PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou to the 3 amigos for this past season

DjDrOmusic
11-07-04, 12:21 PM
Whether or not they lurk our humble forum, I know there are people in the office that do, so please pass this along, Thankyou for saving the "fans" series, for spending the money to make this year happen, for making TG look like a bigger @$$, and for giving us hope for the future. The announcement of a schedule for next year already, the prospect of a former champion returning, a young American Rookie of the Year, who looks like he could challenge for a title soon, these and many more positive things have me looking forward with anticipation instead of dreading the next announcement, as in years past. I still have faith, and hope that some circuits that have fallen off the schedule will eventually return. With all respect and heartfelt appreciation I thankyou.

Winston Wolfe
11-07-04, 12:41 PM
Whether or not they lurk our humble forum, I know there are people in the office that do, so please pass this along, Thankyou for saving the "fans" series, for spending the money to make this year happen, for making TG look like a bigger @$$, and for giving us hope for the future. The announcement of a schedule for next year already, the prospect of a former champion returning, a young American Rookie of the Year, who looks like he could challenge for a title soon, these and many more positive things have me looking forward with anticipation instead of dreading the next announcement, as in years past. I still have faith, and hope that some circuits that have fallen off the schedule will eventually return. With all respect and heartfelt appreciation I thankyou.

Ditto.
What a year for actual RACING, and for a chance to some to really show their stuff ("Dinger), and yeah, some who disappointed (PT - up to his old tricks), and some who finally are getting some recognition (SeaBass).
Some really decent on track action, and the fact remains that we just need to get a decent TV package.
Thanks to the 3 AMigos !!!! :thumbup: :D

SteveH
11-07-04, 01:15 PM
Amen. I'm actually going into the off-season full of hope. Looking forward to next year instead of wondering if there will be a next year. :thumbup:

cart7
11-07-04, 01:30 PM
This season certainly came off a lot better than I ever thought. With negotiations on a new TV contract, a schedule in advance, things seem to be really looking up for a change. Thanks CCWS guys. :thumbup: :cool:

Kiwifan
11-07-04, 01:58 PM
Thank you so much from this Kiwifan and his family. Champ Cars are my passion and if the vibes coming out of Surfers are even half true then I am very secure in the knowledge that you guys are in for the long haul.

I appreciate all of the hard work and money that you have thrown at our Series. Rest assured, there are some very happy fans because of it!

For the first few years I regarded the IRL as "just being there and of no interest" but when TG decided to bring his hammer and chequebook to work it got personal real quick. That some of our former Team Owners have gone to the Darkside and have been quite derogatory about the Series that made them leaves me with a loathing for them.

Back on Topic, what the Good Dr said above, thanks Dj. :thumbup:

Rusty.

Jag_Warrior
11-07-04, 02:03 PM
Yeah, a BIG thanks is in order. I don't like ovals, and the only race I got to go to was an oval... in the desert... at night (LATE at night!). And I had a great time!

That race only happened because they decided to take a chance, and spend their own coin to make it happen. It wasn't perfect (did I mention LATE at night?!). The aero package needs to be tweaked for less downforce next year. The officiating SUCKED - what's new there? But they proved there is a market for Champ Cars on ovals... if done right. Short of a crisis, that's a race that I plan to take in next year... and the year after.

Also, I never thought I'd ever have a kind word to say about Paulie G. But he's part of the team now. Great job by all those guys! This will be the first off-season in how many that there will be no death watch over this series? In fact, things look pretty decent for next year.

Great job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

oddlycalm
11-07-04, 03:43 PM
It has been a great season indeed considering it wasn't supposed to happen. Things weren't perfect by any means, but considering what might have been this season has to go in the success column. My thanks go to the management for taking some calculated risks, making decisions that had to be made, and for being good poker players when some bluffs needed to be called.

oc

Railbird
11-07-04, 05:38 PM
All things considered it was much better than I thought it would be.

Big Thanks to The Three Amigos.

