PDA

View Full Version : SeaBass' Champ Bonus Cash

Winston Wolfe
11-08-04, 11:01 PM
I heard several times during the race broadcast that SeaBass (or whoever would be Champ) was going to get a $750,000 Bonus for being Champ Car Champion.... so if I heard that correctly, I have a question.

Although it probably depends on contracts and this and that, my question is: How much do you think SeaBass actually sees on his check, besides the part that Uncle Sam takes ("That Uncle Sam sure takes a bite, don't he?" - 'Raising Arizona' movie)....

Do you think that the check goes to the team, or is it intended for the driver?

I realize there are many twists and turns in a contract and how much they actually make, but I was just thinking that as an added incentive to being the #1 guy in CCWS, and getting to drive with the coveted #1 on your rig the following year, what kind of extra "cash-ish" does the guy get to spend on his lady friend ?

Anyone, anyone !

(I hope the dood gets enough extra jack, so that he can step up and get in touch with PT's LASIK guy so he can ditch the spectacles for next year ! :p )

Clown
11-09-04, 11:27 PM
The team will take its cut too....

Beevis
11-10-04, 12:05 PM
As a general rule, all the prize money is paid to the official entrant ie, the team. Then the driver's cut is paid according to what the contract spells out.

JoeBob
11-10-04, 02:02 PM
The purse money usually goes to the team, and is then split up between the drivers, crew and owner.

Purse money probably has more of an impact for the mechanics than the drivers.

eric1
11-11-04, 12:08 PM
I've heard a typical split is 60/40 Team/Driver

gjc2
11-11-04, 06:46 PM
I've heard a typical split is 60/40 Team/Driver

In the days when the entire purse was put up by the event promoter some of the prize money may have gone to the sanctioning body. I think USAC used to get a few percent.

George

denith
11-13-04, 01:31 PM
Somewhere I think I read that Sebby get's about $750,000 in his salary. Then sometimes the team keeps all the prize money, and other times it's shared.

I thought the champion's purse was a million dollars... Or was that only when they had The 500?