PDA

View Full Version : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rabbit
11-19-04, 05:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/14035/)

Losers.

You just can't make this stuff up.

:rofl:

Wheel-Nut
11-19-04, 05:20 PM
That's great!! It sure didn't take T & H long to force the earl brass to re-right the rule book, AGAIN!

Ankf00
11-19-04, 05:32 PM
jeebus this is pathetic

fourrunner
11-19-04, 06:02 PM
Gee ... as I recall in one of Tony Georges Rare inteligible interviews,a few years back, he said that CART's problems were that they changed there minds whenever the wind shifted !

Wabbit
11-19-04, 06:19 PM
GM will come back as sole engine provider for 2007.

Sean O'Gorman
11-19-04, 06:25 PM
And Tony George will go back to being the sole sponsor for the IRL by then.

oddlycalm
11-19-04, 07:07 PM
You just can't make this stuff up. :rofl: You got that right, and if you had posted this on QuackForum yesterday they would have pounced like rabid weasels... and yet here it is direct from the head weasel hisownself... :D

Does this sound vaguely familiar to anyone? Like when CART was getting whipsawed around by the mfg's over future engine specs, with Toyota insisting on the crapwagon motor and Honda saying high tech or nuthin...? We all know exactly what's happening behind the scenes. TG is getting is nuts squeezed hard. So where's your hammer now jagoff? :laugh:

oc

Wabbit
11-19-04, 07:21 PM
You got that right, and if you had posted this on QuackForum yesterday they would have pounced like rabid weasels... and yet here it is direct from the head weasel hisownself... :D

Does this sound vaguely familiar to anyone? Like when CART was getting whipsawed around by the mfg's over future engine specs, with Toyota insisting on the crapwagon motor and Honda saying high tech or nuthin...? We all know exactly what's happening behind the scenes. TG is getting is nuts squeezed hard. So where's your hammer now jagoff? :laugh:

oc

Except Tony will roll over to keep the money flowing.

RacinM3
11-19-04, 07:27 PM
Yeah, a production-based motor is really going to reduce the costs. Sure.

Maybe the Earl can get Cosworth to build them some engines in '07!! :laugh:

Flowing in which direction? In or out?

Ozarkian
11-19-04, 07:40 PM
Unbelievable. Back to the Junk Formula. Or is it the Junkier Formula?

I understand there are several riding mechanics that are available ...

nrc
11-19-04, 08:09 PM

How would GM as a sole supplier keep the money flowing? Who is going to pay all the money it takes to keep Andretti, Ganassi, Rahal, and Fernandez around?

Railbird
11-19-04, 10:12 PM
Classic 'tail wagging the dog'

How many times did we hear that TG and Brainfart would keep the manufactures under controll?

RTKar
11-19-04, 10:52 PM
:shakehead ...they must spin a "Magic Wheel" to see where the arrow stops to come up with some these decisions.....unbelievable.

It'll be interesting to see who lines up behind "the league" on this one.....

Jervis Tetch 1
11-20-04, 11:13 PM
In my best Buddy Ebsen imitation, "Pitiful...pitiful!"

pchall
11-21-04, 01:20 PM
When was the IRL ever a "production" formula? Those 4.0l "Aurora" engines were specially built for racing. There was never a single weekend in the IRL when some local garage guys could destroke a Northstar V8 taken out of their daddy's Caddy and make it through tech.

Spicoli
11-21-04, 03:45 PM
This is really funny stuff.

I wish I sold something that the IMS braintrust was in the market to buy, cause this group of idiots are about as gullible as a 4 year old.

___king Tony ought to face up to the reality of the situation: your series is a joke;an answer to a question nobody asked (except maybe DNFisher and AJ Sammich). You done been out-thunk, out-witted, out-maneuvered and definitely out classed.

There's only a handful of "Early Adapters" left; and those final gomers are lined up on the deck, ready to bail.

If it is at all possible to "out gomer" yourself, these jacktards figgered out how to do it.

