PDA

View Full Version : As it's the last race of the season how about some Fabio bashing.

Chiphead_Dave
11-05-04, 04:44 PM
1 P. Tracy 1 Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone 1:29.038 112.644 181.282
2 S. Bourdais 2 Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone 1:29.098 112.568 181.160 0.060
3 B. Junqueira 6 Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone 1:29.105 112.559 181.146 0.067 0.007

18 M. Valiante 15 Ford-Cosworth/Reynard/Bridgestone 1:32.340 108.616 174.800 3.302 0.112
19 N. Philippe 14 Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone 1:34.404 106.241 170.978 5.366 2.064 :shakehead

DFL where he deserves to be in second practice

5+ seconds off the pace and 2+ seconds behind the 2nd to last.

What a wanker.

Wabbit
11-05-04, 05:53 PM
Well, someone has to be last.

KLang
11-05-04, 05:57 PM
14th in first qualifying.

One ahead of Vasser. :saywhat:

Anteater
11-06-04, 08:54 PM
DFL in final qualifying. :p I see that Jimmy has improved, though.

Railbird
11-06-04, 09:01 PM
The hair farmer bought a seat and for the most part stayed out of the way, no harm no foul imo. The kid's a wanker but then again I remember having this same conversation about Jourdain a few years back on 7thGear.

manic mechanic
11-06-04, 09:02 PM
Is there an over/under bet on how long until he is either lapped or crashed out? :rolleyes:

manic

pferrf1
11-07-04, 12:15 AM
The kid is 17 or 18. Cut him a bit of slack. The hair is bad, and so is his I'm the coolest and I deserver to be here act.

However, I think Rocketsports provided him a really bad car, and Guy Smith is producing results below Phillippes in the same car. Since joining conquest, Phillippe has held his own I think. If you look a the results for the whole weekend, you'll see that he was hovering around 10-12 for modst of the time. Now I am not saying he is the secind coming of Kimi Raikkonen or Jenson Button, but its not shabby for such a young guy, with little experience, on a new track, driving for a modestly funded team. He's also the obly driver to have produced new sponsorship for his car this weekend I see.

I watched him at the track in Australia and I think he performed fairly well. He pressured the guys in front of him well and I didn't see him pull any Tagliani-type blocks on people.

I think his qualifying time is odd today. He must have had reduced track time or had fast laps taken away for causing reds.

Way to go for Vasser, Wilson and Servia though....

nrc
11-07-04, 12:34 AM
The kid is 17 or 18. Cut him a bit of slack. The hair is bad, and so is his I'm the coolest and I deserver to be here act.

No slack. Nobody made him jumped in over his head. Nobody pushed him.

Maybe if he has the money to stick around he can become a decent driver over time. Until then we call a spade a spade.

However, I think Rocketsports provided him a really bad car, and Guy Smith is producing results below Phillippes in the same car.

Gidley had that car in the top ten in both qualifying sessions in Vancouver. It hasn't even had a sniff of the front half of the field since.

EDwardo
11-07-04, 01:48 AM

What a wanker.

Over the course of the season I've noticed he rarely, if ever, uses his push to pass. Maybe he thinks that saving it all year will get him 10 or 15 minutes of it in the last race. Unless the 50 extra horsepower simply scares the crap out of Nancy Boy. He does deserve some credit for mixing it up for most of the season without causing a big mess!

mantom
11-07-04, 02:07 PM
Over the course of the season I've noticed he rarely, if ever, uses his push to pass. Maybe he thinks that saving it all year will get him 10 or 15 minutes of it in the last race. Unless the 50 extra horsepower simply scares the crap out of Nancy Boy. He does deserve some credit for mixing it up for most of the season without causing a big mess!

He probably can't handle the car when it recieves the extra boost. That's a sign of a driver that doesn't belong in the series. Fabio should be in Toyota Atlantics and prove he belongs here before knocking on the door. He's just taking seats away from deserving drivers such as Michael Valiente who's been struggling just to make an appearance, and look - he's doing quite well for a first time out...and outqualified Fabio while driving a Reynard.

tllips
11-07-04, 03:11 PM
He probably can't handle the car when it recieves the extra boost. That's a sign of a driver that doesn't belong in the series. Fabio should be in Toyota Atlantics and prove he belongs here before knocking on the door. He's just taking seats away from deserving drivers such as Michael Valiente who's been struggling just to make an appearance, and look - he's doing quite well for a first time out...and outqualified Fabio while driving a Reynard.

I'm not sure you can say that he is taking seats away from any other drivers. He IS buying his seat. If he didn't buy it, the car would not be in the field.

theunions
11-07-04, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure you can say that he is taking seats away from any other drivers. He IS buying his seat. If he didn't buy it, the car would not be in the field.

Was A. Sperafico buying the seat before him? I know there was sponsorship on the #14 which never appeared on Wilson's #34, but I don't know for a fact if that was personal sponsorship.