PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State / Michigan costs $1.6M

Ankf00
10-26-04, 08:27 AM
SBC bought the naming rights, dirty whores, first they bastardize Texas/OU about 4-5 years ago to the "Red River Shootout" *puke*, now this, bet they go after Miami/FSU next, oh wait, ABC already got them to move their game so it could be on primetime :thumdown:

"SBC Michigan-Ohio State Classic," I think that's what SBC named the Cotton Bowl as too, "SBC Cotton Bowl Classic"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1909426

Don Quixote
10-26-04, 10:26 AM
:thumdown:
I will still call it "the game".

4wheeldrifter
10-26-04, 12:26 PM
Greedy bastiges. Nothing is sacred any longer. First the bowl games, now this. :thumdown:

All that dough and OSU is gonna get cremated at home. Wonder if viewership will be less this year because of it? :shakehead

dando
10-26-04, 06:38 PM
All that dough and OSU is gonna get cremated at home. Wonder if viewership will be less this year because of it? :shakehead
Nah, I'll still suffer through it. Losing just makes the beer taste that much better. :D

All I know is Woody is rolling over in his grave. What sux worse is that I can't stand SBC. I though Americra@p was bad, but these folks are 10x worse.

-Kevin

nrc
10-30-04, 11:55 PM
Deal dumped.

http://sports.myway.com/news/10272004/v2167.html

Sean O'Gorman
10-31-04, 12:05 AM
What happened, did they realize that most OSU fans can't afford phone service in the first place?

RaceGrrl
10-31-04, 12:56 AM
I'm glad somebody stood up and said "you can't have our game." I just wish it would have been someone in the OSU athletic department instead of Michigan.

Ankf00
10-31-04, 01:20 AM
our AD only cares about $, so SBC will own the name to the OU game forever... then again, we did just officially name every sports game vs A&M the State Farm Lonestar Showdown :rolleyes: this year...

dando
10-31-04, 11:44 AM
What happened, did they realize that most OSU fans can't afford phone service in the first place?

The Michigan Prez put the kybosh on the deal, which is laughable, as it was Meechigan that started the explosion of athletic sponsorship deals back in the mid-90s. Quite frankly, considering the rise in tuition costs over the past decade, they should start plastering corporate names all over campus.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-31-04, 11:54 AM
The Michigan Prez put the kybosh on the deal, which is laughable, as it was Meechigan that started the explosion of athletic sponsorship deals back in the mid-90s. Quite frankly, considering the rise in tuition costs over the past decade, they should start plastering corporate names all over campus.

-Kevin

Baylor's weeeeeeell ahead of you on that one. Corporate U.