PDA

View Full Version : Rapid-fire silly season to start

pinniped
10-20-04, 01:25 PM
I just read at ITV that Button stays at BAR for next year...So that means Button and Sato at BAR but who partners Mark Webber at Williams? There is a rumor that Williams was still going to get Fisichella and that Renault would then buy Jacques out of the Sauber contract, but I find it hard to believe that Briatore would do that until Jacques turns in a solid performance.

I always did think that Button's manager went too far with the team change here...

RichK
10-20-04, 01:46 PM
If Button has two brain cells to rub together, he's breathing a sigh of relief right now....

Dirty Sanchez
10-20-04, 01:48 PM
This Button deal is far from over, imo.

Joe in LA
10-20-04, 04:56 PM
Williams has been hinting that Pizzonia will get the drive.

oddlycalm
10-20-04, 05:48 PM
If Button has two brain cells to rub together, he's breathing a sigh of relief right now....

And that my friend is quite a big if... :D On the other hand, if he doesn't want to drive for BAR it seems idiotic to keep him. The last thing I would ever want is a person working for me that didn't want to, let alone contesting a title in F1.

oc

Michaelhatesfans
10-20-04, 06:22 PM
Part of doing in well in life isn't so much knowing what to say, as knowing when to shut up...

"Naturally I am disappointed by the ruling, but as a matter of principle (like when I tried to weasle out of my contract in the first place and leave BAR up ***** creek without a paddle), I firmly believe in standing by the decision the CRB have reached today. BAR have been extremely professional at the race track during this process, and I expect this to continue. I look forward to joining the BMW WilliamsF1 Team in the future."

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31406

PS/Hint - The ***** creek reference was not from Mr. Button.

Forza Lancia
10-21-04, 10:16 AM
From what I've read lately, the Fisichella-to-Williams rumors seem to have died down. It sounds as though Williams is interested in either Pizzonia or Heidfeld (assuming they really don't pursue the Button thing any further).

spinner26
10-21-04, 01:06 PM
What ever happened to the former Williams test driver Bruno Junky? All we heard when Bruno came to TCGR was how he was better than Juan and he'd only be in Cart, at the time, for as long as Cheaps and Sir Franks contract was to last. I gues all that went by the wayside huh?

tomahawk
10-21-04, 11:03 PM
Webber owned Pizzaman the last time they teamed up - this will not work. If Williams is serious about bringing Button over in 2006 (and I think that's the plan), they should hire Coulthard for 2005. DC's not a young gun but will get you points and he'll be motivated...

I'd love to see Ant Davidson get the seat but I don't think he will. :(

Nick Heidfeld's been rumored and is German (BMW friendly) but he has not proven to be among the elite. :shakehead

Pizzaman's not the answer. :shakehead

I can hear the Jeff Gordon to F1 rumors starting up again ;)

:tomahawk

Dirty Sanchez
10-22-04, 10:00 AM
DC=:gomer: choice for that seat

extramundane
10-22-04, 12:27 PM
DC=:gomer: choice for that seat

2005 is clearly DC's year...