PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 US Release Today

racer2c
11-09-04, 03:38 PM
For us Xbox fanboys, this is a huge day in Xbox gaming. I was rather pleasantly surprised when I saw and heard blurbs on the TV and radio news casts about the release of Halo 2. While I am an uber geek, I wasn't one of the many that stood in line at midnight to get my copy. I strolled into Best Buy at lunch and plucked one of the many off the shelf. I did notice that almost every person in line with me, about 15 folks, had it in their hand, young and old alike. Halo wasn't the best game ever, but it did have a certain uniqueness all it's own. I can't wait to get home, turn off the lights, crank up my 5.1 DTS and mow down some Coventry!

I'm also really excited about Prince of Persia 2 - The Warrior Within. The first Prince of Persia (well, technically not the first but that's another story, let's say first on the Xbox) was a true A list game. Incredibly fluid with amazing graphics. The second installment is more than just new enemies and maps, it's a darker, bloodier and more mature PoP with graphics that would make any PC gamer take a second look at an Xbox. I've played through the demo and can't wait to get my hands on the full deal. That one comes out November 16.

PC gamers get the long awaited Half Life 2 next week (also on the 16th). One review I read said that it is a paradigm in gaming. Unfortunately my PC won't be able to handle it and I'm not buying a $350 video card so I'll wait for the dumbed down Xbox version. Oh well, at least I'll have it on my widescreen with DTS.

MechAssault 2 - Lone Wolf is another one I'm really excited about. the sequel to the incredibly entertaining MechAssualt, MA2LW let's you highjack mechs. This one comes out Dec 28.

Need For Speed Underground 2 is due out on Nov 16 too. This arcade racer lets you drag race, drift and circuit race. The first Underground was incredibly fun. Not quite as fun as Burnout 3, but a better 'racer' game.

Sean O'Gorman
11-09-04, 04:03 PM
I'm not interested in games like Halo (all I play are racing games), but if it sells more Xboxes, I'm all for it.

r2c, just wait until Forza Motorsport (http://xbox.ign.com/objects/682/682857.html) comes out. Word is this could be a Gran Turismo 4 killer. :cool:

nrc
11-09-04, 04:57 PM
I'm still recovering from Doom3. Great game, just doesn't offer much beyond the initial play.

According to what I'm reading HL2 will be playable on pretty basic PC hardware. Most gamers will already have hardware that will run it in a playable form. If you want all the eye candy the new Nvidia 6600 cards will supply that for about $160 (although you'll have to wait for AGP cards unless you have PCI express).

cart7
11-09-04, 05:34 PM
A number of kids in the neighborhood took the day off school in order to play their copy they had reserved in advance. My son is at the mall as we speak picking up his copy. I'm sure he'll be planted in front of a TV for the next 6 months.

racer2c
11-09-04, 05:57 PM
I'm not interested in games like Halo (all I play are racing games), but if it sells more Xboxes, I'm all for it.

r2c, just wait until Forza Motorsport (http://xbox.ign.com/objects/682/682857.html) comes out. Word is this could be a Gran Turismo 4 killer. :cool:

Thanks for the heads up Sean, I'll check that one out. I was just talking with a co-worker about the lack of quality racers for the Xbox.

Ankf00
11-09-04, 06:58 PM
xbox is 150 at walmart with some chump game + ncaa football 2005

so i'm getting xbox for 100, and my game :D woohoo!

now i can finally use the japanese xbox controller i have, and the ncaa football 2003 i have :rofl: from junior year (roommates with expensives toys are cool, especially when they have lots of them)

Clown
11-09-04, 11:31 PM
I've been playing Halo2 for a fortnight :p
The ending really really sucks :shakehead

Ankf00
11-14-04, 04:21 AM
picked up the xbox, came with 3 games actually, and the tennis game is pretty fun

so, for the next 2 weeks, I imagine post counts by cork and myself shall trickle to nil as Texas Football summarily pounds those Cal-Berkeley hippies into the ground over xbox live :D

Sean O'Gorman
11-14-04, 12:59 PM
picked up the xbox, came with 3 games actually, and the tennis game is pretty fun

so, for the next 2 weeks, I imagine post counts by cork and myself shall trickle to nil as Texas Football summarily pounds those Cal-Berkeley hippies into the ground over xbox live :D

Meanwhile my post count will double, from bragging about how badly I'll be owning you guys at Project Gotham 2. :cool:

Ankf00
11-14-04, 04:57 PM
Meanwhile my post count will double, from bragging about how badly I'll be owning you guys at Project Gotham 2. :cool:
yaaaaaa...

about that...

Halo 2, bitch. no time for you.

Ankf00
11-14-04, 07:40 PM
indycar 2005 looked too good at 20 bucks on best buy's shelves...

it's actually a really good game, very realistic, passing is cake, and the cars really fly, i can see why ppl like the IRL, it's really coming around...

ok, I lied, I saw it on the shelf, laughed, and walked off :D

Dr. Corkski
11-17-04, 11:03 PM

so, for the next 2 weeks, I imagine post counts by cork and myself shall trickle to nil as Texas Football summarily pounds those Cal-Berkeley hippies into the ground over xbox live :DCal 27, UT 7. I was actually embarassed that I allowed that TD. :D

Ankf00
11-17-04, 11:06 PM
4 turnovers to none :saywhat: