PDA

View Full Version : The Foosball, College, 10/30

Ankf00
10-26-04, 05:55 PM
sooners vs. the pokes in stillwater, and the pokes have won 2 of the last 3 ;)

but news of the week, Visor Boy has 24 hours to tell Florida's A.D. that he wants to return home to replace Zook, and he wants OU's co-def. co. Bo Pelini (NU's DC under Solich, and a most definite Bad. Ass. 2 periods, 2 caps, he's earned it) with him. oooo, the suspense, back to natural order of the universe with Fulmer getting it handed to him all year every year :D

FLCARTfan
10-27-04, 09:13 PM
Beyond me why UF would want to hire visor-girl back after she quit on them last time.

Ankf00
10-27-04, 11:55 PM
don't you have some first stingers to be posting bail for this time of year? :gomer:

dando
10-28-04, 12:54 PM
but news of the week, Visor Boy has 24 hours to tell Florida's A.D. that he wants to return home to replace Zook, and he wants OU's co-def. co. Bo Pelini (NU's DC under Solich, and a most definite Bad. Ass. 2 periods, 2 caps, he's earned it) with him. oooo, the suspense, back to natural order of the universe with Fulmer getting it handed to him all year every year :D
Pelini = former Buckeye. Thank you very much.

Quiet weekend in CFB. Joe Pa one more game closer to retiring after the Bucks take the Nits in the Shoe. Final might be 3-2. :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-30-04, 10:51 PM
FSU and Miami both go down :rofl:

w00t!

FLCARTfan
10-30-04, 11:08 PM
FSU and Miami both go down :rofl:

w00t!

Don't forget the Florida Leakers....

First Time since 1978 all 3 lost on same day.

FIRE JEFF BOWDEN !!!!

Ankf00
10-30-04, 11:20 PM
aggy lost to baylor!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAAHAHA

poooooooooooooooooor aggyyyyyyyyy! :rofl:

"we're for real this year, we get no respect, we beat clemson and k-state, who'd you beat? arkansas? pfff"

"we beat baylor"

oh ya. Our defense is glorious.

Greg Robinson is my hero.

I'm thinking Lyndon Johnson was president the last time Northwestern and Baylor beat ranked opponents the same weekend, or something like that... :rofl:

CART T. Katz
10-31-04, 11:17 PM
follow this logic:

louisville shuts out unc 35-0 i believe
louisville beats miami everywhere else but on the scoreboard 38-41
unc beats miami 31-28.

makes us look even better don't it? miami has to be the worst "two" loss team in college football, or the most overrated at the least.

ps. please PLEASE get us out of this godforsaken conference. i don't want to have to go to the liberty bowl AGAIN.

Ankf00
11-01-04, 12:31 AM
follow this logic:

louisville shuts out unc 35-0 i believe
louisville beats miami everywhere else but on the scoreboard 38-41
unc beats miami 31-28.

makes us look even better don't it? miami has to be the worst "two" loss team in college football, or the most overrated at the least.

ps. please PLEASE get us out of this godforsaken conference. i don't want to have to go to the liberty bowl AGAIN.
that's FSU, but Miami's right behind :D

CART T. Katz
11-01-04, 01:54 AM
long day :p
assessment on miami is still valid

dando
11-01-04, 10:10 PM

My $$$ is still on Wishconsin as the most overrated team period. Play Meechigan, damnit! :mad: FSU/Mihammy are tied for a close second.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-02-04, 02:07 AM
My $$$ is still on Wishconsin as the most overrated team period. Play Meechigan, damnit! :mad: FSU/Mihammy are tied for a close second.

-Kevin

'02 bucks vs. '02 hawkeyes ;)

Easy
11-02-04, 11:32 AM

I think Classic Apex will agree with me that the Hawkeyes would've had the Bucks in 02. I certainly would rather have played OSU in a Bowl game than USC that year. I'm still a little sore from that Orange Bowl.

nrc
11-02-04, 12:29 PM
I think Classic Apex will agree with me that the Hawkeyes would've had the Bucks in 02. I certainly would rather have played OSU in a Bowl game than USC that year. I'm still a little sore from that Orange Bowl.

Yeah, right. Lotta people said Miami would walk on the Bucks that year, too. :rolleyes:

racermike
11-02-04, 01:08 PM
Ducks beat up the Fuskies! (always a cherished win in the PacNW when someone beats UW)

Tim
11-02-04, 01:32 PM
Wisconsin the most overrated huh? I think that honor would go to Utah. The most Underrated has to be Boise St. I watched them stomp Hawaii 69-3 the other day. There offense was near flawless while the defense held Chang in check.

