PDA

View Full Version : Foosball, college style 11/20

dando
11-20-04, 01:56 PM
New thread for this weekend's festivities.

OSU/Meechigan (aka: The Game), 'bama/Auburn, FreeShoes/Gators....need I say more? Bring it!

GO BUCKS!

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-20-04, 02:02 PM
the BIG game is on later though ;)

did the bucks finally find a Q?

dando
11-20-04, 02:29 PM
the BIG game is on later though ;)

did the bucks finally find a Q?
Not according to the poll on ESPN.com...for how many years now??? :gomer:

Smith is a decent QB. Play calling/O system is still pathetic, tho. :rolleyes:

-Kevin

dando
11-20-04, 05:21 PM
Mmmm....crispy Wolverine = good. :)

Welcome to The Game, Henne and Hart. :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
11-20-04, 05:41 PM
Mmmm....crispy Wolverine = good. :)

Welcome to The Game, Henne and Hart. :gomer:

-KevinTressel must have threatened to take away the players' Hummers if they didn't win.

dando
11-20-04, 05:48 PM
Tressel must have threatened to take away the players' Hummers if they didn't win.
:laugh:

Whatever, Cork...I'll wager that I'll be laughing last when the NCAA gives the all clear....AGAIN. :laugh:

Bite me. :)

OSU 37 MI 21 'nuff said.

-Kevin

nrc
11-20-04, 05:58 PM
It's now officially a good season for the Buckeyes. :D

dando
11-20-04, 06:04 PM
Amen, brother. Amen.

Ank wishes he could say the same. :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
11-20-04, 06:17 PM
:laugh:

Whatever, Cork...I'll wager that I'll be laughing last when the NCAA gives the all clear....AGAIN. :laugh:

Bite me. :)

OSU 37 MI 21 'nuff said.

-KevinIf Iowa wins, MI is still headed to the Rose Bowl.

dando
11-20-04, 06:22 PM
If Iowa wins, MI is still headed to the Rose Bowl.
Uh, yeah....so? Good luck to whichever Big 10 team is headed to the Rose Bowl. :)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
11-20-04, 06:29 PM
Uh, yeah....so? Good luck to whichever Big 10 team is headed to the Rose Bowl. :)

-KevinCal. :cool:

dando
11-20-04, 09:07 PM
Cal. :cool:
Well, in that case, damn the torpedoes...... ;)

Also, Wishconsin = paper tiger, as called.

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
11-20-04, 11:00 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but thank you Ohio State. And congratulations.

IOWA HAWKEYES 2004 BIG 10 CHAMPIONS

Never mind the "co." :D :thumbup:

RHR_Fan
11-20-04, 11:31 PM
Badgers...WTF?!

We were listening to it in the car and after halfway through the third quarter we had to turn it off.

~Nicole

Jervis Tetch 1
11-21-04, 12:16 AM
Badgers...WTF?!

We were listening to it in the car and after halfway through the third quarter we had to turn it off.

~NicoleWTF?! I'll tell you WTF! You played IOWA. You didn't play Indiana. You didn't play Purdue. You played IOWA. :laugh:

:eek: <-----Wisconsin fan last two weeks of the season

Ankf00
11-21-04, 01:41 AM
Well, in that case, damn the torpedoes...... ;)

Also, Wishconsin = paper tiger, as called.

-Kevin
someone aint ever heard of glass houses it seems...

how's "officiating football by jim tressel" treating ya dude? learnin' much? :rofl:

or "officiating volleyball" i hear those trees are good n fun!

Ankf00
11-21-04, 01:44 AM
WTF?! I'll tell you WTF! You played IOWA. You didn't play Indiana. You didn't play Purdue. You played IOWA. :laugh:

:eek: <-----Wisconsin fan last two weeks of the season
I just finished pounding my purdue buddy into the dirt in ncaa '05, had to put kyle orton in his place, the medical stretcher, which derrick johnson did admirably in the 2ndQ on a blind side blitz, and then there was the 6 TD's by vince young on the various options :D *sigh* so fun, so fun.

bdogg187
11-21-04, 03:31 AM
Football Season at Wake Forest ended when we got beat by Carolina. Its time for Basketball. I saw about 10 minutes of the Wake-Miami Game. 52-7, dang Miami is good. We lost and I didnt care, however, this (http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/321035.html) made my day! :laugh:

Classic Apex
11-21-04, 04:03 AM
WTF?! I'll tell you WTF! You played IOWA. You didn't play Indiana. You didn't play Purdue. You played IOWA.

Spoken like a truly educated gentleman.

:cool:

Ankf00
11-21-04, 12:39 PM
if louisville or boise state end up at #6 in BCS, providing cal, UT, or auburn lose, then utah AND that #6 team go to the BCS

Iowa gets big 10 title share eh? not too bad of a backdoor cship

now this is BS: http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/colleges/cal/10238577.htm?1c

just like that stupid Notre Dame wins 9 games and qualifies for BCS rule, Rose Bowl can basically pick whomever they want if their team goes to the championship, so potentitally a #3 team in the country could get screwed out of a BCS bid between Utah and Cal :rolleyes:

JoeBob
11-21-04, 12:55 PM

I had a feeling this one was coming too. I was at Michigan in the 90s when 4 loss seasons became "good seasons" by ruining Ohio State's Rose Bowl chances. With freshmen at QB and RB, I had a feeling that Ohio State would ease their pain by flattening them.

Lucky for us, Wisconsin couldn't get the job done, and the Roses will still smell sweet on New Years Day.

Ed_Severson
11-21-04, 02:03 PM
Rose Bowl can basically pick whomever they want if their team goes to the championship

All of the BCS bowls are set up that way. Each of them has at least one tie-in to a conference champion, and if that conference champ ends up in the national title game, the bowl game that loses them gets first selection for a replacement.

dando
11-21-04, 02:07 PM
someone aint ever heard of glass houses it seems...

how's "officiating football by jim tressel" treating ya dude? learnin' much? :rofl:

or "officiating volleyball" i hear those trees are good n fun!
I must be missing the point of that jab (based on the quotes reply), but I guess if ya can't discuss on the field performance, go for the low hanging fruit. :D

On the topic of glass house, perhaps you should review the course offerings @ your own alma mater, holmes. I'm sure the Coaching Theory classes are part of the UT@A doctoral programs. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-21-04, 02:13 PM
I had a feeling this one was coming too. I was at Michigan in the 90s when 4 loss seasons became "good seasons" by ruining Ohio State's Rose Bowl chances. With freshmen at QB and RB, I had a feeling that Ohio State would ease their pain by flattening them.

Lucky for us, Wisconsin couldn't get the job done, and the Roses will still smell sweet on New Years Day.
And the Wolves will be licking their wounds yet again after the Rose Bowl... ;)

The surprising part of the Bucks' dominance was how they shut down the running game after suspect performances against NW, WI, and IA. IMHO, the Wolves' D was suspect coming in, especially after MSU and MN showed holes defending mobile QBs. A little payback for '95 & '97. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-21-04, 02:59 PM
All of the BCS bowls are set up that way. Each of them has at least one tie-in to a conference champion, and if that conference champ ends up in the national title game, the bowl game that loses them gets first selection for a replacement.

I know that, but the Rose has an out to pick their conference tie-in as a replacement even IF there's an "auto-pick" #3/#4 seed at-large, which by BCS rules is supposed to be an automatic qualification

Ankf00
11-21-04, 03:02 PM
but I guess if ya can't discuss on the field performance, go for the low hanging fruit.

On the topic of glass house, perhaps you should review the course offerings @ your own alma mater, holmes. I'm sure the Coaching Theory classes are part of the UT@A doctoral programs. :gomer:

-Kevin

low hanging fruit is the easiest to grab :D and no mack doesn't teach classes ;) but we do have plenty of thuggish morons...