The old adage "throw enough crap against the wall and sumpin will eventually stick"?????

Uh, Not in this case.

I hear the sounds of the toilet gurgling. The final turd is just about down the hatch.

Burn in hell you miserable POS. Thanks for F'in up the party for 10 years. :shakehead

That Karma stuff's a real beyotch. :rofl: eh boys?

racer2c
11-21-04, 06:14 PM
Hi Spicoli!

Ankf00
11-21-04, 06:35 PM
When was the IRL ever a "production" formula? Those 4.0l "Aurora" engines were specially built for racing. There was never a single weekend in the IRL when some local garage guys could destroke a Northstar V8 taken out of their daddy's Caddy and make it through tech.
THERE'S NO SANTA CLAUS?!? :cry:

CART T. Katz
11-22-04, 12:38 AM

there's a santa claus, indiana. is that close enough? :gomer:

devilmaster
11-22-04, 04:37 AM

Look how quickly young grasshopper(aka Ank) forgot about his 'engineering report' on the existence of Santa Claus......
:D

Steve

L1P1
11-22-04, 08:35 PM
Other than another revision to the vision, I don't think that production-based engines necessarily are all that funny. If they can keep spec/rev-limited/boost-limited/restrictor-plated engines out of the series', they could be the best thing that has happened to OW racing in many years.

I realize (and have often posted) that, regardless of the rules, the available money will increase proportionally to the value of the prize. However, with some other changes, we could see an engine formula that is not only cool, but has a basis in consumer reality. We could lose the concept of a 'branded' engine. A Ford engine could really be a Ford engine.

You can already buy a Ford V8 from Carroll Shelby that makes 750HP for something like $28,000. If we're just going to rev-limit or boost restrict them anyway, why would we need a thoroughbred race engine?

I've been suspecting that KK and GF might be down this path even further than TG. Note KK's professed interest in a Cosworth-branded tuner after-market. Also his mention of Cosworth hopefully interesting other manufacturers. Consider that KK has probably necessarily had some interaction with GM regarding the IRL engine that Cosworth brands as Chevy. And he may have made some proposals....

Now, GM, after announcing their IRL retirement, asks TG to look at a production-based formula. Hmmm.....

What I like about the prospect is that the engines in some of the cars we buy might actually include some racing-related modifications meant to give some opportunities to the Cosworth engineers. And many of those subsequent modifications (albeit in a more generic/practical form) might become available to us directly from Cosworth.

It's even interesting from a liability standpoint for the manufacturers. They want to have a performance image - but without the liabilities. So, if in order to get that performance benefit, you specifically have to seek it out and pay extra for the Cosworth performance modifications, you're gonna have a hard time convincing a judge that Ford or Chevy sold you a car that was too fast.

Joe in LA
11-22-04, 09:00 PM
The idea that this will contain costs, or that the IRL ever had production engines is laughable. How it saves costs to mimic some of the dimensions of a production engine is beyond me.

Ankf00
11-22-04, 09:26 PM
Look how quickly young grasshopper(aka Ank) forgot about his 'engineering report' on the existence of Santa Claus......
:D

Steve
doh! :gomer:

racer2c
11-22-04, 09:53 PM
You can already buy a Ford V8 from Carroll Shelby that makes 750HP for something like $28,000. If we're just going to rev-limit or boost restrict them anyway, why would we need a thoroughbred race engine?

Shoot, I built a 550 horsepower 440 bigblock when I was 19 years old for $3,000. I think if I had $28000, I'm pretty sure I could tweak it up to 750hp, no problem. Hey Tony can I build Indy race engines?!? :)

cart7
11-23-04, 08:43 AM
I think this whole deal boils down to how each manf. views their program in OW racing in the earl. Honda seems to want hi-tech engines that bear absolutely no resemblance to a street engine at all. They're merely trying to prove their technical superiority over any and all comers. Toyota wants a production based engine but still wants control over who has the engines and who builds them (TRD and Penske). Chevy on the other hand basically wants to sell blocks & heads to teams and let them take them to authorized engine shops who are allowed to tweak any way they choose within the rules.

