PDA

View Full Version : Nations' Cup

jonovision_man
11-05-04, 12:54 PM
Discussing this with some other folks, and was wondering how are the points for this calculated?

The rulebook says:
7.3.3B. Point System: Each nation will be allocated the same number of
points as are scored by the first driver from that nation to be listed in the
official results of each race in the Champ Car World Series. In addition, one
(1) point will be awarded to the nation of the driver that is the fastest qualifier and one (1) point will be awarded the nation declared by the driver that leads the most laps.

But then France has fewer points than Bourdais, which seems to make no sense... so am I correct in my guess that only the race points count, not all the other miscellaneous bonus points, like laps completed and such?

jono

Steve99
11-05-04, 06:49 PM
Based on the rule you posted, it doesn't sound like it counts points for leading a lap, fastest lap, and fastest in first-day qualifying.

skaven
11-07-04, 02:58 AM
But then France has fewer points than Bourdais, which seems to make no sense...

Just guessing, but did Philippe score any points for La France during a race in which Bourdais crashed out? That would give La France more points than Bourdais alone.

jonovision_man
11-07-04, 08:53 PM
Just guessing, but did Philippe score any points for La France during a race in which Bourdais crashed out? That would give La France more points than Bourdais alone.

The problem is the reverse - France has LESS points than Bourdais.

jono

theunions
11-07-04, 10:41 PM
The problem is the reverse - France has LESS points than Bourdais.

Then they probably DEDUCTED for Philippe. :D

L1P1
11-08-04, 08:42 PM
Then they probably DEDUCTED for Philippe. :D

:laugh: Yes, I believe that that's in 7.3.3c.

CARTNUT
11-08-04, 11:40 PM
I thought France was opposed to the Nation's Cup this year, or was that something else? :p

(Was that too political?)