I did just beat a buckeye on Live just now, the kid didn't know that punting and fg's actually HELP you win when it's 4th and 10+ :rolleyes: hopefully a preview of the '05 season! hehe

nrc
11-21-04, 08:04 PM

For the Bucks the pain was mostly at the beginning of the Big Ten season. Now they've got a young team with some potential.

Don't kid yourself about those roses. Backing into the Rose Bowl after a loss to the Buckeyes is a formula for a New Year's day choke-fest.

JoeBob
11-21-04, 11:22 PM
Don't kid yourself about those roses. Backing into the Rose Bowl after a lose to the Buckeyes is a formula for a New Year's day choke-fest.

Haven't you ever noticed that we talk about how many times we've been to the Rose Bowl, not how many times we've won it?

CART T. Katz
11-22-04, 01:09 AM
if louisville or boise state end up at #6 in BCS, providing cal, UT, or auburn lose, then utah AND that #6 team go to the BCS

and i hope that very much.

http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif

#7 ap, #8 coaches :thumbup:

Ankf00
11-22-04, 11:26 AM
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/10238572.htm?1c

that's the article, although I haven't read anything of the sort anywhere else, so it seems the rose bowl pres doesn't really know what he's talking about

Jervis Tetch 1
11-22-04, 12:38 PM
Spoken like a truly educated gentleman.

:cool: :D :thumbup:

It's also nice to see a school like Utah perhaps get a big slice of the pie. Hopefully Boise State and Louisville also get a huge piece. I love IOWA as you all know, but I like the underdog schools in the WAC, Mountain West and MAC, and hope they get deserving recognition too.

And Utah is for real. Remember they pasted Ank's fav Texas A&M in the season opener. Louisville still should have beat Miami.

Ankf00
11-22-04, 12:54 PM
And Utah is for real. Remember they pasted Ank's fav Texas A&M in the season opener. Louisville still should have beat Miami.

For real what? Most of their sched is teams around 4-4, Aggy lost to Baylor. :rofl: the UNC/Miami game doesn't mean anything when you consider how many yards UNC has been giving up

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor aggy.

anywho: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2004-11-21-hiestand_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

Fox will now cover 4 BCS games, folks, prepare to hate the fact you ever loved college football, because the suck that is fox college football is only superceded by that league at 16th and Georgetown, TBS coverage looks like the holy grail compared to fox

CART T. Katz
11-22-04, 01:57 PM
Louisville still should have beat Miami.

don't remind me :cry: :flame:

ps. post 150, pretty amazing for the amount of time i spend lurking

Ankf00
11-22-04, 09:22 PM
proof cork is a little biotch

"cork_lavin: of course
cork_lavin: if i lose it's because i had bad luck
cork_lavin: my kicker sucked
cork_lavin: you got lucky
cork_lavin: your kicker was ranked higher"

all b/c he gave up the 14 pt lead i spotted him and then went on to choke in overtime

poor corkie :cry:

Dr. Corkski
11-22-04, 09:30 PM
proof cork is a little biotch

"cork_lavin: of course
cork_lavin: if i lose it's because i had bad luck
cork_lavin: my kicker sucked
cork_lavin: you got lucky
cork_lavin: your kicker was ranked higher"

all b/c he gave up the 14 pt lead i spotted him and then went on to choke in overtime

poor corkie :cry:
:flame: :flame: :flame:

Stupid kicker missed the friggin XP in OT!

dando
11-22-04, 10:20 PM
For real what? Most of their sched is teams around 4-4, Aggy lost to Baylor. :rofl: the UNC/Miami game doesn't mean anything when you consider how many yards UNC has been giving up

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor aggy.

anywho: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2004-11-21-hiestand_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

Fox will now cover 4 BCS games, folks, prepare to hate the fact you ever loved college football, because the suck that is fox college football is only superceded by that league at 16th and Georgetown, TBS coverage looks like the holy grail compared to fox
First, the same can be said for AU's non-schedule, eh. Aggies were looking forward to OU, IMHO.

