PDA

View Full Version : Wow...awesome...

RHR_Fan
11-08-04, 07:09 PM
All of these guys were so worthy of it, it was hard to choose.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2004/By400/20041107P_0065.jpg

Congrats Ryan!!!

~Nicole

nrc
11-08-04, 08:24 PM
Congrats to Ryan! Any one of the nominees would have been worthy of the award this year.

Anyone know if Ryan has a contract for next year? He has a new agent with a known lust for Honda-bucks.

tllips
11-08-04, 10:52 PM
Rick Benjamin said that RHR and Mario would be back with Team Herdez albeit with new sponsorship. I heard this during the telecast of the race. I even backed up the Tivo to make sure I heard it right.

nrc
11-09-04, 01:38 AM
Robin Miller said on Windbag tonight that Ganassi is trying to sign Hunter-Reay for his third car next year. I hope the new sponsor for the Herdez team has some salary money to spend.

theunions
11-09-04, 03:58 PM
Rick Benjamin said that RHR and Mario would be back with Team Herdez albeit with new sponsorship. I heard this during the telecast of the race. I even backed up the Tivo to make sure I heard it right.

From the SpeedTV article quoted in the Mario to F1 thread:

Wiggins remains optimistic that the team will continue, however. “I’d be lying to you if I told you it’s cut and dried,” he said. “But we’re moving forward on the sponsorship side of things. There are two more years remaining on Mario’s contract. We’d like to maintain continuity and have Ryan [Hunter-Reay] back, but there are money issues.”

tllips
11-09-04, 04:10 PM
Apparently, Benjamin may have been talking out his arse. Oh well, I still hope RHR is back next year!

Amanda B.'s Mom
11-11-04, 07:20 PM
Congrats to RHR. Hope to see him back with herdez next year. Wiggins is one of the few team Managment people who tells it like it is. I know they are working hard to ensure RHR returns. I also think RHR would ttell Chip what he could do with his money (unless this is his only option).

wood-eye
11-12-04, 10:18 PM
Sent Ryan a email congratulations on his award but got sent to his spam pile! Anyway, my hope is that he stays in Champ Car for the obvious reasons..

Look at the following link for a couple of my favorite Ryan/Milwaukee pictures:

[http://home.earthlink.net/~icfc/ryaninmilwaukee/

BNica
11-13-04, 05:39 PM
Nothing against Ryan, but the only driver that deserves an award named after Greg was clealry Michel Jourdain Jr., whose resistance to going over the dark side saved the series. He turned down a paying gig for the first time in his career, with a top notch team, EARL or no EARL. He instead chose to stay with a new team that expanded at the last moment to make room for him. Not only that, he had a miserable season and did not bitch about it, and put up with a hell of a lot of flack from the FAF-owned, Kool Aid brigade in the Mexican media. IMO that is the kind of character that is deserving of an award.
Now if RHR goes EARLing.............. :flame:

Dirty Sanchez
11-13-04, 05:46 PM
Awards are lame... I'm sure the paper its holding down is happy. :gomer:

RHR_Fan
11-13-04, 07:30 PM
If ANYONE in Champ Car is smart, they'll have RHR in a car next year.

~Nicole

swift
11-14-04, 09:11 PM
Nothing against Ryan, but the only driver that deserves an award named after Greg was clealry Michel Jourdain Jr., whose resistance to going over the dark side saved the series. He turned down a paying gig for the first time in his career, with a top notch team, EARL or no EARL. He instead chose to stay with a new team that expanded at the last moment to make room for him. Not only that, he had a miserable season and did not bitch about it, and put up with a hell of a lot of flack from the FAF-owned, Kool Aid brigade in the Mexican media. IMO that is the kind of character that is deserving of an award.

hey BN,

i totally applaud michel's commitment to ccws (i nominated him for man of the year on that other site's member's only forum)
BUT...
as influential as that action was, it consisted as a series of phone calls and faxes from his agent's office weeks before the green flag dropped at long beach. the GM award is supposed to represent the best in on-track performance and off-track sportsmanship. only those of us who are present in the drivers meetings and are privvy to the conversations between drivers could say whether RHR or MJ better embodies the spirit of greg moore. hypothetically speaking, for all we know michel could've been a prissy little *****, acting like the drivers "owed" him for saving the series. (just hyperbole, i don't personally believe this was the case)

i respect the drivers' decision to give the award to RHR based on the established criteria. giving it to MJ for his defiance of the IRL would have been more of a sentimental/political choice and doesn't necessarily address the reasons why the award was created.

fourrunner
11-15-04, 06:10 PM
All of these guys were so worthy of it, it was hard to choose.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2004/By400/20041107P_0065.jpg

Congrats Ryan!!!

~Nicole

Now if he does go IRL'ing ....

Will this guy look good in a Dress with Lipsick & Spiked heels playing grabass with the other ambiguous drivers over there on a Disney Cruise?

RHR_Fan
11-15-04, 08:05 PM
This thread isn't about who should have won it or RHR going away. This is about him winning this awesome award.

So congrats again to you Ryan!!! :) :thumbup:

~Nicole