PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Thursday, 1pm CDT

The Doctor
10-27-04, 02:58 PM
http://www.champweb.net/headline.php?t=h&id=26663

The Champ Car World Series will announce the 2005 Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford schedule Thursday, October 28, 2004 at 1 p.m. Central Time at its headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Champ Car President Dick Eidswick and Series Vice-President of Event Planning Joe Chrnelich will unveil the 2005 schedule at the Champ Car headquarters located at 5350 West Lakeview Parkway South Drive in Indianapolis

carpfan
10-27-04, 03:42 PM
How do you get CD T??

I thought Indiana didnt use daylight savings...

nrc
10-27-04, 04:04 PM
Announcement confirmed at CCWS.com. A lemming chorus of "But, but, but, but, but, but..." is scheduled for 1:30 PM Central time.

CART T. Katz
10-27-04, 04:16 PM
CDT=EST. technically pretty much all of indiana changes time zones in the summer.

pretty good for a dead series that wasn't going to go anywhere, eh?

one complaint though: they should have had it out months earlier imo.

nrc
10-27-04, 04:21 PM
CDT=EST. technically pretty much all of indiana changes time zones in the summer.

pretty good for a dead series that wasn't going to go anywhere, eh?

one complaint though: they should have had it out months earlier imo.

Considering that this year's schedule was cobbled up in January and had TBA's until a month or so ago, a reasonably firm schedule in October would be a good step forward. One step at a time.

cart7
10-27-04, 05:14 PM
I wonder how quickly they can get the schedule up on the website after the meeting?

pchall
10-27-04, 08:33 PM
Tentative Champ Car schedule according to Robin Miller at the SpeedTV site:

March 20 -- Buenos Aires, Argentina (new, street);
April 10 -- Long Beach (street)
May 1 -- Puerto Rico (70/30 it won't happen);
May 22 -- Monterrey, Mexico (road course);
June 4 -- Milwaukee (oval, daytime show);
June 19 -- Portland (road course);
June 25 -- Cleveland (daytime);
July 10 -- Toronto (street);
July 17 -- Edmonton (new, street);
July 31 -- San Jose (new, street);
Aug. 14 -- Denver (street);
Aug. 28 -- Montreal (road course);
Sept. 24 -- Las Vegas (oval);
Sept. 4 -- TBA;
Oct. 16 -- Seoul, Korea (new, permanent road course?);
Oct. 23 -- Australia (street);
Nov. 6 -- Mexico City (road course).

He contends that RA, Laguna Seca and Vancouver [!!!] are toast.

ncmlj
10-27-04, 09:44 PM
CDT=EST. .

HUH? You sure about that? EDT=EST NO? CDT=CT NO? Hell i'm confused lol I think CDT is Central :D

pchall
10-27-04, 09:47 PM
HUH? You sure about that? EDT=EST NO? CDT=CT NO? Hell i'm confused lol I think CDT is Central :D

It is CGT -- Central Gomer Time

ncmlj
10-27-04, 09:48 PM
Ok I had to look it up, it is Central. And after looking at all that crap I am really confused lol

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/cdt.html

ncmlj
10-27-04, 09:51 PM
It is CGT -- Central Gomer Time

Why would Champ Car be using that time then? :D

CARTNUT
10-27-04, 10:00 PM

O.K. This still baffles me! CART T. Katz do you remember reading about my Memorial Day '03 journey to your fair city of Louisville? I got a big kick out of the fact that when I left, driving north over the river into Indiana, the sun was setting and it was AFTER 9:00PM! Now that's Daylight Savings!

'NUT :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
10-27-04, 10:38 PM
So, if Robin is correct the once great CART series will be transformed into a ****ty spec series with half of the races being street parades and you're debating what time it is in retard land? Outstanding, that's important :shakehead

nrc
10-27-04, 11:09 PM
So, if Robin is correct the once great CART series will be transformed into a ****ty spec series with half of the races being street parades and you're debating what time it is in retard land? Outstanding, that's important :shakehead

The "****ty spec series" part, as you call it, has been in effect for two years now and seems to produce just as much excitement as ever. And street parades? Denver and Australia were as exciting as anything on the circuit this year.

Keep in mind that Laguna Seca included a provisional date for Champ car for September 11th on their 2005 schedule and Miller has a TBA date for September 4th included on his speculative list. It's still early to get bent out of shape unless you're saying that Road America makes of breaks the entire series.

Methanolandbrats
10-27-04, 11:25 PM
What I'm saying is Champcar is going to be a complete street racing series in a few years. Maybe it's unavoidable. Seems like real racing where the fans travel to the track and perhaps walk a bit is dead. Now the racing has to go the the "fans". Perhaps it's a natural extension of the culture of instant gratification, low effort and lazy *******s. The same thing is happening in F1.