Second, Fox doesn't have national CFB games, per se...FSN regional picked up by most regional outlets. It'll be interesting to see if they raid ABC/ESPN for broadcasters. The really interesting part is that The Mouse is willing to dump $$$ into the IRL/Indy rather than CFB. Of course, Eisner, et al are still trying to save face/$$$ on the Ovitz proceedings....What a bunch of maroons! :rofl:

-Kevin

dando
11-22-04, 10:23 PM
lno mack doesn't teach classes ;)

Well, duh.....what's he gonna teach? How to lose to OU?!? :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-22-04, 10:34 PM
First, the same can be said for AU's non-schedule, eh. Aggies were looking forward to OU, IMHO.

Second, Fox doesn't have national CFB games, per se...FSN regional picked up by most regional outlets. It'll be interesting to see if they raid ABC/ESPN for broadcasters. The really interesting part is that The Mouse is willing to dump $$$ into the IRL/Indy rather than CFB. Of course, Eisner, et al are still trying to save face/$$$ on the Ovitz proceedings....What a bunch of maroons! :rofl:

-Kevin

yes, but auburn has a full SEC schedule which comes out to top 50 in strength, Utah only has it's out of conf to hang it's hat on b/c the MWC is so pathetic, put it this way, against any of the top 8 big conference teams, at at a neutral site, are you going to bet on Utah? If they play anyone besides BC in the Fiesta they'll get pounded, but they earned the pounding by doing their part right

Utah barely can even crack top 100 in stregth of sched even w/ UNC and aggy, 3 winning teams, 3 2-8 teams, they've only proven they don't suck, and no, as far as aggy with baylor, there is no "looking ahead to OU", it's freaking BAYLOR. i'll put it in terms you can understand...

think...

Northwestern

better yet, think...

Indiana

now you get the picture :)

also, fox has the cotton bowl, that combined with FSN is grounds for rounding their broadcast crews and dumping them into the pacific

dando
11-22-04, 10:48 PM
yes, but auburn has a full SEC schedule which comes out to top 50 in strength, Utah only has it's out of conf to hang it's hat on b/c the MWC is so pathetic, put it this way, against any of the top 8 big conference teams, at at a neutral site, are you going to bet on Utah? If they play anyone besides BC in the Fiesta they'll get pounded, but they earned the pounding by doing their part right

Utah barely can even crack top 100 in stregth of sched even w/ UNC and aggy, and no, as far as aggy with baylor, there is no "looking ahead to OU", it's freaking BAYLOR. i'll put it in terms you can understand...

think...

Northwestern

better yet, think...

Indiana

now you get the picture :)

also, fox has the cotton bowl, that combined with FSN is grounds for rounding their broadcast crews and dumping them into the pacific

Sorry, man....errr, grasshopper...I've seen many a team lose to a lowly underdog b4 a big matchup and/or rivalry game. Almost every season has one or two close call or upsets of that nature. Also, I see that Baylor has three wins this season, when I think NW, I think of a team in the middle or near the top of the Big Ten, not the team of the 70s or 80s (record-setting winless streaks). Now, IU is a team of a diff'rent color altogether....

re: Fox...you still watch the Cotton Bowl. Egads, boy, watch sumthin' decent fer cryin' out loud. Oh, wait...I surmise that UT@A may have appeared in that bowl recently in lieu of a BCS bowl. 'nuff said. :gomer:

-Kevin

EDIT: taking a break from play foosball on the Xbox? :gomer:

Ankf00
11-22-04, 11:11 PM
baylor v aggy isn't a big game or a rivalry game, it's a game aggy hasn't lost in almost 30 years, yes, it's that bad

i mean, there were ppl at work cringing the next day at the very mention of football in general, let alone them flipping the finger when i'd say "oh hey, i've been lookin for y...." it was greatness :)

dando
11-22-04, 11:27 PM
baylor v aggy isn't a big game or a rivalry game, it's a game aggy hasn't lost in almost 30 years, yes, it's that bad

Dude, my point was that the game was the week b4 the OU game, which is a bit of a rivalry down there, eh? It happens...before this year, OSU lost to NW back in the 70s, and Meechigan lost to them a few years back. I do recall Baylor being decent in the past decade+ or so.