Ankf00
11-02-04, 01:46 PM
Wisconsin the most overrated huh? I think that honor would go to Utah. The most Underrated has to be Boise St. I watched them stomp Hawaii 69-3 the other day. There offense was near flawless while the defense held Chang in check.

I'm a huge Chris Peterson (BSU OC) fan, but Timmy Chang is overrated crap, would be nice to see a playoff between the WAC and MWC champ, BSU vs Utah. Utah beat an A&M team which is about to lose to Baylor, Tech, OU, and Texas to close their season, if any of those losses came earlier in the season no one would've given aggy and by association Utah all that love in the polls, now Utah has the feather in their hat of beating a UNC team which is 4-4 that plays a Defense that would make Paris proud.

dando
11-02-04, 07:41 PM
Hey, I wish that matchup would have happened to shutup the Hawkeyes Nation. <insert Jervis rant here> IMHO, the Silver Bullets would have shutdown the Hawks. Truth came out in the Orange Bowl, eh? As I recall,the Big 10+1 was perfect in bowls in '02 other than the Hawks. <Go ahead and insert your Porter rant here> :gomer:

The Bucks also missed the Mildcats during their glory daze. I wish I could have seen that matchup, 2.

-Kevin

dando
11-02-04, 07:45 PM
We'll see about da Badgers. I still think they'll choke on one of their last three games. If not, they'll get their @sses handed to them in a BCS bowl. Play Meechican, damnit. :)

Hawaii and Chang are paper tigers. Blame the blue field and the cold temps. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-02-04, 08:10 PM
smurf turf has nothing to do with Chang owning the record for most Div-1 interceptions, pure suckage on his part, but it does help to have an NFL starting calibre receiver in lelie playing for him

Jervis Tetch 1
11-03-04, 12:57 AM
Hey, I wish that matchup would have happened to shutup the Hawkeyes Nation. <insert Jervis rant here> IMHO, the Silver Bullets would have shutdown the Hawks. Truth came out in the Orange Bowl, eh? As I recall,the Big 10+1 was perfect in bowls in '02 other than the Hawks. <Go ahead and insert your Porter rant here> :gomer:

The Bucks also missed the Mildcats during their glory daze. I wish I could have seen that matchup, 2.

-KevinNo need for a rant from me about past history. I got my laugh last month. ;)

Easy
11-03-04, 10:45 AM
No need for a rant from me about past history. I got my laugh last month. ;)

WORD!

Easy
11-03-04, 10:48 AM
Truth came out in the Orange Bowl, eh?

-Kevin

Yes, USC was the best team in the nation, by far.

dando
11-05-04, 07:54 PM
Did they have a football game, but have a basketball game break out last night?

linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243090235)

1200 total yards, 105 total pts. Imagine if it had gone into OT! :eek:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-05-04, 07:58 PM
*yawn* Rice and San Jose State put up a bigger shootout earlier this year, 70-63,

heheh :D

dando
11-06-04, 01:18 AM
*yawn* Rice and San Jose State put up a bigger shootout earlier this year, 70-63,
OK, but that was Rice and San Josie St...neither of which was a ranked team like Louizeville (who should have taken out Hihammy a coupla weeks ago). Yer just jealous that some teams have an O like that....come to think of it, so am I. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-06-04, 01:42 AM
OK, but that was Rice and San Josie St...neither of which was a ranked team like Louizeville (who should have taken out Hihammy a coupla weeks ago). Yer just jealous that some teams have an O like that....come to think of it, so am I. ;)

-Kevin

Rice runs the 'bone, I'd say 63 points is more amazing than a top 25 offense racking it up on memphis, but that's just me

Dave99
11-06-04, 04:38 PM
I look forward to the Trojans pounding the Beavers.

nrc
11-06-04, 04:55 PM
The Bucks are bowl elligable. :thumbup:

Small consolation for a rotten season, but this is a young team and the extra practice time is important for next year.

dando
11-06-04, 05:20 PM
The Bucks are bowl elligable. :thumbup:

Small consolation for a rotten season, but this is a young team and the extra practice time is important for next year.
Ginn is simply amazing, eh? Fast as hell and a heckuva nice kid to boot. The next couple of years are going to be special. This team may have turned a corner today. Purdoo is falling apart, so I rate the Bucks' chances as good next week, and I'm sure JT will have the boys stoked for the Wolves (plus, I'm not entirely sold on the inconsistent Wolves).

