PDA

View Full Version : Denver 2005

nrc
10-18-04, 11:00 PM
The Speed World Challange has released their schedule including this date:

Aug. 12-14 CENTRIX Financial Grand Prix of Denver, Denver, Colo. Champ Car

They'll make a good addition to the bill. Unfortunately they'll be running in St. Pete with the crapwagons as well, but they'll have five months or so to get the stink off before they arrive in Denver.

Don Quixote
10-19-04, 10:17 AM
but, but, but, the experts at TF said there won't be a 2005 Denver GP :confused: :gomer:

Steve99
10-19-04, 05:32 PM
I hope they come. They will make for a great weekend. I might have to go there again.

Steve99
10-19-04, 05:42 PM
After thinking about his some more, I wonder, have the SWC cars ever raced on a street course before? All those concrete walls could make for an expensive weekend for some of those teams.

RacinM3
10-19-04, 06:01 PM
Yes, they ran a temporary street course in Puerto Rico last year with Trans Am, and they ran at Washington DC a couple of years ago with ALMS. They also ran a number of races at Trois-Rivieres between 1997 and 2002, as well as one race in 2002 at San Diego (which was a really cheesy little street course).

And yes, some of the teams had very expensive weekends.

I was surprised to see the addition of an IRL support race as part of the schedule. If I'm lucky enough to get there as part of SWC, that should be an interesting weekend. It'll be funny to see the fan reaction to the SWC brand of racing, only to later see the "racing" that the IRL will put out there. I'm sure the IRL will be upstaged.

FCYTravis
10-19-04, 06:31 PM
No, no, no, you've got it all wrong Scott...

If you get there in SWC, you'll be HEADLINING the event... the EARL's just a cheezy support show providing some of the funding.

The stands will pack full for World Challenge, and look like a ghost town by the time the "feature" EARL race goes green.

Road racing fans know real racing. :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
10-19-04, 07:28 PM
Scott, I think you need to have an "accidental" stuck throttle while returning to the paddock after a practice session, and the "stuck" throttle doesn't get fixed until you've torn through at least 75% of the Indy Car paddock. :D