PDA

View Full Version : Through The Eyes Of A Child (or two)

TRDfan
02-19-03, 02:24 PM
Not sure where I should put this, so community seemed good.

I was watching a video recap of Toyota Motorsports from 2002 with my boys. It was fun watching the Bruno/ CdM battle from last season once again. This led to a discussion with my 7 yr old son, Geoffrey.

I had to try to explain to him the changes in store for this year:
- Yes, Scott Dixon is still in a Toyota/Target car.
- He can still cheer for Bruno, but it's not a Toyota.
- daMatta is in a different league, but still a Toyota.

His comments were quite interesting:

"I like the races where they go all squiggly" (road/street races)
"Won't it get boring going in circles all the time ?"
"When I go to a race track, I want it to be Road America"
"We should get the channel that I can see daMatta on"

...and he can almost pronounce Sébastien Bourdais already.

Nicholas, my four year old, still want's to cheer for Memo. (or whoever is winning)

They both are waiting for me to print out the spotters guide so they can start learning the names of the drivers.

Sometimes kids seem to get it right. This is going to be one interesting/challenging/frustrating year for me (and my boys)

Steve

Napoleon
02-19-03, 02:45 PM
The kids must come from good stock.

A little off topic TRDfan, in the past I have stopped by my local Toyota dealership and talked them into giving me extras of C^RT racing posters they had of their drivers. Is Toyota sending posters to their dealerships for their IRL drivers (and no I don't want one I am just curious).

TRDfan
02-19-03, 02:52 PM
Last couple years, they have sent a poster of each years lineup. Last year we had the motorsports expo here and I was able to secure some extras of the 2002 lineup.

Yesterday I recieved a magnet schedule of the 2003 IRL Schedule. No poster yet.

I've contacted the teams directly and try to get other items for display. It was funny, last year I got a handful of Townsend Bell posters and two cases of Tora posters.

Hardpoint
02-19-03, 03:03 PM
Thats a good story. Sounds like your son has a better idea of who's driving what than I do. I'm gonna be completely lost for the first half of the race on Sunday.