In other news, Aggies up 14-0 on OU. Perhaps Ank is rootin' fer the wrong team from Texas... ;)

-Kevin

dando
11-06-04, 06:28 PM
Here's a good read on the good and bad top tens in college foosball:

linky (http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041106/NEWS0301/411060345/1001/NEWS)

On a side note, what a mess the Big 12 North is...3 losses leads the division?!? :eek:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-06-04, 07:23 PM
aggy cluster**** leading to 14 free points for BlowU in the 3rd, 35-28 BlowU, and they're driving

mike's ducks are up on cal 27-21, cork's bandwagon might go down burning :D

dave's bandwagon will burn later ;)

dando
11-06-04, 08:15 PM
aggy cluster**** leading to 14 free points for BlowU in the 3rd, 35-28 BlowU, and they're driving

mike's ducks are up on cal 27-21, cork's bandwagon might go down burning :D

Ank, I'll take my Bevo medium rare after the Cowboyz whoop some UT @ss tonight (off to a good start). :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-06-04, 08:32 PM
Ank, I'll take my Bevo medium rare after the Cowboyz whoop some UT @ss tonight (off to a good start). :gomer:

-Kevin

Only alumni get that privilage (if you can call it that), sorry. :gomer:

Dave99
11-06-04, 09:03 PM
:rofl: We'll see!

I've been an SC fan since before you were borned, junior! :p

Ankf00
11-06-04, 09:10 PM
:rofl: We'll see!

I've been an SC fan since before you were borned, junior! :p

that explains all those sold out games at the collesium :gomer:

hehe

Ankf00
11-06-04, 09:22 PM
we're toast :gomer:

dando
11-06-04, 10:00 PM
we're toast :gomer:
Nah, I have feeling that this one is goin' to the wire.

Friggin' domers managed to pull out the W @ day glo orange. :mad:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-06-04, 10:05 PM
Nah, I have feeling that this one is goin' to the wire.

Friggin' domers managed to pull out the W @ day glo orange. :mad:

-Kevin

not unless this formerly glorious D re-learns how to tackle.

Greg Robinson is still my hero. The DE's, however, need to learn to hold their position and knock that counter play in the face.

Ankf00
11-06-04, 10:55 PM
holy ****ing ****

how benson isn't ahead of peterson for heisman when he faces 8 or 9 in the box every week w/ ZERO passing threat is ridiculous. doesnt matter how many "freshman" records he has, where is he in the all time top 10 td's, yards, lists?

Dave99
11-06-04, 11:39 PM
Uh ohhhhhhh. Fog. This not be good.

I may be drowning my sorrows before the night is over as well, Ank. :saywhat:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/randalls_1815_65087124

dando
11-07-04, 12:03 AM
Uh ohhhhhhh. Fog. This not be good.

I may be drowning my sorrows before the night is over as well, Ank. :saywhat:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/randalls_1815_65087124
Mmmmm, the good stuff....better keep that hidden before MHF finds it and has a party in the Community forum. :D

re: USC...Holy cr@p! You can barely see the field in Corvalis! Reminds me of the playoff game between the Bears and Eagles in like '86. :eek:

EDIT: looks like some of the camera guys are having probs seeing the field, 2. :laugh:

-Kevin

dando
11-07-04, 12:07 AM
not unless this formerly glorious D re-learns how to tackle.

Greg Robinson is still my hero. The DE's, however, need to learn to hold their position and knock that counter play in the face.
Seemed like the Cowboys grew gator arms @ halftme.

I feel asleep on the couch (kid had us up all night) after they made it 42-35, how'd they make it 56-35? Am I seeing things, or did Young almost toss it for ~300 yards?!? :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-07-04, 12:20 AM
drowning sorrows? what sorrows?

56-35 baby, 49 unanswered points, 42 in the 2nd half :D

HOOK 'EM! http://forums.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/hookem.gif

hrm, what does this cutback remind me of? wait, it's not a kellen winslow pose cuz it's an actual play, hrmmmm...
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041107/capt.txeg10711070328.oklahoma_st_texas_txeg107.jpg

and yes, he did almost throw for 300 :cool:

and Benson ran for 5 TD's :cool:

"Benson's last TD, a 6-yard bullrush in which he pushed four defenders across the goal line..."

dando
11-07-04, 12:29 AM
Mihammy loses to Clemson in OT. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-07-04, 12:34 AM
Mihammy loses to Clemson in OT. :thumbup:

