PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid Mario to F1?

rabbit
11-09-04, 02:31 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/13842/

DISCLAIMER: Reference to post subject's intellectual capacity, or lack thereof, may not reflect the poster's actual view of said intellectual capacity, or lack thereof. (It's just a nickname, guys.)

/Mario D. fan
//laughing at the thought of what will be going through FAF's mind when he hears about this. :laugh: :rofl:

RaceGrrl
11-09-04, 02:35 PM
You know, since stupid Adrian Fernandez defected and took the Yen, I don't think we should call Dominguez "stoopid Mario" anymore. Seems to me like he's a helluva lot smarter than stoopid Adrian is.

rabbit
11-09-04, 02:43 PM
You know, since stupid Adrian Fernandez defected and took the Yen, I don't think we should call Dominguez "stoopid Mario" anymore. Seems to me like he's a helluva lot smarter than stoopid Adrian is.Say it with a mocking tone, as in, "Who's the stoopid one now, Adrian?"

Tim
11-09-04, 03:01 PM
Dominguez would get smoked if he went to F1. Better to stay here and fight for the occaisonal podium than to cross the pond and get embarrassed.

racer2c
11-09-04, 03:11 PM
It's all pre Cancun buzz. I doubt we'll see him in anything but a test, but it will be enough to get his countrymen reading about the race and buying tickets.

chop456
11-09-04, 03:20 PM
"Come on down and get an autograph from Mexico's 3rd favorite driver and pick up some tickets for a race that will never happen!"

Steve99
11-09-04, 03:48 PM
"Come on down and get an autograph from Mexico's 3rd favorite driver and pick up some tickets for a race that will never happen!"
That sounds like a Fred Nation quote.

Sean O'Gorman
11-09-04, 04:00 PM
It is probably just an attempt to court Mexican sponsors for the Midland team, but I was told by someone last year at this time that Mario badly wanted to go to F1, but had sponsors trying to pull him towards IRL (he flat out refused).

Wheel-Nut
11-09-04, 06:14 PM
//laughing at the thought of what will be going through FAF's mind when he hears about this. :laugh: :rofl:

Inside FAF's head: But I was told the irl is the next step to F1?!

nrc
11-09-04, 06:46 PM
At his age I doubt that FAF had any F1 delusions left, but I'm sure he believed that Honda's plot to pull Rahal and him out at the last minute would break Champ car's back and that he would be back to racing in Mexico by now.

theunions
11-09-04, 06:46 PM
but I was told by someone last year at this time that Mario badly wanted to go to F1

I recall he was angling for a Sauber (IIRC) test seat at the time.

RTKar
11-09-04, 06:51 PM
Saw something a few days ago on one of the Spanish language channels. The guy was doing sports and had Mario's picture along with "F1"...since I don't speak Spanish, I don't know the details... More interesting to me was the fact a local TV station ran a non-NASCAR racing story. I've seen them do other F1 and Champcar stories too... :thumbup: What I don't understand, is where's the marketing to the local Hispanic community? If the local Spanish stations cover it, someone must be interested .

Ankf00
11-09-04, 07:00 PM
mario in F1 ? :rofl: :rofl:

oh well, can't be any worse than dr. corksk... i mean Alex Yoong

mueber
11-09-04, 08:56 PM
If he gets a chance, he gotta try it. Best wishes to him.

Robstar
11-09-04, 09:06 PM
If he gets a chance, he gotta try it. Best wishes to him.

Yeah, good luck if it happens...

TedN
11-29-04, 08:11 PM
Looks like it's gonna happen in 2006. (http://www.gp2004.com/index.php?lang=uk)

Ted

pchall
11-29-04, 08:26 PM
Hector Rebaque had a better chance.

Winston Wolfe
11-29-04, 10:31 PM
It is probably just an attempt to court Mexican sponsors for the Midland team, but I was told by someone last year at this time that Mario badly wanted to go to F1, but had sponsors trying to pull him towards IRL (he flat out refused).

I keep thinking that the team's name should be "Middlin", as in "fair to middlin" which should pretty accurately describe Mario's driving style.
Anyone else gettin' it....
Hello?.... Bueller, Bueller..... :gomer: