PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Mexico City viewing..Who's up for it?

manic mechanic
10-28-04, 02:08 AM
OK everybody,

Our "fearless leader" Anaya will be busy at her winter job, so she left it to me (and a few of you) to put this whole deal together.

CART License has offered up a venue, albeit the crew chief will not be there, so it would be up to the guests to plan and provide the food and beverages for the evening. I know the big screen is over 50", and net access in-house is a given.

So what do you say, SoCal? Anyone interested in doing a "community" gig? ;)

Post your thoughts here.

manic

indyfan31
10-28-04, 09:55 AM
I guess it depends on where the "venue" is.

Anteater
10-28-04, 11:58 AM
Indyfan31, CART License lives in Rancho Cucamonga. I haven't been to his place yet, but they tell me it's pretty nice. :) Just don't pet the dog.

We have been saving this date for a Mexico City race party and are up for whatever. :thumbup: :thumbup:

pinniped
10-28-04, 01:58 PM
I would be up for it. As long as I don't have to buy Manic's beer.

indyfan31
10-28-04, 09:37 PM
Sounds ok to me, I have nothing on my calendar, but I'm married so "my" calendar doesn't really carry any weight. I'll check with my social director to sign off on the event.

ncmlj
10-28-04, 09:54 PM
I'm in :rofl: Ya right. Not that I wouldn't be if I lived 2200 miles closer. lol

CART License
10-29-04, 01:24 AM
I'm in.

Dave99
10-29-04, 01:37 AM
Me too, thankyouverymuch. :thumbup:

Let me know what I can bring. :)

ANAYA YATES
10-29-04, 12:00 PM
Thanks you all for taking over while I'm skiing the slopes.

The drive up to Big Bear yesterday was treacherous. It should be much better this weekend. Who would have thunk we would start the season this early?

I'll be on my way back from Mammoth while the Mexico City race is on. I'll give you guys a call so I can "feel" like I'm there with ya! :D

ANAYA YATES

Anteater
10-29-04, 12:19 PM
We'll miss you, Anaya! :cry:

manic, please let me know what I can do to help with the race party.

TravelGal
10-30-04, 08:45 PM
Wish TravelGuy and I could be there but, well, ah, I'm leaving that day for Tahiti. You know: duty calls. TravelGuy will be so overcome with remorse (that he doesn't get to go and see 18 hotels in 7 days, yeah, right) that he will be unable to leave the house. Or so he tells me. ;) Have a great time!

manic mechanic
10-31-04, 01:08 AM
By my count, that's 9 confirmed in attendance. We will have diufficulty raising further interst due to T_G's non-attendance (we'll miss the table dance :rofl: ) but we can't let that deter us from the overall project.

CART License's place has an unbelieveable kitchen, but I wouldn't want to be the one that has to clean it; Therefore, I'd suggest things that won't mess it up too much (pre-prepared or BBQ items solidly meet the criteria) during preparation.

We can do it here on the board,, by e-mail, or by PM, but by all means, CONTRIBUTE to this party if you want something special.

Tell us what you want to eat and drink, folks. My tastes are a bit eccentric, so unless you too could exist on Ahi sashimi and India Pale Ale, (and are willing to split the costs of those "essential" food groups), you'd better SPEAK UP!!!! ;)

Let's get it all on paper, folks...Less than 8 days until the party starts!!!

manic

manic mechanic
10-31-04, 01:11 AM
I would be up for it. As long as I don't have to buy Manic's beer.

Well, you won't have to buy ALL of my beer..Dave99 will be there too! :rofl:

Bring a 12 of Sierra Nevada, and most of your sins will be absolved. :thumbup:

manic

Dave99
10-31-04, 03:34 AM
Hey maniac mechanic, you better hope your drivers have better luck driving than you do with coffee mugs! :D

CARTNUT
10-31-04, 12:53 PM
This place is "one step up" from a dive bar, but the owner is a die hard race fan. :laugh: Just kidding!!!

(Where have I heard that before?)

Sorry guys, the "NUTs won't be able to make it this year. Can't get off work. "Jerkoff" is out on disability again, so we're all working 6 days a week until after Thanksgiving! Catch ya'll later...

...and someone kick "Cujo" for me, will ya? :laugh: (j/k again, (not really!))