-Kevin

what is this "mihammy" business? hanging out at denny's alot lately? :p

the "co-canes" i understand, calling Miami a ham is a bit more perplexing :confused:

Dave99
11-07-04, 12:52 AM
56-35 baby, 49 unanswered points, 42 in the 2nd half :D
Well yeah, it's pretty easy to score points when you cheat by not kicking field goals. :p

#22 :laugh:

*hiccup*

Ankf00
11-07-04, 01:15 AM
Well yeah, it's pretty easy to score points when you cheat by not kicking field goals. :p

#22 :laugh:

*hiccup*

we're not Tech, we only had 1 4th down the entire 2nd half which we ran up the MIDDLE for 20 :gomer: which kept alive our streak of scoring on every single possession of the 2nd half :gomer:

EDwardo
11-07-04, 01:55 AM
Been watching the fog bowl in Oregon.

Earlier today I went to see the #1 and #2 Div II teams in the country play, Pittsburg State and NW Missouri state. Excellent game with the #1 PS Gorillas winning a close one. Best line I heard was on the radio broadcast in the Mens room. "we're going to take a short time out while they tend to the injured gorilla on the field"!

Dave99
11-07-04, 11:57 AM
http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/Pennantstrings/USCitem.jpg http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/Pennantstrings/USCitem.jpg http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/Pennantstrings/USCitem.jpg http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/Pennantstrings/USCitem.jpg

we're not Tech, we only had 1 4th down the entire 2nd half which we ran up the MIDDLE for 20 :gomer: which kept alive our streak of scoring on every single possession of the 2nd half :gomer:
Oh that was Texas Tech? I see. I didn't actually read any of your posts. I just skimmed through to see if my name appeared anywhere in them. :D

dando
11-07-04, 02:58 PM
what is this "mihammy" business? hanging out at denny's alot lately? :p

the "co-canes" i understand, calling Miami a ham is a bit more perplexing :confused:
Name of a sammich up here @ a now defunct joint called Bumpers. It just stuck with me over the years. Bumpers used to a great place (perhaps THE place) to catch a race in Cbus...even had Herta's nose cone from The US 500 hanging from the ceiling (with name plate attached proclaiming it was Vasserized). :D Others from around these parts like nrc and DjDrO can fill you in on the rest of Bumpers history.

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
11-07-04, 10:45 PM
Did they have a football game, but have a basketball game break out last night?

linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243090235)

1200 total yards, 105 total pts. Imagine if it had gone into OT! :eek:

-Kevin

i feel proud that our defense showed up for at least one play that night. they hadn't shown up all game. a win is a win though. upcoming, the richeous beatdown that the texas christian horned frogs have coming from 3 seasons ago.

you think its possible for one school to be dominant in football as well as basketball? i hope the answer is yes. :)

and btw, miami is the most overrated 3 loss team in america. ;) :p

Ankf00
11-09-04, 01:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059

"Clarett claims cash, cars among benefits

By Tom Friend and Ryan Hockensmith
ESPN The Magazine

Ending six months of silence, former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett has told ESPN The Magazine in this week's edition that he "took the fall" for the school during a 2003 NCAA investigation and that he's talking now because he wants to "clear his name" with National Football League owners and general managers."

uh ooooooooooh :saywhat:

Don Quixote
11-09-04, 01:54 PM
They obviously aren't paying these guys enough if they can't even beat Northwestern. :laugh:

Ankf00
11-12-04, 01:42 AM
Using the PSR rankings off of Jerry Palm'sThe Link and used Mr. Gates' Excel product to build an average of the 5 highest ranking teams per conference and division (for the SEC).

Big 12 South: 13.2
Pac-10: 16.6
ACC: 18
Big 10: 18.4
SEC East: 43.6
SEC West: 51

Auburn has beaten 2 ranked teams and an SOS that is 83rd. OU's is 6th. Boise State, Utah and Southern Miss have played tougher schedules.

dando
11-12-04, 08:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059

"Clarett claims cash, cars among benefits

By Tom Friend and Ryan Hockensmith
ESPN The Magazine

Ending six months of silence, former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett has told ESPN The Magazine in this week's edition that he "took the fall" for the school during a 2003 NCAA investigation and that he's talking now because he wants to "clear his name" with National Football League owners and general managers."

uh ooooooooooh :saywhat:
Well, based on Geiger's comments, all of these charges were investigated by the NCAA and guess who was found to be lying? Go figger. I guess MC13 better learn how to ask customers, "Do you want fries with that?" He'll be lucky to be drafted in the 5th round now.

