PDA

View Full Version : Say it aint so Ryan

Tim
11-12-04, 01:09 PM
Ganassi is trying to get RHR. Now he is going to test with them at the end of the month. Ryan has been a family favorite for years but if he follows the yen the pictures come down. Please stay in champcar.

nrc
11-12-04, 04:49 PM
I was afraid of this when I saw he had a new agent with a taste for yen.

It would be a shame to lose him. I'd say it might be worth Champ car kicking in some bucks just to stop the image of drivers moving to the IRL. If nothing else, driving the price up might reduce the money Toyota has available to spend trying to steal other teams or drivers.

The good news is that Fogarty is right there, waiting to be picked up.

extramundane
11-15-04, 04:14 PM
The good news is that Fogarty is right there, waiting to be picked up.

Is he? Rumors abound that he's signed a Grand-Am deal, and I know Flying Lizard were trying to get him back in ALMS too...

nrc
11-15-04, 04:43 PM
Is he? Rumors abound that he's signed a Grand-Am deal, and I know Flying Lizard were trying to get him back in ALMS too...

Isn't he? I haven't seen any announcements.

Rob
11-16-04, 11:33 PM
It looks as though RHR will probably be staying in Champ Cars.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/13966/

:thumbup:

Wally
11-16-04, 11:52 PM
Aww.......sucks to be floyd. :gomer:

Clown
11-17-04, 12:19 AM
As long as we have 'dinger :p

(But I'm sure RHR ain't going anywhere :))

nrc
11-17-04, 01:41 AM
Well, well, well. Hasn't the worm turned in a hurry.

mueber
11-17-04, 08:57 AM
I hope RHR finds a good ride. He deserves it.

What I find interesting is that the principals of the series are not falling over themselves trying to hold on to people who want to leave. Instead they are trying to build the series by putting together races, venues, and, I hope, promotion that will grow the series and create future stars.

So the next time Robin Miller or someone at Crackforum suggests that ChampCar must go out of its way to retain Mo Nunn and Patrick Carpentier, just smile and nod knowingly.