As my daddy said long ago, a blind hog finds an acorn now and then....or, to put it in your speak, UT@A beats OU once in a decade. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-22-04, 11:40 PM
Dude, my point was that the game was the week b4 the OU game, which is a bit of a rivalry down there, eh? It happens...before this year, OSU lost to NW back in the 70s, and Meechigan lost to them a few years back. I do recall Baylor being decent in the past decade+ or so.

As my daddy said long ago, a blind hog finds an acorn now and then....or, to put it in your speak, UT@A beats OU once in a decade. :p

-Kevin

the last time baylor was decent was the 50's, since '01 Baylor has beaten arkie state, new mexico, illinois state, the mighty dogs of SAMFORD, Tulsa, Kansas (their first big 12 conf win), SMU, sam houston state, colorado, southwest texas, north texas, and now aggy, that company is quite elite gotta hand it to aggy ;)

and OU vs aggy is a rivalry only in aggy's own mind which has existed for all of, oooh 13 months since they got pasted, kind of like their "rivalry" with tech , they're quite obsessive with tech these days, it's an odd mind-hive, very unlike the mormon hive over at BYU, with aggy, the penis-envy is astounding... and by the way, it's UT, UT@A is in Arlington ;)

and aggy was missing courtney lewis in the utah game, who is their only rb worth a damn, and a damn good back at that... if lewis is in the utah game, aggy pounds that small utah line, utah's D is built to beat the pass happy MWC, top 25 stalwarts like wyoming and UNLV don't exactly like running it up the tackles all game

Jervis Tetch 1
11-23-04, 12:41 AM
Ank, is it Utah's fault they play in the Mountain West? Don't be so quick to sell them short. Many teams refuse to play the Utahs of the world at their home stadium.

Texas is a perfect example of this. After the Hawks made the Hornless Horns their bitches in the 1984 Freedom Bowl, it was suggested Iowa play Texass in a home-on-home series (then head coach Hayden Fry is a Texas native--but I never held that against him), but Hornless Horns said Neigh, we want both games in Austin.

Of course the Hawks told the Horns where to go. Don't "mess" with Texas but Never "****" with Iowa.

I say Utah beats Texas should they meet. And if they don't, it won't be a Texas sized whuppin' either.

dando
11-23-04, 12:47 AM
Hmmm...seems to me that I recall Baylor being SWC conference champs more recently than the 50s. Perhaps not a top-ten team nationally, but those were pre-BCS years, where even ND and PSU were national champs.

BTW, when yer alma's site states Uni Texas at Austin, I'll refer to it as UT@A...if'n just to rub ya' the wrong way (like my 'hook 'em horns' sign). :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-23-04, 10:29 AM
Ank, is it Utah's fault they play in the Mountain West? Don't be so quick to sell them short. Many teams refuse to play the Utahs of the world at their home stadium.

Texas is a perfect example of this. After the Hawks made the Hornless Horns their bitches in the 1984 Freedom Bowl, it was suggested Iowa play Texass in a home-on-home series (then head coach Hayden Fry is a Texas native--but I never held that against him), but Hornless Horns said Neigh, we want both games in Austin.

Of course the Hawks told the Horns where to go. Don't "mess" with Texas but Never "****" with Iowa.

I say Utah beats Texas should they meet. And if they don't, it won't be a Texas sized whuppin' either.

