent. there have been a number of drivers lately who obviously were in way over their heads here. oWRS needs toi decoide which drie=vers are really competitive and which are in over thwir heads. they need to determine who to support here.

mantom
11-28-04, 04:33 AM

Don't look for Adrian to return to Champ Car anytime soon. Here's a little blurb from Gerry Forsythe when asked about Adrian Fernandez's possible return to Champ Car:

"* Contrary to published reports, do not look for Adrian Fernandez to make a one-off return to the Champ Car World Series at the Mexico City race on Nov. 7. Obviously still bearing a bit of a grudge against Fernandez for jumping to the Indy Racing League just a month before the start of the 2004 Champ Car season opener, Forsythe said, "Nobody in the world has enough money to make that happen."

trish
11-28-04, 10:23 AM
Wasn't that quote from last summer?

pchall
11-28-04, 11:44 AM
Wasn't that quote from last summer?

Yes. But it does demonstrate why the very subversive actions of Fernandez and Rahal last Spring make them the least likely candidates for an early return.

Spicoli
11-28-04, 11:56 AM
FAF's new digs are courtesy Honda. He is a FACTORY owned team. He is Honda's tool. He will race tricycles in Jersey if they tell him to. Back to CCWS? On who's dime? :shakehead

nrc
11-28-04, 09:56 PM
FAF's new digs are courtesy Honda. He is a FACTORY owned team. He is Honda's tool. He will race tricycles in Jersey if they tell him to. Back to CCWS? On who's dime? :shakehead

Right. What's the full name of the team, Fernandez-Super-Geisha-boy Racing, or something like that?

Spicoli
11-29-04, 03:54 PM
Right. What's the full name of the team, Fernandez-Super-Geisha-boy Racing, or something like that?

AdwianFernandeth-SuperGooey-Xtreme-Homoco

(If it seems I am making fun of him, well I am) :gomer:

Easy
11-30-04, 11:58 AM
Do they still run the two cars (Fernandez, Matsuura) under two different team names or are they one official entry now? When Super Fernando etc was started didn't he just lend his name and some shop space so he could stay on the Honda tit while running his home races in Champ Car?

FCYTravis
12-01-04, 12:10 AM
Oh Spicoli, now the nostalgia's coming back...

TEAM XTREME RACING (because neither Team nor Racing are XTREME enough - gotta have BOTH!)

:sigh:

Remember all those old, ****ty EARL team names whose jokes wrote themselves?

Racing Professionals.
Poor Dumb Mechanics.
Treadway/Treadway-Hubbard/Treadway-Vertex-Cunningham Racing.
Pagan Racing (RASI!)

Points to anyone who can give the reference for this one...

Tempero/Giuffre Racing.

Spicoli
12-01-04, 10:47 AM
Oh Spicoli, now the nostalgia's coming back...

TEAM XTREME RACING (because neither Team nor Racing are XTREME enough - gotta have BOTH!)

:sigh:

Remember all those old, ****ty EARL team names whose jokes wrote themselves?

Racing Professionals.
Poor Dumb Mechanics.
Treadway/Treadway-Hubbard/Treadway-Vertex-Cunningham Racing.
Pagan Racing (RASI!)

Points to anyone who can give the reference for this one...

Tempero/Giuffre Racing.

http://www.formulaone.free-online.co.uk/irl/teams/temperogiuffre/

Google makes things easy Travis. :gomer:

Tempero/Giuffre Racing
FIRST IRL START Orlando 1996
ACTIVE YEARS 1996-1997
IRL WINS 0
POLE POSITIONS 0 Best Grid Position - 1 x 18th Place [Details]
POINTS SCORED 0
RACING LAPS COMPLETED 402
PRIMARY SPONSOR 1997 YPF/Sharp/Newsweek
DRIVERS 1996 David Kudrave
Bill Tempero Justin Bell
1997 David Kudrave Juan Carlos Carbonell

But Fred Treasdway had to be the ultimate Indy wanker. Billionaire dad, Opie-esq looks. Uber-goof.

Andrew Longman
12-01-04, 12:29 PM

Hey, Hey, Hey!

