PDA

View Full Version : Guilty!

mapguy
11-12-04, 05:47 PM
:thumbup: Yes! Scott Peterson has been found guilty (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138362,00.html) of 1st degree murder of his wife, Lacy, and 2nd degree murder of his unborn son, Conner.

Ankf00
11-12-04, 05:52 PM
what exactly is so special about this case compared to any other murder? I've never quite understood that or the media obsession behind it

rabbit
11-12-04, 06:16 PM
Who is Scott Peterson?

(what ank said)

RichK
11-12-04, 06:35 PM
I am surprised at the verdict. Circumstantial evidence with a weak motive still leaves reasonable doubt in my mind, but then I wasn't sitting in the courtroom.

If I had money to bet, I'd bet he did it. But the evidence isn't enough to put him to death, IMO.

It was big news here because it happened here, I'm a bit surprised at all the national coverage too.

Sean O'Gorman
11-12-04, 06:56 PM
what exactly is so special about this case compared to any other murder? I've never quite understood that or the media obsession behind it

Because an attractive white woman was killed by an attractive white man, I guess. :shakehead

RichK
11-12-04, 07:01 PM
Because an attractive white woman was killed by an attractive white man, I guess. :shakehead

She wasn't white.

It's reasonable to me that this case stands out. (Unfortunately) there is a murder about twice per week in Oakland, so people expect that to happen, however bad. When a Cal Poly graduate "normal" guy kills is 8 month pregnant Cal Poly graduate wife the day before Christmas.....well, that doesn't happen 2X per week.

Sean O'Gorman
11-12-04, 07:17 PM
She wasn't white.

Shows how much I paid attention.

RacinM3
11-12-04, 08:01 PM
AMF

Dave99
11-13-04, 02:50 AM
Has anyone heard the tapes of Scott Peterson's cell phone messages in the days following Laci's "disappearance"? :rofl:

It's only a matter of time before they are converted to digital and uploaded but when they are... you'll see! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Michaelhatesfans
11-13-04, 03:40 AM
Does this mean I don't ever have to turn on CNN and see that miserable bitch Nancy Grace again?

JohnHKart
11-13-04, 06:49 AM
She wasn't white.

It's reasonable to me that this case stands out. (Unfortunately) there is a murder about twice per week in Oakland, so people expect that to happen, however bad. When a Cal Poly graduate "normal" guy kills is 8 month pregnant Cal Poly graduate wife the day before Christmas.....well, that doesn't happen 2X per week.

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken was half portugese...There is a large portugese population in the central valley of California, of which my dad is married to one. I was just asking tonight, there must be tons of murder cases where the man kills the woman, and attractive people too so it's so strange that cases like Mark Hacking and Scott Peterson just explode OJ and Michael Jackson style among the media.

John

KLang
11-13-04, 09:26 AM
Does this mean I don't ever have to turn on CNN and see that miserable bitch Nancy Grace again?

I was really hoping for a not guilty verdict just to see that witch proven wrong again.

Dr. Corkski
11-13-04, 04:34 PM
She wasn't white.

It's reasonable to me that this case stands out. (Unfortunately) there is a murder about twice per week in Oakland, so people expect that to happen, however bad. When a Cal Poly graduate "normal" guy kills is 8 month pregnant Cal Poly graduate wife the day before Christmas.....well, that doesn't happen 2X per week.Damn state school kids. ;)

But you know the defense was screwed when their star witness turned out to be as useful as JV was to Renault.

Methanolandbrats
11-13-04, 08:15 PM
Nancy Grace? Sure she's a broom pilot, but she's also a Playboy Bunny compared to Greta Von Pi$$flaps and Gloria Allred. Those are the two that have got to go.