actually, ya it is their fault they play in the mountain west, there's a reason these teams never qualified for bcs bowls in the past 30 years pre-bcs, and it wasn't because of some evil system designed to hold them down, 9 of the top 10 bcs teams that would play that schedule would win out, it's not hard when you play 2, 3, and 4 win teams all year, every year it's the same hype, tcu, fresno state, etc etc, until they fall on their face, and all b/c the media wants to hype the underdog, not because of deserved attention, as for Utah and cajones, they're the ones who cancelled their games with us this year, apparently playing a real defense is too much for them

new mexico 7-4, wyoming 6-5, aggy 7-3(soon to be 4), UNC 6-5

those are the winning teams they've played, and you're going to tell me utah has proven themselves as top 8 in the country? playing THAT? They earned their place in the BCS, they're a good team and they did what louisville couldn't, win, but save the poor underdog speech, if ohio state wins against that sched you'd be railing on them for not proving anything, utah's no more "real" than boise state or louisville (both of whom are just as good if not better in Louisville's case)

if they play anyone besides BC, I'll take that bet btw ;)

jt: don't feel bad about fry, darryl royal was an okie, who whupped us when he was a player for them too :cry:

kevin: baylor won in 1980 with a good season, 1994 was a 5 way tie which even a 5 loss texas qualified for, so they get no credit for a title which even Texas fans don't take credit for (except for the gomer ones who want to brag about a 3 year conference championship streak :rolleyes: )

Jervis Tetch 1
11-23-04, 11:47 AM
Still, I wouldn't sell Utah short. They beat a pretty respectable Southern Mississippi team in the Liberty Bowl last year, 17-0.

And coach Urban Meyer is getting considerable attention from Florida as the main man.

The Mountain West suffers from the same identity crisis as the WAC and MAC and to a degree Conference USA. No respect.

Not sure if you remember, but back in the early 90s (can't seem to remember the exact year) Fresno State spanked USC in the Freedom Bowl (I saw that one) and last year Fresno pounded UCLA. And don't forget BYU beating Michigan too in the 1984 Holiday Bowl.

Parity has made for some interesting years.

Ankf00
11-23-04, 01:26 PM
"YOU LOST TO BAYLOR???? LOSING TO BAYLOR IS THE EQUIVALENT TO GETTING BEATEN TO A PULP BY A SIX YEAR OLD GIRL WITH A PIPE CLEANER!" - Scottish guy on AM 1300 :D

that '84 title is messed up, BYU beat a 6-5 Michigan team and gets a title on a sched with noteam that finished in the top 20, but OU, NU, and UT (UT #1 for first half of season, NU #1 till OU loss, and OU until loss to U Dub in orange bowl) all scrwed the pooch that year, all their own fault to BYU's gain...

I've been a big Boise fan for a few years now (God what I would give for their OC), and I reaaaaaaaally like how Louisville plays, but if the WAC and CUSA etc were given "big conf" status in the BCS, they would lose their auto-bid soon after, just like the Big East is about to do in a couple of years (if your conf champ averages below 12 for 4 years you're 'up for review'), their champ's not always going to be a top 12 team,

They're all capable of the upset, and I love how Boise spanked Oregon State earlier this year (pac 10's Non-Conf sched is atrocious this year outside of sun devils owning the hawkeyes), but if these guys played in the SEC or the Big 12 south, they'd be 2, 3 or 4 loss teams

But hey, they're undefeated, they've done everything they can do, they get to go bowling, good for them, on now to see them get stomped :D

CART T. Katz
11-23-04, 02:31 PM
speaking to the big east losing thier autobid status, i don't think that is happening. all reports that i have heard are that teams moving to conferences have their ranking included with the new conference. right now we are 10 in the bcs. that ranking will transfer over to the big east. so in essence, a team from the conference-"blows"sa is keeping the big east afloat in the bcs.

next year i expect west virginia to bounce back and pittsburgh to be better. we already know louisville is good and is one dropped kerry rhodes interception from being 4 in the bcs.

btw, i know our schedule sucks, but really who competitive (read above .500) has boise and utah played? we had memphis, cincy (who will be toughter than most people expect), ncarolina and miami. i think that it's really telling when a below .500 team barely beats boise in overtime that all they have done is beat up on people with no real challenge to go up against.

speaking of which, i can understand how georgia jumps louisville, but will someone please explain to me how boise did as well? :flame: of the 3 nonbcs leaders i think that louisville is better than boise because we have actually played people.

Racing Truth
11-23-04, 02:52 PM
Cal. :cool:

Ahem. In my best Lee Corso (insert writing utensil here): "Not so fast my friend."

