PDA

View Full Version : David Besnard

Easy
10-22-04, 09:37 AM
Excellent work. 1998 USF2000 champ goes 13th in first qualifying in a Reynard. Far as I know, never tested before the weekend and hasn't driven a single seater regularly since the 90s.

nrc
10-22-04, 11:57 AM
Excellent work. 1998 USF2000 champ goes 13th in first qualifying in a Reynard. Far as I know, never tested before the weekend and hasn't driven a single seater regularly since the 90s.

Well done for a rookie the first time out. I seem to recall that the press release did mention that he had tested with Walker, but I'm sure it didn't amount to much.

Haberfeld also put in a good time for 11th, so the Reynards are respectable this weekend.

Of course the bottom half of the field is probably slotted up two places because of problems for Junky and Carp.

tllips
10-22-04, 02:26 PM
Haberfeld also put in a good time for 11th, so the Reynards are respectable this weekend.

Remember, a Reynard won this event last year!

RichK
10-22-04, 02:39 PM
A Reynard also won the brand's first race here.....they have a good history in Australia.

Fio1
10-22-04, 02:42 PM
I've been saying this kid was the real deal for ages. He did well in Atlantics before running out of money in, I think 99 or 2000. I'm glad to see him in a car, and hope he generates enough interested to get a full time deal next year. Christian Murchoson would be a good Aussie for Champ-Cars as well....

theunions
10-22-04, 02:44 PM
Interesting to see that while it appeared PKV had divested itself of this program in letting Walker field his entry instead, the rear wing still very prominently says "PKVracing"...

nrc
10-22-04, 03:04 PM
Interesting to see that while it appeared PKV had divested itself of this program in letting Walker field his entry instead, the rear wing still very prominently says "PKVracing"...

I noticed that. Maybe PKV just decided that they didn't have the resources to field another car. With rookie in Surfers you could get into a pinch for spare cars pretty easily. :)