PDA

View Full Version : Exciting offer from IndyCar Series mag!!!!

Anteater
10-20-04, 12:22 PM
Yesterday my husband received a postcard in the mail inviting him to subscribe to IndyCar Series Magazine (aka THE ULTIMATE OPEN-WHEEL MAGAZINE), including the gift of a terrific 2004 Indianapolis 500 DVD if he would just return the attached prepaid postcard with special sticker affixed thereto. Since Mr. Anteater and I are of the same mind when it comes to the I*L, I took the liberty of filling the postcard out for him:

- I wrote "The I*L s**** - please remove me from your mailing list!" and drew a big "X" across his name and address
- I stuck a ChampCar World Series sticker where the DVD gift sticker was supposed to be placed.

I am so pleased that RACER Publications gave me a chance to air my views on their nickle. :laugh: It just annoys me that the card was addressed to Mr. A., since our now-cancelled subscription to RACER was in MY name!

JLMannin
10-20-04, 12:34 PM
Racer has made the same mistake that ICR and OnTrack made; and that is hitching their wagon to TG crapwagon express.

I had the misfortune of buying a 2 year renewal to Racer in April of 03 before their IRL leaning tendencies emerged. When the subcription ends, it will not be renewed.

FRANKY
10-20-04, 12:39 PM
Yesterday my husband received a postcard in the mail inviting him to subscribe...

if he would just return...

I took the liberty of filling the postcard out for him:

- I wrote... across his name..

- I stuck a ChampCar World Series sticker...

I am so pleased...

It just annoys me that the card was addressed to Mr. A., since our now-cancelled subscription to RACER was in MY name!

The wife is always the last to know. :D

RacinM3
10-20-04, 01:09 PM
My longtime RACER subscription just expired, not to be renewed....

No only because of the pro-IRL slant, but because the magazine just started sucking.

Sean O'Gorman
10-20-04, 02:08 PM
I still have the original IndyCar magazine sitting on my desk, still in the plastic. I haven't yet figured out what to do with it that would get the point across before sending it back.

Methanolandbrats
10-20-04, 02:16 PM
I still have the original IndyCar magazine sitting on my desk, still in the plastic. I haven't yet figured out what to do with it that would get the point across before sending it back. Keep it, collectors item.

Michaelhatesfans
10-20-04, 02:24 PM
- I wrote "The I*L s**** - please remove me from your mailing list!" and drew a big "X" across his name and address
- I stuck a ChampCar World Series sticker where the DVD gift sticker was supposed to be placed.

:laugh: :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
10-20-04, 02:47 PM
Keep it, collectors item.

That's what I was thinking. Some day I think it might even be worth more than the postage required to send it back!

RacinM3
10-20-04, 03:14 PM
Send it to me, quick! I just ran out of TP and...uh...have an emergency.

FCYTravis
10-20-04, 03:29 PM
Send it to me, quick! I just ran out of TP and...uh...have an emergency.
:rofl: :laugh: :thumbup:

The IRL is a racing series without fans and "IndyCar Series" is a magazine without readers.

Dave99
10-20-04, 03:38 PM
Pretty soon everyone attending an IRL race will he given a red hat and an IndyCar mag upon tripping the turnstile. :gomer:

You done good, Anteater. What I would have done with their Business Reply Card is spray-glue it to a brick and drop it off into an old fashioned curb-side mail box. Even though they have posted a bond for pre-paid postage they can still be charged for any additional weight. ;)

dando
10-20-04, 07:44 PM
Note to self: Don't piss off Msr. A. ;)

:thumbup:

-Kevin

Michaelhatesfans
10-20-04, 08:02 PM
....spray-glue it to a brick and drop it off into an old fashioned curb-side mail box. Even though they have posted a bond for pre-paid postage they can still be charged for any additional weight. ;)
(Guinness voice)
Brilliant!!!