If Ank's 'Horns lose to A&M Fri., then Boise COULD finish BCS #6. In this case, Boise and Utah get in, while Cal goes to the Holiday Bowl.

Ank, I've got nothing against UT, but I have to root for A&M just to screw the BCS.

Ankf00
11-23-04, 03:01 PM
Ahem. In my best Lee Corso (insert writing utensil here): "Not so fast my friend."

If Ank's 'Horns lose to A&M Fri., then Boise COULD finish BCS #6. In this case, Boise and Utah get in, while Cal goes to the Holiday Bowl.

Ank, I've got nothing against UT, but I have to root for A&M just to screw the BCS.
it's cool, 49% of me would love that just to see cork cry, then the other 51% realizes I'd have to put up with aggy screaming "we're back we're back, we're for real" until their bowl game whupping

I'd much rather stomp aggy, and then have cal lose to southern miss, that way aggy gets stomped, and boise state ruins things all at the same time :D

Racing Truth
11-23-04, 03:28 PM
it's cool, 49% of me would love that just to see cork cry, then the other 51% realizes I'd have to put up with aggy screaming "we're back we're back, we're for real" until their bowl game whupping

I'd much rather stomp aggy, and then have cal lose to southern miss, that way aggy gets stomped, and boise state ruins things all at the same time :D

I would take that too, but I just don't see S. Miss beating Call, even Hatteysburg (sp?). Hey at least Utah's already screwed the BCS.

Ankf00
11-23-04, 04:44 PM
I would take that too, but I just don't see S. Miss beating Call, even Hatteysburg (sp?). Hey at least Utah's already screwed the BCS.
na, 1 Utah gives them the right to say "see, the system works, 1 vs 2, and small teams not left out", b/c after all, it's not about top 8, it's about 1 vs 2, and then continental europe style appeasement w/ the other conf champs, although 3 undefeateds would screw them immensely

now TWO utahs, plus THREE undefeateds gives them the big F U :D

FCYTravis
11-23-04, 09:54 PM
Cal all the way.

Boise? Give me a break. They can't hold a candle to a team with a Heisman Trophy candidate QB and one of the best running-backs in the country.

You can't stop the juggernaut - the Bears have been waiting fifty years for the Roses and Southern Miss might as well just kick the ball and run off the field crying like babies - at least then they won't get smashed to a pulp.

GO BEARS. :rofl:

Racing Truth
11-24-04, 04:58 PM
na, 1 Utah gives them the right to say "see, the system works, 1 vs 2, and small teams not left out", b/c after all, it's not about top 8, it's about 1 vs 2, and then continental europe style appeasement w/ the other conf champs, although 3 undefeateds would screw them immensely

now TWO utahs, plus THREE undefeateds gives them the big F U :D

Damn, that's a good point. They can just rationalize this idiotic disaster even more

Racing Truth
11-24-04, 05:02 PM
Cal all the way.

Boise? Give me a break. They can't hold a candle to a team with a Heisman Trophy candidate QB and one of the best running-backs in the country.

You can't stop the juggernaut - the Bears have been waiting fifty years for the Roses and Southern Miss might as well just kick the ball and run off the field crying like babies - at least then they won't get smashed to a pulp.

GO BEARS. :rofl:

Well, for one, you better be cheering with Ank for Texas, or risk losing the Rose bid as well.

In terms of Boise, look I agree with you, Travis, but that's not the point. H=ll, Utah would anihilate Boise, but the point is screwing the BCS even more. That said, you guys deserve a Rose Bowl bid this year.

Ankf00
11-24-04, 05:23 PM
Well, for one, you better be cheering with Ank for Texas, or risk losing the Rose bid as well.

In terms of Boise, look I agree with you, Travis, but that's not the point. H=ll, Utah would anihilate Boise, but the point is screwing the BCS even more. That said, you guys deserve a Rose Bowl bid this year.
utah and boise would be a good game, bsu did handle oregon state, if ppl give utah credit for beating aggy, bsu gets credit too