PDA

View Full Version : AOL Leaving NASCAR?

trish
10-22-04, 07:14 AM
According to Jayski "...AOL does not see NASCAR as a viable tool in their marketing/business plan."

http://jayski.thatsracin.com/cupnews.htm

dando
10-22-04, 10:24 AM
According to Jayski "...AOL does not see NASCAR as a viable tool in their marketing/business plan."

http://jayski.thatsracin.com/cupnews.htm
Could lend credence to the rumors of AOL sponsorship for CCWS. However, the international footprint for CCWS does not support the US-based AOL business (although they do have international affiliates).

-Kevin

FCYTravis
10-23-04, 04:05 PM
AOL has a growing Spanish-language version of their software - AOL Latino. Perhaps they want to expand their market south of the border? Champ Car would do it...

devilmaster
10-23-04, 05:04 PM
AOL has a growing Spanish-language version of their software - AOL Latino. Perhaps they want to expand their market south of the border? Champ Car would do it...

NASCAR will be able to do it too, Trav. The busch series at Hermanos, and if that new F1 Cancun track happens, it looks like a cookie cutter oval too.

Steve

RusH
10-23-04, 05:13 PM
I just did a quick google search on AOL, they are all over the world, Latin America, Australia, UK, Germany. I think they would get a better bang for the buck in CCWS.

Sean O'Gorman
10-23-04, 05:17 PM
AOL may leave NASCAR, but they'll still send them 50,000 CDs a year for free trials.

Clown
10-23-04, 05:27 PM
Its because Nascrap rednecks aren't good at the interent :gomer:

dando
10-23-04, 05:31 PM
I just did a quick google search on AOL, they are all over the world, Latin America, Australia, UK, Germany. I think they would get a better bang for the buck in CCWS.
Yes, AOL is global, but not under the AOL brand. The core AOL business is the US-based AOL service. Add up the rest, and they are probably less than 10% of the AOL service.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-23-04, 06:36 PM
aol's marketed as netscape or something in the UK, or they used to be anyways