'NUT :gomer:

Anteater
10-31-04, 12:58 PM
In honor of the Mexico City location, I will contribute my famous Tamale Pie casserole and some Modelo Especial cerveza. :) I'll prepare the casserole at my home, but then I'll need to heat it for 20 minutes at CART License's place. Is that OK?

CART License
10-31-04, 01:21 PM
Bring it on Ant; I’ve got 24 hours before the boss lady returns home

TravelGal
10-31-04, 07:57 PM
We will have diufficulty raising further interst due to T_G's non-attendance (we'll miss the table dance :rofl: ) but we can't let that deter us from the overall project. manic

AHAAHAAAHAAAHAAA! Damn, I really AM going to miss that get together. Have been wanting to meet Pinniped for years. And Tamale pie sounds too scrumptous. Next year I'll bring my Mexican Pizza. OMG, my mouth is watering!

Ferdman
11-03-04, 01:11 PM
I'd go because I live in the Inland Empire (Loma Linda), but I don't think I can make it back in time. I'll still catch the race on TV. I'll be at a car show in Van Nuys called The Best of France and Italy. My friend's boyfriend will be showing both his Renault 5 Turbo II cars. Supposedly Jay Leno goes to this show. As a previous Lancia Scorpion owner, I'm looking forward to this show and hopefully re-living past days.

I'm one of those who always RSVP's with good intention, but never shows up. Someday I'll go to one of these GTG's again. Have fun guys.

CART License
11-04-04, 05:26 PM
Ok, it’s a great day for a motor car race, looks like were stuck on ten as of today for the Champ Car World Series held at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez road course Viewing party, we could squeeze in another ten so speak up fans. Nut family get out of work Sunday I’ve purposely not feed Gizmo awating your company.

Social gathering 12:00
Race 01:00
Tequila shots 01:15 just don’t tell my wife, she’s away this weekend you know.

I have some beer if you want to call it that left over from Halloween and soft drinks, I will do Carne Asada, rice and refried beans also chips and Herdez salsa. Bring something if you like but not mandatory, I’m sure we can find something you’ll be partial to.

Send me an email and I will give you a link to my address and directions.
Jamie
and Thanks Mr. Assistant for keeping me up to date

manic mechanic
11-05-04, 12:16 AM
Ok, it’s a great day for a motor car race, looks like were stuck on ten as of today for the Champ Car World Series held at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez road course Viewing party, we could squeeze in another ten so speak up fans. Nut family get out of work Sunday I’ve purposely not feed Gizmo awating your company.

Social gathering 12:00
Race 01:00
Tequila shots 01:15 just don’t tell my wife, she’s away this weekend you know.

I have some beer if you want to call it that left over from Halloween and soft drinks, I will do Carne Asada, rice and refried beans also chips and Herdez salsa. Bring something if you like but not mandatory, I’m sure we can find something you’ll be partial to.

Send me an email and I will give you a link to my address and directions.
Jamie
and Thanks Mr. Assistant for keeping me up to date

NP on the updates, big guy. :thumbup:

I'm set to bring some ceviche de camaron, and (if Mrs. Manic can work her magic) a chile relleno casserole.

With pinniped set to appear, I'm sure there will be enough beer available, and I will bring some of manic's "private stock" to bolster the Tequila...I just don't know if I can wait until 01:15 to do them..

I vote that we start the TQ at 13:15 instead.. :D

manic

CARTNUT
11-05-04, 01:33 AM
:cough: Starting to feel a little :cough: under the weather. :cough: ;)

CART License
11-05-04, 05:16 AM
http://www.midgethockey.net/nut.jpg

pinniped
11-05-04, 01:38 PM
So where might this festive event be taking place?

CART License
11-06-04, 03:43 AM
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca

Anteater
11-06-04, 12:22 PM
If Bourdais wins the championship, I will do a victory dance. Maybe that will make up for the missing T_G's performance. ;)

manic mechanic
11-06-04, 04:52 PM
If Bourdais wins the championship, I will do a victory dance. Maybe that will make up for the missing T_G's performance. ;)

Trying to bolster the attendance numbers, Ant??? :laugh:

With the audience(s) you command, I hope we have enough food and libations for everyone.

manic

CART License
11-06-04, 05:39 PM
No Cameras or recording devices

Dave99
11-06-04, 05:53 PM
All rights reserved

©2004

anait
11-06-04, 06:07 PM
K, the Toronto bash I attended appears to have been tame, next to what you folks get up to... :eek: :rofl:

pinniped
11-06-04, 07:25 PM
K, the Toronto bash I attended appears to have been tame, next to what you folks get up to... :eek: :rofl:

You have no idea... :cool:

pinniped
11-08-04, 07:49 PM
What? No thank you posts yet?

Thanks Jamie for havinga great event...good to see everyone...I will be posting the video from the "victory dance" shortly...

CART License
11-08-04, 09:46 PM
http://www.midgethockey.net/images/11072004.jpg
Thanks everyone, a good time had by all
http://www.midgethockey.net/images/11072004a.jpg

Dave99
11-08-04, 11:08 PM
Of course we all thanked Jaime in person several times on our way out the door but I'll say it again so everyone else hears it too. :D

So thanks again, Jaime, for opening up your home to us all and thanks to those who prepared all the tasty mexican dishes. :thumbup:

See you'z all at Long Beach, if not before then. :)

anait
11-08-04, 11:33 PM
L-R names, somebody?? :cool:

Dave99
11-08-04, 11:46 PM
L-R: Pinniped, Apex, Mr. & Mrs. Anteater, Jaime (Cart License), Dave99, Angel.

Camera shy: maniac mechanic

manic mechanic
11-09-04, 01:10 AM

"Camera shy" because I took the picture, T.

But that is me with the laptop (in OC chat at the time, btw :D )

manic

manic mechanic
11-09-04, 01:13 AM
Oh yeah...

Thanks Jamie.

Without you, there never would have been a gathering (or at least we wouldn't have been at such a nice place). :thumbup:

manic

KLang
11-09-04, 10:17 AM

So is apex dressed up like a cone? :)

anait
11-10-04, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the identification! :) :D Apex looks terrific.

Manic, I had misidentified you in another picture. That is not who I thought you were. I'm going to save that pic for chat purposes! :cool:

Anteater
11-11-04, 01:12 PM
Thanks again to manic for organizing the party, and to CART License for providing such an excellent venue! :thumbup: It was a fine way to finish a great season.

See you at Long Beach!

~The Anteaters and Apex

pinniped
11-11-04, 02:39 PM
So is apex dressed up like a cone? :)

That cone can party :thumbup:

anait
11-12-04, 09:51 PM
Not to thwack passed-on plastic road signage, but was Apex on the coneage site?

manic mechanic
11-12-04, 10:23 PM

He wasn't (directly) on the site, but his rescue (and subsequent adoption) were a direct result of our efforts. :D

"Save The Cones"!!!!

anait
11-12-04, 10:30 PM
^^^ :D

Very nice pics, btw, as I said above...what's on your sweatshirt?

manic mechanic
11-12-04, 10:37 PM
^^^
Very nice pics, btw, as I said above...what's on your sweatshirt?

Newman-Haas Racing. :thumbup:

Ankf00
11-12-04, 10:48 PM
http://www.midgethockey.net/images/11072004.jpg

hey, I recognize that hippie on the right, and those hippies on the left too!!

Anteater
11-13-04, 03:11 PM

Apex has his own site:
http://home.earthlink.net/~rnshess/index.html

Ans if you can believe the people I met last Sat. night, he's going to be featured in a coffee-table book on cones!
:D :thumbup: Hope it doesn't go to his pointy head.

Dave99
11-14-04, 02:42 AM
And if you can believe the people I met last Sat. night, he's going to be featured in a coffee-table book on cones!
In the event one doesn't have their own cone, will the coffee table book on cones turn into a cone? (Sienfeld-ism-ology)

pinniped
11-14-04, 04:27 PM
Not that I'm a sceptic, but who would do a book on cones? :confused:

Is Apex going to be in the centerfold?

TravelGal
11-17-04, 01:54 AM
Just got back and see you had a grand party without me. :cry: Pinniped! It's about time I put a face to the name. And everyone else looked great too. Even Apex had on his best flag. Siiiigh. Next year. ;)

pinniped
11-17-04, 02:45 PM
Just got back and see you had a grand party without me. :cry: Pinniped! It's about time I put a face to the name. And everyone else looked great too. Even Apex had on his best flag. Siiiigh. Next year. ;)

I am sure I'll meet you and Mr. Travelgal (?) sometime in the future at the races...We have quite a good crowd for these events usually...Apex drank too much...