PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here using Friendster?

oddlycalm
10-29-04, 02:24 PM
I was checking out Friendster today after someone approached me to join. Any of you racefans using it, and if so, what's you take on it? It seems like it was originally conceived for young singles (you know who you are), but it also seems like it might be a handy tool for groups of folks with specific interests. It works on the "six degree of separation" premise, but concentrated on the 1st and 2nd degrees i.e. friend of a friend and so on.
Friendster (http://www.friendster.com/)

The guy that invited me to join was one of my long time motorcycle friends who is on the AMA staff (American Motorcyclist Association) which among other things is the largest of the US bike racing sanctioning body. His friends include a pretty big slice of the motorcycle industry including senior people from the various bike and accessory mfg's, distributors, rider organizations and people from various racing teams. Looks interesting, but I don't know a thing about it.

So anyway, what's the word?

oc

Ankf00
10-29-04, 03:09 PM
a BUNCH of my friends started doing that whole thing 2 years ago, I never really got into it, seemed like an easy way to keep tabs on old friends who were moving away and stuff