Tip of the hat to Pollock for bringing KK into the mix.

and of course we can't forget Judge Otte.

spinner26
11-07-04, 06:22 PM
I give a very big THANK YOU! as some of you know I considered going to the dark side to stay in racing because I thought maybe that is where the "future" was. Well I can tell you that as the season has gone on and the changes have been made morale is great through out the shop and the series as a whole. Lets count together the days til the yen ends the vision and CCWS prospers.

pkvracing12
11-07-04, 08:23 PM
OWRS FRIGGIN ROCKS!! CHAMPCAR FOR LIFE!

Sean O'Gorman
11-07-04, 09:03 PM
Agreed, thanks for 2004, and of course, 2005. Just remember who your fans are and where they want to see races!!!! :)

JoeBob
11-07-04, 09:42 PM
Very classy of them to pass along a "thank you" to the fans during the race.

Thanks to those guys. It wasn't always pretty, and there were a lot of doubters, but they got the job done - and a lot better than anyone thought they would.

Ratattack
11-07-04, 10:18 PM
I will say Thankyou to the Dudes that made this year a little better.. :cool:

2005 will Rock the World.. :cool:

KLang
11-08-04, 10:28 AM
Thank you very much!

I feel much more optimistic about the future of ChampCar now then I did a year ago. :cool:

ps. FTG!

jonovision_man
11-08-04, 10:36 AM
I feel much more optimistic about the future of ChampCar now then I did a year ago. :cool:

Given that CART was on the verge of bankruptcy and the entire season was in question, I would hope so! :)

Anyway, it wasn't perfect in 2004 by any stretch but it was more of a season than I expected. Good on them for pulling it off. Looks like there's more stable ground ahead for 2005, let's hope they can get this thing back where it belongs.

jono

RaceChic
11-08-04, 11:39 AM
I'm just grateful that we have the ability to even say "Thank-You" for this season. Just so grateful.... :thumbup:

Old3Fan
11-08-04, 11:54 AM
2004 was GREAT. :thumbup: 2005 will be BETTER. :thumbup:
Thanks 3Amigo's. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
11-08-04, 12:41 PM
Ditto!

When KK and the others stepped forward to save the sport I knew their hearts and minds were in the right place because of something that happened at Cleveland two years ago.

My son and I were watching a gear change and KK insisted that I take my young son behind the rope in his teams paddock to take a picture of him with the crew and car. He was absolutely proud of his operation and wanted fans to be equally excited.

ChampcarShark
11-08-04, 12:47 PM
Me 2,

Thank You 3 Amigos for a great season. Looking forward to 2005.

M-O Dude
11-08-04, 01:20 PM
All things considered it was much better than I thought it would be.

Big Thanks to The Three Amigos.

Tip of the hat to Pollock for bringing KK into the mix.

and of course we can't forget Judge Otte.

can't forget the Pookster either.

mueber
11-08-04, 01:54 PM
and real racing shall not perish from the earth

Thanks guys see you next season

RTKar
11-08-04, 07:54 PM
...I thought we weren't supposed to call them "amigos"?....however, since the last race was in Mexico.... thanks to the 3 Amigos.

Dave99
11-08-04, 11:39 PM
Thanks to Kevin, Gerry and Paul for rescuing a liability that was CART and transforming into an asset that is ChampCar- all for our benefit. :thumbup:

They've done more in one year than...well I'll just leave it at Thanks! ;)

Rogue Leader
11-09-04, 12:58 AM
Thanks 3 amigos!

manic mechanic
11-09-04, 01:27 AM
As if it hasn't been said in this thread already..

Thank you, gentlemen.

A special thanks to KK for being so outgoing and fan-friendly. There wasn't a question he was asked (when I was in earshot) that he didn't answer with complete honesty. Ya gotta love it! :thumbup:

Can't wait for 2005 :D

manic

girlsRfast2
11-09-04, 11:45 AM
PG, KK, GF, you guys RULE!

Also, thanks to the drivers who chose wisely.