PDA

View Full Version : Clear!

nrc
10-27-04, 05:50 PM
Now you can replicate all the drama of your favorite Emergency Room drama or reality program in your very own home!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00064CED6/ref=amb_center-2_138349_2/002-3671079-8637654

# The first and only defibrillator available over-the-counter that can be used by virtually anyone with the materials included
# Easy to use with guided interactive voice instructions
# Safely delivers a shock only if needed
# Reliably runs daily self-tests for readiness
# Philips is the worldwide leader in portable defibrillators on airplanes, and in airports, workplaces, communities, and homes

mapguy
10-27-04, 06:00 PM
Sorry, I ain't biting unless one of these are included...

http://www.firehouse.com/news/2000/5/emergency/fest5.jpg

RichK
10-27-04, 06:08 PM
These things are very cool and will save a lot of lives in the future. CPR classes are now offering special classes regarding home/office defibrillators.

The company that started this device is HeartStream, bought by Philips. They were right across the street from my wife's company when they first got started.....another stock pick missed! :cry:

devilmaster
10-27-04, 06:09 PM
I think Mappy had a thing for Kevin Tighe.....

Useless fact of the day - my aunt was a nurse at Harbor UCLA medical center, which was used as the exterior shots of Rampart hospital. She got to meet the cast.

Steve

mapguy
10-27-04, 06:14 PM
I think Mappy had a thing for Kevin Tighe.....

Useless fact of the day - my aunt was a nurse at Harbor UCLA medical center, which was used as the exterior shots of Rampart hospital. She got to meet the cast.

Steve
No way dude, Randolph Mantooth all the way. Another useless fact, Dr Kelly Brackett (Robert Fuller) was a Troy, NY native.

RichK
10-27-04, 06:23 PM
No way dude, Randolph Mantooth all the way. Another useless fact, Dr Kelly Brackett (Robert Fuller) was a Troy, NY native.

Just like me! Now I feel special.

oddlycalm
10-27-04, 08:40 PM
Now you can replicate all the drama of your favorite Emergency Room drama or reality program in your very own home!Picture BiF, Buck and the gang plus a couple gallons of 'shine and a defibrillator... :eek: :D :gomer: :rofl:

rosawendel
10-27-04, 10:11 PM
not unless i can start an i.v. drip with D5W.

indyfan31
10-27-04, 11:16 PM
I feel so much better now, people usually look at me funny when I mention Squad 51. :)

JoeBob
10-28-04, 11:15 AM
Poor squad 51. Every time they sit down to grab a bite to eat...

rosawendel
10-28-04, 11:55 AM
funny storty: my dad was a volunteer fireman when i was a kid. when there was a fire, there was of course, a siren heard through the neighborhood, but the firemen each had their own radio receiver so they could hear the alarms (it was called a "plek-tron").

now when i was 5 or 6, there was a fire in my own house. burned about half of it down. no one was hurt, but we had to live at my grandparents while they rebuilt the house.

the cause of the fire? the plek-tron shorted out.