PDA

View Full Version : Robby Gordon to start his own Cup team

Wheel-Nut
10-26-04, 03:28 PM
Primary Sponsor to be Kollision King! :D

LINK (http://sports.iwon.com/news/10262004/v0607.html)

cart7
10-26-04, 03:36 PM
Soon to come, the new ROBBY futility thread. :thumbup:

Audi_A4
10-26-04, 04:04 PM
I will drive for him and crash his cars

rabbit
10-26-04, 04:25 PM
This can only go badly. :shakehead

DaveL
10-26-04, 04:52 PM
No good can come of this. Looks like Childress showed Robby the door, not that I blame him. Gordon will forever be a might have been. Great talent with no brains.

JoeBob
10-26-04, 05:02 PM
Wow. For the second time in his career, Robby finds himself having to start his own team because no self-respecting team owner will hire him.

So much talent, so little brains.

JohnHKart
10-26-04, 05:03 PM
A great ten year old quote by then Ford SVO Michael Kranefuss keeps coming to mind every day I hear about or see Robby Gordon, and it was made in regards to Winston Cup:

"I would have signed him, but he might win a race then go out and crash in the next ten races."

John

JohnHKart
10-26-04, 05:05 PM
I was actually going to start a thread "Gordon's Gone" after Childress's WTunnel appearance, he all but said that Gordon was gone when he sort of brushed aside Despain's question of Gordon being gone....."When we're ready to make those announcements" I think was the answer but it was so obvious he meant Robby was gone. The rumours were running that way anyway.

John

Racewriter
10-26-04, 05:59 PM
Robby sucks.

Rogue Leader
10-26-04, 06:30 PM
I Hope he bought a junkyard behind his shop for all the cars hes gonna total....

DaveL
10-26-04, 07:43 PM
Robby sucks.

Well, if ya wanna be succinct about it...

cart7
10-26-04, 08:07 PM
He'd be the perfect sucker.... er I mean, perfect car owner for Nascar to start gathering some crash test data using a black box...... ummm

Oh wait, Robby's managed to catch one of those on fire too..... :gomer:

Railbird
10-27-04, 06:17 AM
The Jeff George of motorsports.

Always the one to make you think "one of these days", always the one to catch your attention with pure talent, damn near always the one to make you shake your head in frustration.

I never thought the tin tops were the place for him anyway, too much slack, he needed the challenge of openwheel cars to keep his miniscule attention span focused on the job at hand. Grinding around hell-holes like Dover and the Rock all afternoon would be enough to test anyone's patience, much less his.

4wheeldrifter
10-27-04, 08:24 AM
Just when the rest of the Nastycar field thought they ridded themselves of Robby "This car's a *^$%ing pig" Gordon..... heeee's baaa-aaaack. :laugh: Should make for some, uh, drama in an otherwise forgetable race series next year.

IlliniRacer
10-27-04, 10:45 AM
I remember his last year in CART, Parker Johnstone making the comment that the worse thing for Robby Gordon the driver is Robby Gordon the owner.

devilmaster
10-27-04, 12:28 PM
Single car entry with an owner/driver?

maybe Robby should make his way over to the Bodine's place and ask the basic question 'how did that work out for you?'

Steve

JoeBob
10-27-04, 12:43 PM
It's actually a shame that there's really no high level off road racing in the US. If the old Mickey Thompson Stadium Truck Series was still around, Robby would be a superstar there.