PDA

View Full Version : only in america... er, australia

rosawendel
11-04-04, 12:35 PM
Australian army chopper crew stood down over lewd sign at Indy race (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1516&e=1&u=/afp/20041104/od_afp/australia_army_041104044556)

wonder why we didn't get coverage of this?? ;)

pchall
11-04-04, 12:44 PM
Australian army chopper crew stood down over lewd sign at Indy race (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1516&e=1&u=/afp/20041104/od_afp/australia_army_041104044556)

wonder why we didn't get coverage of this?? ;)

<--- the old reporter in me thinks that the less coverage the better. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
11-04-04, 01:01 PM
http://www.helicopterservice.com.au/photos/pprune/Army%20at%20Play.jpg

Based on my experience with Australians, my best guess is the soldiers are in trouble because the sign simply wasn't big enough to work. :rofl:

Kiwifan
11-04-04, 01:32 PM
The guys in the choppers were flying really low but we just thought it was part of the whole "Indy" show. If I'd known they were lookin' for terrorists I would have felt much safer. :)

Seriously, these guys wern't too bad but the guys in the Sea King? 'copter were making us nervous. When you look out of your stand from the forth row back and they are just above your eye level..... :eek:

Considering most of the guys and some of the gals :p were hoping to catch the same view it's hard to imagine the crew will get into that much trouble.

Rusty, only saw two pair. ;)

anait
11-04-04, 01:41 PM
There are at least five pages of pics available, which you shouldn't click if you're at work. ;)

KLang
11-04-04, 03:31 PM
There are at least five pages of pics available, which you shouldn't click if you're at work. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Ankf00
11-04-04, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. :)
Likewise :) that woulda been automatic termination :eek: :D

cart7
11-04-04, 04:12 PM

I can't seem to find the 5 pages I shouldn't be looking at here at work. Perhaps you could link me so I could warn my co-workers not to accidently stumble upon that site. :gomer:

Cam
11-04-04, 04:15 PM

How come the girl knows this and we guys don't? :saywhat: :D

anait
11-04-04, 04:28 PM
I can't seem to find the 5 pages I shouldn't be looking at here at work. Perhaps you could link me so I could warn my co-workers not to accidently stumble upon that site. :gomer:

Check yer PMs. :D

Wheel-Nut
11-04-04, 04:31 PM

Me either . . . Send the link to me also . . . I just need to . . . ahhh . . . check our firewall here at work!

cart7
11-04-04, 04:32 PM
Thanks. You need to clean yours out. ;)

anait
11-04-04, 04:33 PM
Thanks. You need to clean yours out. ;)

:rofl: Yeah, I'm a message hoarder.

ETA: Slightly less full now. :D

cart7
11-04-04, 04:39 PM
Whew!! Thanks for the link! :) After forcing myself to preview those pictures, I can say that productivity here in the shop has been saved for this day at least. Thanks to yours truely, the shop net nanny. :p

Cam
11-04-04, 04:59 PM
Me either . . . Send the link to me also . . . I just need to . . . ahhh . . . check our firewall here at work!

Yeah... Ahhhh errrr.... me too.... I need to know what URL to put in the block list on the work firewall... ;)

Robstar
11-04-04, 06:40 PM
Seriously, these guys wern't too bad but the guys in the Sea King? 'copter were making us nervous. When you look out of your stand from the forth row back and they are just above your eye level..... :eek:

T'was funny watching Ten News on Sunday night after the race...
There was no mention (at that stage) of the Army antics...
To quote Sandra Sully "... Only a handful of arrests... Huge crowd... clean-up op has begun... Gold Coast City Council along with QLD Government had concerns about choppers flying too low & close to buildings..." :laugh:

Seriously though they were F'n Low... :eek:

Axel
11-04-04, 07:18 PM
Me three :D

linky please

Wally
11-04-04, 10:28 PM
OK please please......me too. :D

manic mechanic
11-05-04, 12:33 AM
Hey T,

I'll forego the payment of "winner's beers" :rofl: for that link by PM... :D

manic

Robstar
11-05-04, 01:55 AM
I'll take a PM too, if they're flying about... please :)

anait
11-05-04, 02:12 AM
Oh, for...y'all should just head over to CW, there's a OT thread over there that has what you're looking for!! :D Man, I got myself into a PM marathon today... :p :laugh:

Robstar
11-05-04, 02:21 AM
Duly noted... cheers :thumbup: :cool:

cart7
11-05-04, 06:36 AM
Oh, for...y'all should just head over to CW, there's a OT thread over there that has what you're looking for!! :D Man, I got myself into a PM marathon today... :p :laugh:

See what you started! :D

Chiphead_Dave
11-05-04, 04:20 PM
Can someone please send me the link as well.

Slow day at work.

Thanks,

Dave