PDA

View Full Version : sosa trade rumors

CART T. Katz
11-08-04, 02:14 AM
reports are that the cubs and the dodgers are interested in a deal. la gets sosa, cubs get shawn green.

if this happens i do it. not only do we get a better (in my opinion) defensive player, we get a team guy and a left handed power hitter for a moody oft-strikeout selfish guy who can hit homeruns.

anyone see where what side i'm on in this deal?

Ankf00
11-08-04, 02:16 AM
:laugh:

how quickly you guys turn on who used to be your hero

CART T. Katz
11-08-04, 02:50 AM
i never considered him a hero, to be fair.

sure he hit the hell out of the ball. but when he showed up an hour before the last game and left 15 minutes after first pitch, while selfishly refusing to move down the lineup for the good of the team, you have to go. sammy is no longer the main attraction of the team anymore and it's pissing him off that he isn't anymore.

chop456
11-08-04, 03:05 AM
He's a cancer in the clubhouse and needs to leave. Hopefully the Dodgers have a spot for someone with split personality disorder who strikes out every third at bat, has no glove and hits around .250 :D

Next.

Dr. Corkski
11-08-04, 03:54 AM
I am sure Nomar is ready to take over as the team cancer.

It's so real!

chop456
11-08-04, 04:45 AM
I am sure Nomar is ready to take over as the team cancer.

It's so real!

All part of the master plan. When the Cubs dump Nomar, they win the series the next year. It works.

RTKar
11-08-04, 07:33 AM
If I was a Cub, I'd want him gone just so I wouldn't have to listen to his boom box in the club house. His 15 minutes are up.

chop456
11-08-04, 08:12 AM
If I was a Cub, I'd want him gone just so I wouldn't have to listen to his boom box in the club house. His 15 minutes are up.

He'll have to get a new one. Kerry Wood pulverized his boom box with a bat after he walked out of the last game. :D

RTKar
11-08-04, 08:45 AM
He'll have to get a new one. Kerry Wood pulverized his boom box with a bat after he walked out of the last game. :D

Kerry Wood for team captain. I'm tired of watching Sosa screw himself into the ground on strike three. No steroids, no cork....No Good.

IlliniRacer
11-08-04, 11:21 AM

how quickly you guys turn on who used to be your hero

I was also a huge Michael Andretti fan at one time in my life. I got rid of all of my #6 crap, I can get rid of my #21 crap too.

Jervis Tetch 1
11-08-04, 11:47 AM
Ank's right on here.

Although I'm no longer a Cub fan, I still like Sosa despite his new-found bi-polar disorder.

As for the rumored trade? If the Cubs don't pull the trigger on this now, I'm convinced they don't EVER want to win.

Green's swing would go great with ivy-covered walls.

dando
11-08-04, 02:21 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooo! :shakehead

-Tommy Lasorda

jcollins28
11-08-04, 06:17 PM
Why on earth would the Dodgers do this? Are the Dodgers playing Fantasy Baseball or something?

Dave99
11-08-04, 10:58 PM
The Modesi-for-Green trade is actually paying dividends.

What does an aged Sosa have to offer the Dodgers?

So naturally, it makes perfect sense for the Dodgers to trade these two. Might as well throw some cash into the deal, too! :saywhat:

CART T. Katz
11-09-04, 02:00 AM
makes sense to me. after all, they did trade mark grudzielanek and eric karros to the cubs for todd hundley.