Ed_Severson
10-28-04, 12:58 AM

Just wanted to throw this in to see more meltdowns regarding the time zones -- that is a false statement.

Most of Indiana never changes time zones. The time zone Indiana is aligned with changes, but Indiana is always on Eastern Standard Time, just like they should be. ;)

chop456
10-28-04, 05:06 AM
It's still early to get bent out of shape unless you're saying that Road America makes of breaks the entire series.

It's a big part of it for me. I've said for years that the worst day of my year is the Monday after the ChampCar race at RA because at that point it's the longest possible wait until the next one. The people who lost their home race at Mid-Ohio after many years know what it's like. I think it's made a little worse for "us" by virtue of the fact that RA is one of few courses left in the entire world that hasn't been chicaned to death. It's the last real road course in the U.S.

4 years ago I had 3 ChampCar races within 90 miles of my doorstep. Now I have 1.

I realize that we're in survival mode, but if what survives isn't racing anywhere that's interesting to me, what have I won? I hope this is a stopgap and we get some races back once the money starts coming in. What we lack is a dimwitted bazillionaire willing to squander his fortune jousting windmills.

Megger
10-28-04, 06:57 AM

:D Thats what I was thinking. No RA and Laguna would suck!!

Warlock!
10-28-04, 07:19 AM
I hope this is a stopgap and we get some races back once the money starts coming in.
I don't have much doubt that will happen, *IF* the money starts coming in. With NASCAR not giving up a whole bunch of ground, I don't see it happ'nin' anytime soon.

So, survival mode it is... I'll keep watchin'. Maybe with a little less enthusiasm, but I'm not gonna piss and moan about it. Hell, I wouldn't throw my money away if I were KK.

RaceGrrl
10-28-04, 09:58 AM
Hell, I wouldn't throw my money away if I were KK.

Yeah, you would. But you wouldn't be throwing it away on racing. :p

Warlock!
10-28-04, 10:07 AM
Yeah, you would. But you wouldn't be throwing it away on racing. :p
Well, yeah... but I don't cosider it "throwing away" cause I get a big return on my investments...

;)

Warlock!

nrc
10-28-04, 11:12 AM
Well, yeah... but I don't cosider it "throwing away" cause I get a big return on my investments...

;)

Warlock!

STD=ROI?

:D

JLMannin
10-28-04, 12:12 PM

[off topic rant]You are wrong. It is the rest of the US that changes time zones. Indiana stays on Eastern Standard Time year around. It just so happens that central daylight time is the same as eastern standard time because daylight time is one hout ahead.

IN, AZ, and HA have it right. I don't think that there are very many school children that in the spring and fall, take advantage of the "extra daylight hour" to toil in the fields, which was the intent of daylight savings time in the first place. The argument that DST saves energy is a real crock of **** - it is dark the same amount of hours each day regardless.

If NY, NY would stop changing their clocks twice a year, the world would follow suit.[/off topic rant]

The schedule is coming out earlier than compared to last year, IIRC. That is a definate move in the right direction.

TKGAngel
10-28-04, 12:28 PM
Just wanted to throw this in to see more meltdowns regarding the time zones -- that is a false statement.

Most of Indiana never changes time zones. The time zone Indiana is aligned with changes, but Indiana is always on Eastern Standard Time, just like they should be. ;)

You know, I just saw this same time zone discussion happen on an episode of The West Wing. Made me laugh then, makes me laugh now.

Topic...why are they taking Cleveland off of the 4th of July weekend? I liked being able to not have to take off of work to go to the race!

Sean O'Gorman
10-28-04, 12:43 PM
My guess is because there is so much stuff going on that weekend that the GP gets drowned out. Champ Car isn't exactly the highest priority in the citizens around here, it is much easier to not have to fight BBQs, the Tribe, big 4th of July concerts, etc.

Besides, the ALMS race that is typically in late June has been moved to May, so that frees up that weekend for the Champ Cars at Cleveland. I like it, it'll be cool for the Mid-Ohio season to finally start in May. :cool:

pchall
10-28-04, 01:45 PM
Why would Champ Car be using that time then? :D

They have Stephen Hawking as a paid consultant and he told them that Champcars needs to be in the same time/space reference as the black hole at 16th and Georgetown that is sucking American openwheel racing back into 1937. Of course, the Heisenberg Principle suggests that the closer Champcars is to IMS the greater the effect they have on what happens in the Four Cornered Oval Universe. Mr. Hawking suggests that this is a Good Thing.

jonovision_man
10-28-04, 01:46 PM
The schedule is coming out earlier than compared to last year, IIRC. That is a definate move in the right direction.

Last year there were some issues, to put it lightly... I would hope this year would be better!

jono