PDA

View Full Version : New Role For Singleton

TedN
10-22-04, 08:27 AM
From Today's Toronto Sun (http://tinyurl.com/3reas)

Ted

nrc
10-22-04, 11:21 AM
Rumor has it that Singleton will become Champ car's man in Canada with an office in Toronto.

All very positive except that the Molson merger may put a crimp in their future support.

oddlycalm
10-22-04, 04:14 PM
All very positive except that the Molson merger may put a crimp in their future support.

I'd agree with that, but without the Coors deal Molson would be hurting even worse due to losses on Kaiser, it's Brazilian misadventure. I'm a bit surprised that the Coors people were even interested in a merger considering the size of the losses at Kaiser. Another uncertainty is what Pete Coors future role will be if he wins the election in two weeks.

Looks to me like Singleton and CCWS are positioning themselves to look elsewhere for support aside from the Toronto race, which shows they are paying attention and looking down the road a few years. To me this is a fundamental difference between the CART management of old and CCWS.

oc

KobySon
10-22-04, 06:13 PM
re: kaiser... I don't know how they thought that beer could be sucessful. It was absolutely the worst beer I ever tasted. I don't recall it being much cheaper than brahma or antartica either.

audi quattro
10-23-04, 09:59 AM
Rumor has it that Singleton will become Champ car's man in Canada with an office in Toronto.

All the more necessary to keep the canadian races in tact if molson bolts.

pchall
10-23-04, 10:27 AM
Coors? As one of my German cousins said as we sampled all sorts of American beers during a visit -- "This is a good beer for children."