The only thing we race (anymore) in Jersey are dirt modifieds at New Egypt and dragsters at Englishtown and Atco. Unless you also count the "hemi powered suicide machines racing up highway 9" (thanks to Bruce Springsteen). :)

Either way, I doubt AF and Honda would fit in.

Spicoli
12-01-04, 12:44 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey!

The only thing we race (anymore) in Jersey are dirt modifieds at New Egypt and dragsters at Englishtown and Atco. Unless you also count the "hemi powered suicide machines racing up highway 9" (thanks to Bruce Springsteen). :)

no need for Mexi-billies up there? :gomer:

Andrew Longman
12-01-04, 01:44 PM
no need for Mexi-billies up there? :gomer:

I'm not saying its right, but they're apparently only needed for picking vegetables (this is the Garden State) and cleaning offices.

Can't say that my Latin friends have much interest in going to New Egypt with me.

Skater_36
12-01-04, 01:53 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey!

What about Flemington Speedway? Is that still operating?

rosawendel
12-01-04, 01:57 PM
What about Flemington Speedway? Is that still operating?

is wall stadium still around?

Andrew Longman
12-01-04, 02:49 PM
is wall stadium still around?

Flemington closed in November 2002. Shame. It was nine miles from my home and I went there about every other weekend. After they were forced to pave it in 1990 the crowds left, but I happened to like it better.

The site was just approved to have a Walmart and Lowes put on it. Just what the area needs :thumdown:

East Windsor closed in 2003. The newly sprouted McMansions didn't appreciate their neighbor.

My Bad. Wall is still around. It has new owners trying to breath new life into it. I went there last year for the first time in years to see SuperMods. Like the new owners at New Egypt, they are full of optimism.

Skater_36
12-01-04, 03:13 PM
Flemington closed in November 2002. Shame. It was nine miles from my home and I went there about every other weekend. After they were forced to pave it in 1990 the crowds left, but I happened to like it better.

The site was just approved to have a Walmart and Lowes put on it. Just what the area needs :thumdown:

East Windsor closed in 2003. The newly sprouted McMansions didn't appreciate their neighbor.

My Bad. Wall is still around. It has new owners trying to breath new life into it. I went there last year for the first time in years to see SuperMods. Like the new owners at New Egypt, they are full of optimism.

Great, just what everyone needs another Walmart, even more distressing since it's paving over a race track.

Don't you love the people that buy homes in an area that is close to a track that's been there for years and then begin complaining? The problem is that they get the ear of some politician looking to make a name for himself and then it's just a matter of time till it gets legislated out of business.

FCYTravis
12-01-04, 03:17 PM
Spicoli gets it, ding ding ding!

Now for double bonus points:

Who was Tempero, and why is he (in)famous in open-wheel racing circles?

Sean O'Gorman
12-01-04, 03:19 PM
AIS. Next.

FCYTravis
12-01-04, 03:30 PM
Ding ding ding ding ding... Sean wins!

;)

The good ol' American IndyCar Series. Ahh, nostalgia.

Andrew Longman
12-01-04, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=Skater_36]Don't you love the people that buy homes in an area that is close to a track that's been there for years and then begin complaining?QUOTE]

That will likely soon be the trouble with Wall and New Egypt. They are in Monmouth County with saw the second highest house appreciation from 2000-2004 in the nation. Something like 500% in some areas. The economic pressure will sadly force these track owners out.

Back to AF. Sorry to take this OT

Spicoli
12-01-04, 05:39 PM
Back on topic: FAF :gomer:

Wabbit
12-01-04, 06:05 PM
Don't you love the people that buy homes in an area that is close to a track that's been there for years and then begin complaining? The problem is that they get the ear of some politician looking to make a name for himself and then it's just a matter of time till it gets legislated out of business.

Sounds like what SIR (Pacific Raceways) has gone through, and will again with all the houses going up in that area.

Sean O'Gorman
12-01-04, 06:38 PM
If they ever get anywhere with those plans to build houses where Burke is, I'm chaining myself to a...uh...oh crap. :eek: