PDA

View Full Version : fonda following yoda out the door

SurfaceUnits
11-06-04, 12:40 AM
From an article dated 11/15/03:
"But Toyota sources added a twist - Honda is considering an expansion with a U.S. truck-building operation, which could open the door to a Honda on NASCAR's truck tour, too."

Link (http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031772120138&path=!sports&s=1037645509200)

Autoweek 11-03-04
Honda announced details of its new Ridgeline truck this week at SEMA.

http://www.autoweek.com/images/news/101170

Honda’s all-new 4-door, 4WD truck will be named the Ridgeline when it goes on-sale at Honda dealerships nationwide in Spring 2005 as a 2006 model.

Honda announced the Ridgeline name at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturer’s Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas, where it displayed an updated concept version of the truck with a new paint scheme, revised suspension and new wheel and tire package. The production Ridgeline will make its world debut at the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit next January.

Wabbit
11-06-04, 01:31 AM
That truck looks Fugly. The gomers will probably like it though.

dando
11-06-04, 02:00 AM
Gads! If that's a TRUCK, where's the freakin' bed? Looks more like an El Camino on 'roids (or and Avalanche) to me. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
11-06-04, 02:45 AM
Who cares what it looks like, what is important is that it causes them to leave the IRL hanging without an engine supplier.

cart7
11-06-04, 09:52 AM
Building collapse survivor
Then, as he reached the 22nd floor, the building shook, stairs started to heave. It sounded to Buzzelli like heavy objects were being dropped right above his head. The sound got louder, closer. He dove into a corner. “I felt the walls next to me crack and buckle on top of me,” he says. Suddenly, he seemed to be in free fall, and the walls seemed to separate and move away from him.

Cut to the top floor of the Bombardier pagoda:

Fred Nation - "There it is, theres that sound again. Did you hear it?"

TG - "uhhhh, what sound? I didn't hear anything."

FN - "I swear, the last 3 days I keep hearing this sound that keeps getting louder and louder"

TG - "Have you been messing around with your medication levels again Fred? Ignore it, it's probably nothing. Now, you got a 4 so that means you landed here, now you have to slide down this chute way back to here. That's too bad. Now it's my turn to spin."

Ankf00
11-06-04, 02:59 PM
just when you thought no one could make an uglier truck than nissan, here comes honda

Dave99
11-06-04, 04:49 PM
:gomer: sweeeeeeet :gomer:

manic mechanic
11-06-04, 05:03 PM
just when you thought no one could make an uglier truck than nissan, here comes honda

Evidently you haven't seen the 2005 Frontier...Not nearly as fugly as the "we just took the bolts out" fascia they gave the '03-'04 model.

manic

BTW, I wonder of NASCAR will "extend" Honda the same courtesy in the engine department that they did Toyota (go in to any 'yoda dealership and look for a pushrod V-8 in a Tundra...). :rofl:

manic

Ankf00
11-06-04, 07:26 PM
Evidently you haven't seen the 2005 Frontier...Not nearly as fugly as the "we just took the bolts out" fascia they gave the '03-'04 model.

manic

BTW, I wonder of NASCAR will "extend" Honda the same courtesy in the engine department that they did Toyota (go in to any 'yoda dealership and look for a pushrod V-8 in a Tundra...). :rofl:

manic

have you seen the Titan?

my Lego concoctions from back in the day look better than that monstrosity

DaveL
11-06-04, 07:32 PM
It looks like the Canyonero. Maybe they can get Krusty to endorse it.

Sean O'Gorman
11-06-04, 07:36 PM
Can you name the truck with four wheel drive,
smells like a steak and seats thirty-five..

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down,
It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown!

Canyonero! (Yah!) Canyonero!
[Krusty:] Hey Hey

The Federal Highway comission has ruled the
Canyonero unsafe for highway or city driving.

Canyonero!

12 yards long, 2 lanes wide,
65 tons of American Pride!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Top of the line in utility sports,
Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!

Canyonero! Canyonero! (Yah!)

She blinds everybody with her super high beams,
She's a squirrel crushing, deer smacking, driving machine!

Canyonero!-oh woah, Canyonero! (Yah!)

Drive Canyonero!

Woah Canyonero!

Woah!