PDA

View Full Version : CDM hoping for return

dando
11-06-04, 01:14 AM
linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?id=1917174)

MEXICO CITY -- The familiar face of a former series champion graced the Champ Car paddock in Mexico City on Friday. And if Cristiano da Matta and Carl Haas have their way, the Brazilian ace will return full-time to the category of racing he dominated in 2002 in an expanded three-car Newman/Haas lineup.

Naturally, it's all contingent upon finding sponsorship. "I think there is a good chance for it to happen but with these deals you never know until everything is signed," da Matta said. "I have other options for next year but what I want to do is run here with Newman/Haas.

:thumbup:

-Kevin

spinner26
11-06-04, 09:43 AM
Remember Team Green with Dashly, Tacey, and Michelle? Could be interesting with three drivers who think they are the best. Hope it happens though, CCWS back on track moving forward as the yen drives earl out of business.

Anteater
11-06-04, 12:06 PM
I hope it happens! :thumbup: :D

RaceGrrl
11-06-04, 02:17 PM
I'd like to see DaMatta race against Bourdais and AJ. Next year will be interesting if this happens. Who will you cheer for then, Anteater?

oddlycalm
11-06-04, 02:29 PM
Who will you cheer for then, Anteater? :D Ah yes, the proverbial embarassmemt of riches.

oc

Anteater
11-06-04, 08:50 PM
:D Ah yes, the proverbial embarassmemt of riches.

oc

No kidding--it's a problem I'd love to have! :D