PDA

View Full Version : new mustang commercial

rosawendel
11-07-04, 07:27 PM
anyone seen it yet?

a man looks over his cornfield. voice over, whispering: "if you build it, he will come".

the man heeds the call and builds.... a road course in his cornfield, complete with lights, and a hand-painted start/finish line. then he goes to his barn to get... one of the new mustangs. he drives it to the start / finish line, gets out, looks up the straight, and a man comes out of the corn. it's steve mcqueen! dressed up in his bullitt garb (clipped from the movie, no doubt), he (pretty seamlessly) takes the keys, gets behind the wheel, and takes the first lap.

good stuff. i'd say if it was on the superbowl, id've picked it as the best.

Clown
11-07-04, 09:46 PM
Hey Ford: Leave Steve alone :rolleyes: :shakehead

theunions
11-07-04, 10:40 PM
I found it technically good but philosophically cheesy...still, much easier to swallow than Wrangler using McQueen (via Sheryl Crow) to pimp stock car racing. :shakehead

Railbird
11-07-04, 10:41 PM
Tell Sheryl Crow and whatever Lil' E pimpin' blue jean company to leave Steve alone too.

Steve McQueen was waaaay too cool for any of these pikers.

Railbird
11-07-04, 10:42 PM
you type quicker than me unions.. ;)

FTG
11-07-04, 10:56 PM
Ford does an ad with a road course instead of an oval and you complain?
You ungrateful #$%#$##s. Would you prefer Honda and Toyota crap wagon ads? Or yet another ad with dale jr going around in a circle?

nrc
11-08-04, 01:23 AM
I thought it was cool. As dead celebrity ads go it's respectful of McQueen's persona and legacy. It's not like Fred Astaire dancing around with a Dirt Devil.

Michaelhatesfans
11-08-04, 03:36 AM
good stuff. i'd say if it was on the superbowl, id've picked it as the best.
You mean it was even better than this?
http://www.mustangii.net/boredom_commercial.asp

:p

Steve99
11-08-04, 01:21 PM
much easier to swallow than Wrangler using McQueen (via Sheryl Crow) to pimp stock car racing. :shakehead

That Wrangler commercial pisses me off every time I see it. :mad:

JLMannin
11-08-04, 01:32 PM
I thought it was cool. As dead celebrity ads go it's respectful of McQueen's persona and legacy. It's not like Fred Astaire dancing around with a Dirt Devil.
Is there such a commercial?

nrc
11-08-04, 02:49 PM
Is there such a commercial?

Yep, it was a Super Bowl spot from a while back.

racer2c
11-08-04, 03:42 PM
I saw a trailer full of new Mustangs in V6 trim. Wasn't impressed, but I'm sure the GT's and Cobra's will look more like the show car. I've always hated V6 versions of Mustangs and Camaro's. Why bother, well besides that 3 out of every 5 were V6's. :thumdown:

nrc
11-08-04, 04:24 PM
I saw a trailer full of new Mustangs in V6 trim. Wasn't impressed, but I'm sure the GT's and Cobra's will look more like the show car. I've always hated V6 versions of Mustangs and Camaro's. Why bother, well besides that 3 out of every 5 were V6's. :thumdown:

The current V6 makes more power than V8 versions did not so very long ago. The secretary versions have always kept the mark healthy to provide a platform for enthusiast versions. That has been the case since 1964.

racer2c
11-08-04, 04:38 PM
The current V6 makes more power than V8 versions did not so very long ago. The secretary versions have always kept the mark healthy to provide a platform for enthusiast versions. That has been the case since 1964.

Understood, what I was referring to was that I don't like the look of secretary V6's.

TedN
11-19-04, 08:25 PM
The new Mustang commercial was filmed in Canada. Story here (http://www.cgchannel.com/news/viewfeature.jsp?newsid=3573)

Ted

devilmaster
11-19-04, 10:14 PM
According to a DetNews article here (http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0410/14/b01-303194.htm) , they modeled the track on Willow springs.

Steve

Insomniac
11-20-04, 12:15 PM
Tivo owners (maybe only DTV) have an extended version and making of feature in their showcases.

dando
11-21-04, 10:59 PM
I actually like the spot I caught today where the Mustang 'plays' the Star Spangled Banner. They use various engine sounds as the music. :thumbup:

-Kevin

cart7
11-22-04, 02:58 PM
I was in a Ford dealership over the weekend milling about while my wife bought a new Taurus. As a previous owner of a '69 Mach 1 Mustang, I can say that I haven't seen a Mustang put out by Ford in 34 years that'd I'd say really lit that fire in me that the old pre-1970 Mustangs did.

This new car finally lit the fire. The car is quite worthy of carrying the Mustang name in my book. V6 and all, I'd love to own one. :thumbup:

RichK
11-22-04, 03:13 PM
I was in a Ford dealership over the weekend milling about while my wife bought a new Taurus. As a previous owner of a '69 Mach 1 Mustang, I can say that I haven't seen a Mustang put out by Ford in 34 years that'd I'd say really lit that fire in me that the old pre-1970 Mustangs did.

This new car finally lit the fire. The car is quite worthy of carrying the Mustang name in my book. V6 and all, I'd love to own one. :thumbup:

I just read the Road & Track article about the new Mustang. I must admit, this is the first time I'm interested in an American car (other than Corvette dreams). It's a clean sheet design, no more Fairmont GT!

Anteater
11-27-04, 05:48 PM
I haven't seen this commercial yet; however, as of this morning, I have seen a 2005 Mustang! I was at an informal car show that takes place in a nearby shopping-center parking lot every Saturday morning--quite an interesting variety of about 40 cars today, ranging from a '30s coupe to '05 Corvettes. A silver '05 Saleen Mustang pulled in and parked, and literally EVERYONE ran over to it and stood around it, wearing goofy smiles (like this :D). It was hilarious! The driver turned out to be Steve Saleen himself--that was pretty cool. He answered questions about the car for quite a while, then went off to admire the other cars.