Oh, and I found this piece particularly amusing:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/11/09/mailbag/index.html

What a frickin' moron.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-12-04, 08:47 PM
Well, based on Geiger's comments, all of these charges were investigated by the NCAA and guess who was found to be lying? Go figger. I guess MC13 better learn how to ask customers, "Do you want fries with that?" He'll be lucky to be drafted in the 5th round now.

Oh, and I found this piece particularly amusing:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/11/09/mailbag/index.html

What a frickin' moron.

-Kevin

hey buddy, it aint just clarett, there's plenty of others including robert smith talking about the $

and you can't get away from offering classes like "officiating basketball" and crap like that, that's on the books ;)

dando
11-12-04, 09:23 PM
hey buddy, it aint just clarett, there's plenty of others including robert smith talking about the $

and you can't get away from offering classes like "officiating basketball" and crap like that, that's on the books ;)
Holmes, that's old news going back to the Big Kat daze back in '98 or so. For every Big Kat/MC13/Sammy M., there's a Krenzel/Mo Hall/Hartsock to balance it out. Don't be knaive in thinking that OSU is the only program out there with an easy path for athletes. Heck, I'll bet that when (if) UT ever wins a national championship, :p there will be a bit more scrutiny on that program, too (what the heck did Ricky major in anywho?).

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-12-04, 09:54 PM
aww, the ncaa's making OSU it's scapegoat, you're sounding more like an LSU fan now :gomer:

ricky majored in the liberal arts, ceramics, horticulture, botany, and hydroponics ;), but no "officiating basketball" or "football by coach mack brown";)

no doubt UT's cake for athletes, but there aren't constant allegations of wrongdoing, weren't there during the 80's SWC meltdown and aren't there now

dando
11-13-04, 07:18 PM
One undeated is falling as Wishconsin is choking on a brat @ MSU (as I called two weeks ago). IMHO, expect da Badgers to lose again next weekend @ IA. Remaining undefeated is Boyzie St (after 2 OTs), and Auburn is rolling big on the Dawgs. Oh, and UT escapes @ Lawrence. Lucky bastiges.

EDIT: Pitt takes down the domers. :thumbup:

EDIT2: Bucks lose to Purdoo. :( Pile on. :gomer:

-Kevin

EDwardo
11-13-04, 08:26 PM
Being a Tigers fan, the Lawrence Crows losing always brings a smile. Texas almost choked on a big bone today, escaping with a 4 point victory. I'm guessing Ank was sweating just a little.

Jervis Tetch 1
11-13-04, 10:48 PM
San Jose State must be averaging about 50 points a game, but they are 2-7.

They did give Boise State a battle though before losing in double overtime.

What is this? The AFL? (American Football League NOT the Arena Football League)

Dr. Corkski
11-14-04, 03:31 AM
Craig Krenzel might win more games this year than O$U, but he probably won't get paid as much as he did at O$U. :laugh:

Wisconsin losing more than likely moves Utah into the BCS top 6 and a guaranteed BCS bid. Along with the 6 conference champs and with Cal ahead in the rankings and Rose Bowl wanting the other good Pac-10 team to replace USC, Texas will probably go to the Holiday Bowl again.

Ankf00
11-14-04, 03:58 AM
berkeley ranked #4 on a pac 10 schedule is a joke :saywhat:

man"eating"gino is a wanker

"You know what this was all about don't you? BCS," insisted Mangino, who said he didn't care if Big 12 officials fined him for his candor. "That's what made all the difference in this game. All of America sat at home and watched the play. We'll let them be the judge about that call."

he also said something like "usually I commend the other team for outplaying our guys but I am not going to do it because our guys outplayed them today and they should have won the game." :rolleyes:

that's why VY strolled through the park to pick up 4th and 18 and we had ~520 yds off. :gomer:

CART T. Katz
11-15-04, 01:37 AM
http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif

#8 (and rising)

Ankf00
11-15-04, 11:02 AM
from sportsline

"Admittedly affected by BCS pressures, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops had quarterback Jason White throw into the end zone from the Nebraska 17 with 33 seconds left. Oklahoma eventually turned the ball over on downs and was assessed a 15-yard penalty because fans were throwing oranges on the field.

Boosted by the extra yardage, Nebraska made every effort to ruin the shutout, including spiking the ball with one second left to kick a field goal. Oklahoma fans and Nebraska coach Bill Callahan reacted angrily.

"(Bleepin') hillbillies," the Daily Oklahoman quoted Callahan yelling toward Sooners fans as he left the field."

:rofl: