PDA

View Full Version : Penske using Champ Car

Jervis Tetch 1
10-28-04, 12:29 AM
Once again Penske is circumventing the rules by having Sam the Sham drive a Champ Car to get some much-needed road racing experience in Florida.

I guess his many off-road excursions in the I*L test was too much for the Craptain to take.

Fio1
10-28-04, 01:32 AM
What they should do is change drivers, but if they really want Sam Wankernish in the car :rolleyes: then Penske should send him to Bob Bondurant for some private coaching. :laugh:

oddlycalm
10-29-04, 04:01 PM
Yep, this guy is going to be in serious trouble on a road course. Learning to drive a real race car might not be the best prep for driving one of the EARL pigs. My guess would be that the crapwagons understeer like crazy right up until the moment the rear end snaps around without warning. Barn door wings may pin them to the track at speed on an oval, but a road course will shoot a lot of holes in such a crude approach. On slower corners where mechanical grip is all that is between the driver and a trip into the weeds the crapwagons should be very amusing. At least dragging those barn doors down the straights will mitigate some of the braking required... :D

It'll take years and a lot of money to refine the cars to the point where roadraces are anything more than a hopeless embarrassment, particularly when there are only a couple per season. Good luck jagoffs... :laugh:

oc

Winston Wolfe
10-29-04, 09:39 PM
Yep, this guy is going to be in serious trouble on a road course. Learning to drive a real race car might not be the best prep for driving one of the EARL pigs. My guess would be that the crapwagons understeer like crazy right up until the moment the rear end snaps around without warning. Barn door wings may pin them to the track at speed on an oval, but a road course will shoot a lot of holes in such a crude approach. On slower corners where mechanical grip is all that is between the driver and a trip into the weeds the crapwagons should be very amusing. At least dragging those barn doors down the straights will mitigate some of the braking required... :D

It'll take years and a lot of money to refine the cars to the point where roadraces are anything more than a hopeless embarrassment, particularly when there are only a couple per season. Good luck jagoffs... :laugh:

oc

Speak the words, mah brutha !
Truth be told !
All hail the Pagoda, and the temple of Coke.
Praise 16th & Georgetown !

Skater_36
10-30-04, 09:23 AM
I'm looking forward to watching the IRL go road racing, of course I've always been a fan of comedy. ;) I hope that no drivers are seriously injured.

I believe that road racing will help to accelerate the demise of the IRL by increasing costs in a series that has very low fan interest and equally weak TV ratings.

Rogue Leader
10-30-04, 09:32 AM
I'm looking forward to watching the IRL go road racing, of course I've always been a fan of comedy. ;) I hope that no drivers are seriously injured.

I believe that road racing will help to accelerate the demise of the IRL by increasing costs in a series that has very low fan interest and equally weak TV ratings.

I do plan to watch it too because I KNOW it will be comedic!

spinner26
10-30-04, 10:12 AM
They laugh and poke fun at the "follow the leader" myth of CCWS on street courses and most road courses where there is very little room to pass, I can't wait to see the parade these fools create. It will be below average speed so as not to loose it in the corners and anything close to side by side racing,"passing" as Piggly Wiggly calls it will take out most of the field. What a great turn of events for the vision. How many of the originals of the series are left in the low budget series?

Wheel-Nut
11-05-04, 10:54 AM
I found this on the Fisher Price website. Racing tips for their Driveway Racers. Perhaps The Sham can hone his skills in one of these!!

Fisher Price (http://www.fisher-price.com/us/powerwheels/racers/default_flash.asp?z=5&id=30439)