You've got real extremes between the 3 manufacturers as far as how they view their involvement in the earl and I can't see how a single spec isn't going to wind up running one or more of them off. Honda is basically fielding 1/2 the grid currently so appeasing them would seem to be the obvious choice. Then again TG isn't known for having even marginally rational or sane thought processes so it's hard to say which way this will go.

pchall
11-23-04, 11:50 AM
Shoot, I built a 550 horsepower 440 bigblock when I was 19 years old for $3,000. I think if I had $28000, I'm pretty sure I could tweak it up to 750hp, no problem. Hey Tony can I build Indy race engines?!? :)

Those big blocks rocked Literally. When I was in HS the older brother of one of my friends built a 425 ci Buick that when blipped just about made the 64 Riv he put it in rollover like a puppy needing a belly scritch. i don't remember him doing anything to the brakes and suspension, except installing some awful looking Cragar wheels with the widest Firestones he could fit in the wheelwells.

The 64 in Patti Page Pink

http://hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/p52837_image_small.jpg http://hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/p52842_image_small.jpg

Jack Rahn's car was white and had been driven by his grandmother for four years when he got a hold of it.

Spicoli
11-23-04, 04:54 PM
Those big blocks rocked Literally. When I was in HS the older brother of one of my friends built a 425 ci Buick that when blipped just about made the 64 Riv he put it in rollover like a puppy needing a belly scritch. i don't remember him doing anything to the brakes and suspension, except installing some awful looking Cragar wheels with the widest Firestones he could fit in the wheelwells.

The 64 in Patti Page Pink

http://hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/p52837_image_small.jpg http://hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/p52842_image_small.jpg

Jack Rahn's car was white and had been driven by his grandmother for four years when he got a hold of it.

Nice car. I know a guy in chicago that has one sort of like it. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
11-23-04, 05:55 PM
:gomer:

yeah... its for sale if you know anyone interested.

http://www.speedgeezers.com/albums/Impala60/chevy.jpg

pchall
11-23-04, 08:38 PM

It really is hard to forgive Chevy for its mistakes, isn't it?

Rogue Leader
11-23-04, 09:34 PM
Spoeaking of Bigblock 440's I just got a 69 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 440 and a 4 speed... its SICK!!!

pchall
11-23-04, 10:13 PM
Spoeaking of Bigblock 440's I just got a 69 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 440 and a 4 speed... its SICK!!!

You might find some help for a Plymouth on this board. Just wait a bit.

Spicoli
11-24-04, 06:26 AM

how many tatoos are required to get into the bidding process.

chop456
11-24-04, 06:35 AM
Quit hatin'. You'd probably buy it if it was painted up like the Lancer behind it. :D

mueber
11-24-04, 08:54 AM
I’m sure the Champ Car Fan Purity of Thought Police will be knocking on my door soon to question me about these impure thoughts, but I remember a couple of years ago we had a discussion on Seventhgear about engine alternatives in which any number of Champ Car fans expressed support for a turbocharged four cylinder stock block formula.

Now, I don’t know if technologically and economically that is the way to go, but as long as the engine produces a lot of horsepower and there are a lot of them on the starting grid, I don’t care what it is.

Spicoli
11-24-04, 09:03 AM
Quit hatin'. You'd probably buy it if it was painted up like the Lancer behind it. :D

http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2003/detroit/highlights/images/ford-f150-3494.jpg

Make mine a SuperCrew Cab.

*bling* :D

I really like it.

Except the gas mileage. :saywhat:

Clown
11-24-04, 09:49 AM
Just bomb a country with oil ;)

Dirty Sanchez
11-24-04, 10:11 AM
how many tatoos are required to get into the bidding process. :gomer:See if you can get permission to make me an offer. :gomer: